[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest PeaNut_HU
I see. It's a bit strange since e.g. Finnish Fillyjonk was completely hungarian,

and there's no major change in the used language.

Yes, but think about the region it is made for. Finnish version more likely contains european language support (English, Hungarian etc.) than a rom which came from Japan :(

Also Asian language devices Korean, Japanese, Chinese have language files that are far more complicated and also consume more space in ROM than languages with latin charsets (but thats just my observation).

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest StevenHarperUK
"The USIM is unusable in this terminal." Oh well, might as well wait for a bit mature release. Thanks anyway.

Your phone need unlocking - use the generator

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-and-zte-blade/

Also that exact error is in the Known Issues on the first post

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest jpdribbler
Thats a Known Issue - See the first post

Is it faster than the finnish fillyjonk overclocked, how smooth is angry birds in high levels? Im not able to test anymore, my girlfriend wont let me use my blade anymore... :-D

Guest PeaNut_HU
Could you add the HTC keyboard into to the upcoming 2.2 please.

Add the HTC_IME.apk file to the Zip file's /system/app directory and it will be installed when you flash the ROM, it's easy.

Guest UbaRolfey
Could you add the HTC keyboard into to the upcoming 2.2 please.

Ok, just downloading this lovely bit of work right now, I intend to bench both quadrant and then the big one is the animated weather app, this is a son of a bitch to run smoothly, lets see if it handles this any better.

Also, I have noticed that with the current r3 rom, the magnifying glass unlocker is quite clunky, but by changing the memory heap size to 48 it literally doubles the speed making it almost smooth.

Mike

Thanks but I'd like to know why the app is gone. Shouldn't the backup be 100%?

The Google Maps apk won't install. The phone asks should the previous be replaced - yes - and it says the app can't be installed. Sorry about this...

Edited by klx

Guest PeaNut_HU
Thanks but I'd like to know why the app is gone. Shoudn't the backup be 100%?

I always do a fresh install, so it did not happen to me. I had problems with titanium backup always after going to a newer/other firmware, so i really don't know about a safe backup solution.

I use astro file manager to backup the programs to APK form on the SD card for reinstalling but that does not save any settings, but again don't have to download programs from market when changing firmwares.

Guest dadashi
I used clockwork Recovery to make backup/recovery.

he means backing up the apps from previous rom into the new (froyo) rom...

for example with Titanium...

Edited by dadashi

"Backup/recovery" I ment backup/restore naturally. And I got this the maps working again applying the Fillyjonk brut maps zip. Thanks for your quick help. The Maps app failing might be due to the use of sd card as maps tile cache. And it seems that the Clockwork backup isn't 100%.

Edited by klx

Guest PeaNut_HU
guys this might seem like a dumb question but im really confused as to why we dont have a stable 2.2 now what with wellbeing uploading the dump of his rom?

All current new releases by Kalt_kaffe (Japanese Jellyfish) and Sebastian404 (de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]) are based upon this rom uploaded by Wellbeing, but using the older kernel of Paul's Froyo ROM at the moment, because there are still problems getting the dumped new kernel to work, but the devs should know better.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest dadashi
guys this might seem like a dumb question but im really confused as to why we dont have a stable 2.2 now what with wellbeing uploading the dump of his rom?

we still don't have a proper "kernel" for the SF, needed to finish any rom for our SFs...ZTE have been draging their feet on this for months...

Edited by dadashi