[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Nick Rhodes
Did that work with any other Rom?

Thought the Blade just turn off all connections when screen is off.

Its supposed to change from WiFi to mobile data.

If I turn WiFi off manually or am out of range 3g stays connected.

Don't think it has worked on any of the 2.2 roms. Never a problem in 2.1

I have installed the RLS9 today and i need to add new contacts to my phone. But by default it seems to add a google contact. I just want to add a new contact with a phone number, thats it. How can i do the same ?

I have installed the RLS9 today and i need to add new contacts to my phone. But by default it seems to add a google contact. I just want to add a new contact with a phone number, thats it. How can i do the same ?

Contact -> Hold Menu -> Add contact and you get the option to add contact to local (Phone) or Google

Guest dysprosium2

Hi! The rom is working really good for me, but having a slight problem. When I used the stock rom it gave me almost everywhere 3G+ but after installing JJ RLS9 with hw_addon, and ahb_overclock + of course saunalahti_ril so after that I dont get 3G+ anywhere anymore only 3G and this is a bit annoying because I listen alot to internet radio and it seems to buffer all the time because not connected to the faster HSDPA. I have clocked it with SetCPU to 710mhz. Tried to search the forums but no luck there, but if you see a similar post please feel free to link. So I'm thinking is this a problem within the rom or is there a way I could fix this myself.

Thanks in advance!

Guest my-planet
u install them one at the time with reboots after each one with clockwork like the rom

Hmm...I don't reboot in between. I just install the ROM, and then the addons one after the other straight away. Am I at risk of my phone blowing up?

Contact -> Hold Menu -> Add contact and you get the option to add contact to local (Phone) or Google

It did not give me any option for local (phone) but as soon as i go to Contact -> Press Menu -> Add contact, it says Google Contacts on top

Is this anything to do with the display options where on the bottom there is "Contacts to show" and only my google account is visible there

----------------------------

Ok so i did a factory reset and now i do get Phone only but say now i add my google account and sync it, will it cause the "phone only" to vanish ?

Edited by rak007

Guest a55hole

No more youtube with this rom!?

app shut down directly after start. [terminated unexpected...force closure]

Can´t reinstall from market [inst. failed]

and reinstall apk from sd doesn´t change anything.

[Haven´t had probs with stackbladroid v01 - also no other issues with this rom ]

any ideas?

Guest vovav80
It did not give me any option for local (phone) but as soon as i go to Contact -> Press Menu -> Add contact, it says Google Contacts on top

Is this anything to do with the display options where on the bottom there is "Contacts to show" and only my google account is visible there

----------------------------

Ok so i did a factory reset and now i do get Phone only but say now i add my google account and sync it, will it cause the "phone only" to vanish ?

I've had the same problem, Setting up your google account will automatically assign the contacts to the google account and "phone only" will disappear. The interesting part is that you will have other problems (with favourites etc).

I installed the addon (RLS8 contacts) and it does give you the option of adding to your phone. But I had other issues with this as well. For example, I can't move contacts to SIM, it gives me an error message. "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close."

Edited by vovav80

Guest LordKickapoo
No more youtube with this rom!?

app shut down directly after start. [terminated unexpected...force closure]

Can´t reinstall from market [inst. failed]

and reinstall apk from sd doesn´t change anything.

[Haven´t had probs with stackbladroid v01 - also no other issues with this rom ]

any ideas?

Youtube works just fine. Have you tried to clear of the data and cache. Or can u do it anymore?

Guest IronDoc
Hmm...I don't reboot in between. I just install the ROM, and then the addons one after the other straight away. Am I at risk of my phone blowing up?

Nothing quite so dramatic I think. :P Maybe a bootloop. It needs to be done with themes (actually probably not anymore now they're signed the same as JJ), not sure about addons. If it's working there's nothing to worry about.

Guest willdabeast
For everyday use, which one is better RLS8 or RLS9? I'm just looking for a rom with best, basic, functionality with 2.2

Thanks.

I've just upgraded to RLS9 from 8 and I'm already a lot happier with it. I was having issues with 8's SMS capabilities.

I have a couple of questions that probably already been asked a couple of times, but this is a REALLY long thread so have mercy.

1. How do you install the addons?

2. Why is the "3G"-icon replaced with an "H"? Is there any differene? Oddly enough, it happened once or twice that I got back the old "3G"-icon in the notification bar.

3. Is the option to turn off usb-charging removed? I can't find it now, but in the stock Orange ROM, you could turn off that the phone would be charged while connected to a computer.

I have a couple of questions that probably already been asked a couple of times, but this is a REALLY long thread so have mercy.

2. Why is the "3G"-icon replaced with an "H"? Is there any differene? Oddly enough, it happened once or twice that I got back the old "3G"-icon in the notification bar.

3. Is the option to turn off usb-charging removed? I can't find it now, but in the stock Orange ROM, you could turn off that the phone would be charged while connected to a computer.

1. Addons are installed as the rom itself... through clockwork

2. It's actually the "3G+"-icon thats been replaced with H (as in HSDPA)

Guest Nickman1200

1. Read the first post.

Installation

Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 or 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM and addons

Just flash the addon like you did with the rom in Clockwork. (Don't wipe after install of addon)

2. Think it has to do with turbo 3g. H = 3G+ :P

3. Can't find it either

Thanks for the fast answers ppa123 and Nickman1200!

Just one other thing. When you say "Don't wipe after install of addon", you mean whipe as factory whipe? I haven't actually done that after flashing the JJ-rom. Should I have done that? What's the benefit? I still can go back to my old stock orange rom after a whipe(backed it up with clockwork)? The reason I haven't done a wipe yet is that I thought I would lose info and didn't know what the gain would be.

Guest Nick Rhodes
Its supposed to change from WiFi to mobile data.

If I turn WiFi off manually or am out of range 3g stays connected.

Don't think it has worked on any of the 2.2 roms. Never a problem in 2.1

Turns out is it working, just takes a lot lot longer than I was used to with 2.1 .... :P

Guest Nickman1200
Thanks for the fast answers ppa123 and Nickman1200!

Just one other thing. When you say "Don't wipe after install of addon", you mean whipe as factory whipe? I haven't actually done that after flashing the JJ-rom. Should I have done that? What's the benefit? I still can go back to my old stock orange rom after a whipe(backed it up with clockwork)? The reason I haven't done a wipe yet is that I thought I would lose info and didn't know what the gain would be.

If it works for you then fine. Just know that if you get lots of "forced close" and strange bugs then a wipe will 95% of the time solve the issues.

Does for me. For navigation at least.

WFM also. those with GPS problem, did you wipe during install? did you try the fix posted in another thread?

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

shouldn't be needed though.

also how many levels of working are there? GPS apps like Endomondo work fine for me, same as in 2.1 pretty much..

Edited by Smiff2

WFM also. those with GPS problem, did you wipe during install? did you try the fix posted in another thread?

Wipe - yes, fix - no. Pls point me 2 that tread.

But i was wrong - GPS work maybe it's bad visibility 2day.

Edited by hood

Is it possible to install the addons with clockwork manager 3.0.0.5? I've tried twice now to install the battery indicator and dialer addons, but I just get a big exclamation mark and then the phone boots up in a bare version of 2.2(all my settings, widgets etc are gone). Or isn't it possible to install the addons via recovery manager(the same way I installed my ROM), but I have to boot up with clockwork and do it manuallY?

If it works for you then fine. Just know that if you get lots of "forced close" and strange bugs then a wipe will 95% of the time solve the issues.

Yeah, I just realized that I was dumb enough to not realize that recovery manager does the wipe automatically for you. I thought wiping was something I forgot since I ready so many posts about people doing it manually.