[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
I used 7 for ages, was perfectly fine, just installed 9 and can't set up a google account over WiFi.

Complete bollox, won't touch JJ again =o(

Not true. It works OK and is NOT a reported issue in the 200+ posts.

Perhaps the Bollox are elsewhere....

Guest philmein
I'm stuck with adding add ons (UI acceleration and AHB bus speed) little bit of help with how to instal

install with clockwork the same way you unstalled jj9

Guest Pierreism
HW accel doesn't make any difference to normal UI operation...

Waste of effort.

It makes a big difference for games (which I was advising about since they mentioned PES2011).

Battery life for me has been fine with it on.

Guest targetbsp
It makes a big difference for games (which I was advising about since they mentioned PES2011).

Battery life for me has been fine with it on.

Seconded!

Guest Len Ash
Seconded!

A map is useless if you don't know where you are.

And still no-one has actually, at any time, quantified objectively:

The effect of HW accel in terms of performance and usability in 2D and normal phone usage.

The effect of HW accel in terms of 3D performance and usability.

The effect of HW accel in terms of 24/7 stability or otherwise.

The effect of HW accel on app load/close times etc.

The effect of HW accel on power consumption (or battery life under the same VARIED conditions with and without)

The effect of HW accel on other aspects of phone operation, if any, such as WiFi performance and integrity/BT performance and integrity and A/V performance and integrity.

Until someone definitively measures and benchmarks these factors, I'm afraid subjective comments and speculation are pretty worthless.

Imagine the same scenario in other areas of technology such as Automotive? (This car is more economical than that one but I've never measured it because my "mum" always fills them up.... ) You get my drift.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest targetbsp

I've said several times on this forum that HW Accel makes the game Leave Devil Alone much faster. Try the demo with and without! The difference is VERY obvious without any kind of measurement. That is the only title I know for sure is affected. Before all the roms had it on by default, I actually used the game to test whether new roms had it enabled before going to the trouble of editing the build.prop. :(

There may be others improved but as I run with it enabled on every rom since buying Leave Devil Alone I wouldn't know! :(

As one of the people whose battery life runs into several days its not massively hurting my battery during light use. How it affects drain on or off in heavy use I can't comment because measuring battery drain in Android seems impossible unless it's obviously way off - like CM7.

Stability wise I've had it on since ZTE released the Froyo source with no stability issues on my phone.

Don't know about any of your other questions.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Jaboloid
Its creator said a month ago that 9 was the last version... :(

The 1st Rom I installed was JJ 9 and it works fine except a few minor issues:

1.Wifi: Didn't connect at all (Sky router) but then I tried it at a friend's place (TalkTalk router) and wifi worked perfectly!

2.Dialler: When I dial a new number, I can't send a text to that number directly, unless I save it in contacts first. The other way is to go to messages and type the tel num on the message interface before u send the msg. Am I missing something obvious here? :(

3.Homescreen: That sounds funny but here goes; there's a 'hole' in my homescreen! I noticed that whenever I dragged icons/widgets/etc.. onto the 1st space on the 2nd row (there're 4 spaces in each row), well, it just dissapeared! I tried it on any of the 5 homescreens and it does the same thing. But if I drag a widget that takes more than one space, then it sticks to wherever I dragged it, even on the 'hole'! Finally I rearranged my homescreen so that only 'big' widgets covered the 'hole'!

4.You really need a special set of earphones so be able to use the phone handsfree - but that's more hardware i guess and there's a topic on that elsewhere.

5.Battery life seems to be the same even after the 'battery calibration' process. Only difference is now I added the 'power control' widget, I just turn off Wifi,GPS,3G unless I need them. That's improved btty life a lot for me. Only prob is google maps doesn't load quickly so I connect for a good 5 min before I open g-maps.

In general, it's a really nice interface (visually I mean!) and it works well for me. It really is a great job there guys are doing putting these ROM together and making it available for free.

Having said that, I never used any other ROM before so I can't really compare...

So no more JJ then? :)

Do you know what's the most recent and stable ROM at the moment?

Guest targetbsp
Do you know what's the most recent and stable ROM at the moment?

FLB is pretty much the only one that still seems to be under development and so is the most recent. It's very popular and seems stable enough to me!

Guest TouchyAndalou
install with clockwork the same way you unstalled jj9

Can somebody please confirm whether I need to clear the cache again before installing an add-on to this mod? Thanks in advance, and yes, I am a complete newb.

Guest taannuk
Can somebody please confirm whether I need to clear the cache again before installing an add-on to this mod? Thanks in advance, and yes, I am a complete newb.

I did not do it.

Guest Super Ted
FLB is pretty much the only one that still seems to be under development and so is the most recent. It's very popular and seems stable enough to me!

The only one?! Damn. I got this phone thinking it'd be fairly popular being a ridiculously good spec for the money, and the raving reviews. Sad to see its already being abandoned. I'd hate to have to go back to the stock Orange POS ROM just to ensure Wifi doesn't keep messing up...(thats assuming it worked with that ROM, I uninstalled it straight away)

Guest targetbsp
The only one?! Damn. I got this phone thinking it'd be fairly popular being a ridiculously good spec for the money, and the raving reviews. Sad to see its already being abandoned. I'd hate to have to go back to the stock Orange POS ROM just to ensure Wifi doesn't keep messing up...(thats assuming it worked with that ROM, I uninstalled it straight away)

I think you misunderstood me. It's not abandoned lol. Hang around this forum for a bit to see how wrong a statement that is. :(

Focus around here is mostly on Gingerbread but it's a bit of a WiP so maybe not fit your stable requirement. All the froyos around here are stable and as you asked for the most recent I suggested the one still being developed - and hence, by definition, the most recent. :(

Hi,

just instaled JJ RLS9 (did all the wipes), no errors during the install, but I cannot download anything from the Android Market. :( The Download never starts ...

What do I do now? :(

Thanks

Hi,

just instaled JJ RLS9 (did all the wipes), no errors during the install, but I cannot download anything from the Android Market. :( The Download never starts ...

What do I do now? :(

Thanks

may look stupid but:

are you signed in for google (with you google account)

is wifi or data on

Guest jesuita

Ok.

Now the weirdest thing: just reinstalled the rom after trying another one and even after wiping cache etc all the applications i had before are there!! Whats up with this? O.O

Guest targetbsp
Quick question - is it possible to install this rom with the newest clockwork mod?

I'm think you can the rom - but not the addons.

Guest Pierreism

Can anyone with experience with FLB r10 and JJ9 tell me what the difference is, if any?

Is FLB faster? smoother? I'm not sure if I should bother making the jump to the only other still-updated ROM or just wait for Cyanogen to make a stable release.

may look stupid but:

are you signed in for google (with you google account)

is wifi or data on

Thanks but I'm signed on a google account and with wifi on. If I was not I could not even open/browse android market.

Any other thoughts?

Guest sihumphries
Ok.

Now the weirdest thing: just reinstalled the rom after trying another one and even after wiping cache etc all the applications i had before are there!! Whats up with this? O.O

I'm getting the same when installing FLB r10b... But I don't want this to happen, I want a fresh install of the ROM and will install my apps after...