[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Super Ted
Yeah I'll move once CM is ready since none of the bugs affect me.

@omel: link

Where is the buglist? Couldn't see it on the first post (apologies if I'm being completely dull). Looking for a decent stable rom as this'll be my girlfriend's phone and she won't be able to deal with it if it crashes or hangs or restarts etc. This one sounds pretty ideal.

Edit: and I'm quite up for installing the image version. How safe is this? How successful have people been? I've got a UK TFT Blade. Thanks.

Edited by Super Ted

Guest IronDoc
Where is the buglist? Couldn't see it on the first post (apologies if I'm being completely dull). Looking for a decent stable rom as this'll be my girlfriend's phone and she won't be able to deal with it if it crashes or hangs or restarts etc. This one sounds pretty ideal.

Edit: and I'm quite up for installing the image version. How safe is this? How successful have people been? I've got a UK TFT Blade. Thanks.

Doesn't appear to be a buglist.

TPT installs are pretty safe (I've read of no problems), but check the md5 of anything you download. I don't think flibble provides a TPT image so you'll have to repartition your phone using one the of other image downloads (such as the JJ one) and then flash flib's slim ROM. Remember that the partition size will remain until you repartition with TPT, so check that any subsequent ROMs will fit.

Guest whowantstwoknow

Hi all,

I have this ROM installed on my blade, but cant seem to get it to voice dial using my bluetooth handsfree. I've seen another post on this forum having the same problem? Is this a know issue or is there a known fix?

Thanks

W.

Guest Salsaholic

I've been following Kallt_kaffe's ROMs for some time, but now switched from JJ6 to FLB G2 Froyo r8a.

The update was no problem at all using the slim FLB version into a small system partition (JJ TPT).

There are no major differences for me so far... WLAN seems to re-connect slightly faster (still not perfect) and (astonishingly) seems to better connect to weak WLAN signals.

Finally my GSM network name is back - wasn't able to fix this for JJ even with several hints from this thread.

Besides that, FLB feels a tiny bit faster (could be placebo effect...), but the LauncherPro App Drawer still scrolls slightly jerky - this was definitely better under 2.1 (Hungarian Hedgehog).

Well, I wonder why on earth I did move, as I had no major issues with JJ6 (later versions had nothing of interest for me or even seemed to worsen some things) and CM7 is progressing so well, but somehow I just couldn't help it :D

Finally, it fells good to be using a supported ROM again (and be able to hope for new updates to play with :D). I find it quite disappointing how KK abandoned JJ after all this great work... of course it's his right to decide what to do, but I have the impression that JJ9 was not the best candidate for a final release.

CM7 coming up now might improve our situation a lot, as we won't be as much depending on single developers. Let's hope we get official Blade support at Cyanogen soon!

Guest whowantstwoknow
Not afaik

Sorry IronDoc, is that a response to my query? If so afaik in terms of there shouldn't be a problem or afaik in terms there is a problem but no resolution

Thanks

W.

Guest IronDoc

@whowants...: Yes it was to you. And no I haven't read of anyone with the same problem. It's certainly not a prevalent one anyway; I've at least skimmed most of this thread.

@Salsa...: It wasn't exactly a final release, I think he just decided to try AOSP and didn't really plan it in advance. That's the impression I got anyway.

Guest heavyduty00

is there a lot of differences between rls7 and rls9? ie speed fixes or major bug fixes?

i have rls7 atm, and it is working fine but I think there are a few random bugs such as sometimes apps wont open properly etc.

Guest KopCity

is it the phone or the app???

whatever it is,its absolutely awful! facebook app is awful so i go on the main facebook.there is no update.the keyboard is really bad,all 3 of them including android one n iphone.battery life is the worst thing in the world! some apps not working properly..why is this?is it the ROM?

im rls9 japanese jellyfish atm,can somebody recommend me something better PLEASE PLEASE! thanks..i really want to update..

Guest nickoo0
I've been following Kallt_kaffe's ROMs for some time, but now switched from JJ6 to FLB G2 Froyo r8a.

The update was no problem at all using the slim FLB version into a small system partition (JJ TPT).

There are no major differences for me so far... WLAN seems to re-connect slightly faster (still not perfect) and (astonishingly) seems to better connect to weak WLAN signals.

Finally my GSM network name is back - wasn't able to fix this for JJ even with several hints from this thread.

Besides that, FLB feels a tiny bit faster (could be placebo effect...), but the LauncherPro App Drawer still scrolls slightly jerky - this was definitely better under 2.1 (Hungarian Hedgehog).

Well, I wonder why on earth I did move, as I had no major issues with JJ6 (later versions had nothing of interest for me or even seemed to worsen some things) and CM7 is progressing so well, but somehow I just couldn't help it :D

Finally, it fells good to be using a supported ROM again (and be able to hope for new updates to play with :D). I find it quite disappointing how KK abandoned JJ after all this great work... of course it's his right to decide what to do, but I have the impression that JJ9 was not the best candidate for a final release.

CM7 coming up now might improve our situation a lot, as we won't be as much depending on single developers. Let's hope we get official Blade support at Cyanogen soon!

Lots of people saying that JJ is no longer being improved no JJ v10, I haven't actually seen Kallt_kaffe say this and there is no mention on the first page that dev will stop. Am I being blind?

Guest targetbsp
Lots of people saying that JJ is no longer being improved no JJ v10, I haven't actually seen Kallt_kaffe say this and there is no mention on the first page that dev will stop. Am I being blind?

He has said this himself but it's somewhere in the middle of this huge thread so it'll be hard to find now lol. :D

Guest nickoo0
He has said this himself but it's somewhere in the middle of this huge thread so it'll be hard to find now lol. :D

ok thanks ill take your word way to many posts to search through. Shame FF seems really good but things can always be better :D

Guest Salsaholic

Here:

Likely RLS9 will be the final JJ version. Rumours says a Swedish official 2.2 will be out soon so we may soon have a new base to work from. I'm also doing some AOSP experiments. Just because "it can't be done" won't stop me from trying.

I just realise it was only a "likely" statement... but that fact he was not seen here for ~4 weeks speaks for itself. Unfortunately, he has neither jumped onto the Cyanogen train - that would have been nice!

Guest IronDoc
Here:

I just realise it was only a "likely" statement... but that fact he was not seen here for ~4 weeks speaks for itself. Unfortunately, he has neither jumped onto the Cyanogen train - that would have been nice!

He said in some other thread he was trying a code aurora source build. This was before Tom G found that the saunalahti ril worked with CM.

i think i was a little premature declaring this ROM dead in my last "issues" post (page 192 http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1600336 )

CyanogenMod RC1 turns out to have lots of issues, many of them worse than issues in JJ, and probably won't be generally usable until at least another release or two?

JJ is very reliable at reconnecting to wifi, which is something not many others have right afaik.

i'll be sticking with this for a while longer anyway!

i'll stick with my recommendation for new uses to try FLB (flibblesan's ROM) first because it has fewer issues "out of the box" and is better supported.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-zte-blade/

existing JJ users: stick to JJ for now if you're happy with it, wait for the CM issues to be worked out!

Edited by Smiff2

Hi today i update my san francisco from 2.1 custom bladevillain to 2.2 japanese jellyfish rls9

but i have a big problem, when i go to youtube from stock browser with 2.1 video work good

but now with 2.2 the browser say me cannot play video

why with 2.1 youtube work and now with 2.2 doesn't work?

Guest IronDoc
Hi today i update my san francisco from 2.1 custom bladevillain to 2.2 japanese jellyfish rls9

but i have a big problem, when i go to youtube from stock browser with 2.1 video work good

but now with 2.2 the browser say me cannot play video

why with 2.1 youtube work and now with 2.2 doesn't work?

Did you have flashlite before? I think you have to open youtube videos in the app; a box should popup when you click on the link.

I could be wrong.

Guest pitepalten
I didn't install anything

i don't known if the browser open youtube videos app but it isn't possible in 2.2 too?

updated to clockwork 3.0.0.6 and cant install hardware acceleration. anyone knows how to do it?

updated to clockwork 3.0.0.6 and cant install hardware acceleration. anyone knows how to do it?

downgrade to clockwork 2.5.1.8

as jap jelly is an older rom, its not compatible with the newer clockwork