[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest liamdunn
I've installed RLS2 Lite and there is a little issue (the same with RLS1), I can't connect to my WiFi, it is a hidden network with a WEP password, I was able to connect easily with the MoDaCo Custom Eclair ROM all I had to do was manually add the network and I was on, but it won't connect on this, it found my neighbors WiFi but not mine. Also, I use a GiffGaff SIM and the network is identified as Telefonica O2 UK Limited and the data connection is the letter H, not GiffGaff and 3G+, just curious about that, something to do with the APN i'd guess and you'd say.

Well, that's my feedback, I'll mess around with it a bit more.

Addition

Suddenly the WiFi kicked in and i'm connected!

its no surprise that its displaying as o2 as giffgaff runs on the o2 network as does tesco mobile which is why you see them in the APN list, id say its a minor snag more than anything as you really only see this being displayed on the lock screen and notification area, as for the H and not 3G+ id say it might be something to do with HSDPA because in -about phone/status- the mobile network type displays as HSDPA

Guest AlphaVision
I added in some extra notifications from Cronos 1.7.2 for the Hero (contain extras like Zing and Vector) as I have done for all other Blade ROMs. These are MP3 files, the standard notifications are OGG.

When I select the MP3 notifications in sound settings they won't play! This is the first ROM that's done this.

--edit

Perhaps I should do a wipe, no MP3 files play!

--edit 2

Weird. It's started working of its own accord...

If you move the files you will need to restart. I had the same issue, but a restart builds the links again so they point to the right directory

Guest cartierv
its no surprise that its displaying as o2 as giffgaff runs on the o2 network as does tesco mobile which is why you see them in the APN list, id say its a minor snag more than anything as you really only see this being displayed on the lock screen and notification area, as for the H and not 3G+ id say it might be something to do with HSDPA because in -about phone/status- the mobile network type displays as HSDPA

I can't speak about this ROM, but on stock giffgaff's data signal seems to jump around all the time between G, 2G, E, 3G, 3G+ I think it has displayed H before as well. In all in the same location. I don't remember Orange doing that

Guest Afrodude

There seems to be an issue when Apps ask for Root Permissions, they either never get Root or it takes several minutes to do so. The screen seems to dim aswell. Can you have a look at this one please KK?

Other than that everything seems to be working OK so far.

Good work.

Guest Frankish
There seems to be an issue when Apps ask for Root Permissions, they either never get Root or it takes several minutes to do so. The screen seems to dim aswell. Can you have a look at this one please KK?

Other than that everything seems to be working OK so far.

Good work.

I had same problem on Pauls alpha too. Very rare but a restart usually fixes it.

Guest Afrodude

I seem to be able to replicate it at every bootup. Hmmm, strange.

Also the wrong version of Home Switcher is included in the ROM (doesn't work on Froyo). Might want to update it to the Froyo version in the next version.

Guest liamdunn
I can't speak about this ROM, but on stock giffgaff's data signal seems to jump around all the time between G, 2G, E, 3G, 3G+ I think it has displayed H before as well. In all in the same location. I don't remember Orange doing that

pfffffttt your lucky to get anything with orange these days, id been a customer for like 6 years but the constant network problems over the past year or so and especially the past 2 month's have pushed me onto giffgaff which is the best decision ive made!!!....reminds me i need to call orange and get the PAC code from them

Guest Blues003
No it is the led backlights do not work. Notifications do.

I do not understand then what you mean by LED backlights then. Is it screen-related? Because my screen works fine o.O

@ Afrodude: that happens to me too. What I usually do is kill the app, go to Superuser, make it forget the app, then launch the app... and this time, it'll work okay. That happened to me several times with Titanium Backup.

Edited by Blues003

Guest liamdunn
I do not understand then what you mean by LED backlights then. Is it screen-related? Because muito screen works fine o.O

@ Afrodude: that happens to me too. What I usually do is kill the app, go to Superuser, make it forget the app, then launch the app... and this time, it'll work okay. That happened to me several times with Titanium Backup.

Theirs a set of white LED's That light up the home-menu and back buttons but if im correct in saying the kernel doesnt support those LED's but the back button when you get a notification works just fine

Guest mELIANTE
I do not understand then what you mean by LED backlights then. Is it screen-related? Because my screen works fine o.O

LED Backlights- The buttons under the screen are LED illuminated, but those LEDs do not work in this ROM. Only the notifications LED(flashing back button).

Guest Blues003
Theirs a set of white LED's That light up the home-menu and back buttons but if im correct in saying the kernel doesnt support those LED's but the back button when you get a notification works just fine

Oh, I see. Well, I never noticed that lighting while using Customized BladeVillain's ROM, so I suppose that explains why I didn't notice the difference. Thanks for the info!

Guest Afrodude

Cheers Dude. I'll see if it works for me tomorrow.

Anyone else getting a "Connection cannot be made" message at bootup?

Guest Frankish

I got it once only.

EDIT:

Just added to my theme thread...

Desire Sense Theme

screenshot4yl.pngscreenshot5fs.png

Edited by Frankish

All the time on japanese ROM bootups.

Haven't got a clue why really

All the time on japanese ROM bootups.

Haven't got a clue why really

its because your access point settings for mobile data are incorrect, set them up correctly or disable mobile data and it wont appear again, or if you are using APN droid or any other widget/app to switch off mobile data, stop, because instead of simply unchecking the use mobile data box it sets a different and incorrect access point to prevent mobile data access and hence you get that error.

Guest Frankish

Just decompiled the boot.img, changed the logo.bmp. Now when i boot i get my splash image, then boot.img logo then my bootanimation. Never had this before, is the boot.img logo usually just a black .bmp? Or is this normal?

EDIT:

Hmm the alpha froyo roms also have this logo.bmp but it never showed for me. Is there a way to set it to not show the logo.bmp?

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Just an fyi guys. This FMRadio app works on this rom! It's very basic for now, no volume control and no channel saving.

Hi all

I've written an FM Radio aplication for the SF , that "works" on froyo. It works longer than just the first 3 seconds, but it is in very early state of development, and there are no volume controls, no design etc.

FM Radio app

Just an fyi guys. This FMRadio app works on this rom! It's very basic for now, no volume control and no channel saving.

I'm not running 2.2 at the moment but wonder if anyone has tried the fm_zte.apk from 2.1 on 2.2?

LED Backlights- The buttons under the screen are LED illuminated, but those LEDs do not work in this ROM. Only the notifications LED(flashing back button).

Sounds like it is light sensor related, doe's the auto screen brightness work with this ROM?