[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest KasioPC
thanks but i currently only have a linux machine by me & and every archive manager on linux ive tried compresses the data,

could you not fix the APN issue for R4?

This problem has nothing to do with the APN name settings. It is stored in /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so. I have edited it using a hex editor, changing Telefonica O2 UK Limited to giffgaff.

One thing you need to make sure it to keep the file size the same. I just wrote over the remaining space with 0 bits.]

EDIT: Attached my libril-qc-1.so file. Just "adb push libril-qc-1.so /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so" onto your phone and reboot.

EDIT 2: Tested and working on Jap jellyfish RSL3. It's not really a fix, only a workaround for those on giffgaff. It will display "giffgaff" for any network on O2

libril_qc_1.zip

Edited by KasioPC

Do you use apktool?

If you are, then to this:

- Unpack both framework-res.apk into the same folder, rename "mine" to framework-res-jj.apk

- Disassemble both frameworks:

apktool d framework-res.apk

apktool d framework-res-jj.apk

- Copy framework-res-jj\res\values\arrays.xml to framework-res\res\values\arrays.xml

- Recompile "your" framework-res:

apktool b framework-res

- Open your original framework-res.apk with WinRAR.

- Copy framework-res\build\apk\resources.rsc to your original framework-res.apk, choose "Store" and verify that size and compressed size is the same when you are done.

- Done. No need to resign anything.

On an individual basis, is this something that could be accomplished by pulling the offending file, making the edits and pushing it back across? I have a gift phone leaving the house tomorrow and I'd like to install RLS3 + Theme and retain the functionalitly.

installed this rom buh im finding that the battery drains fast. everytime i lock the phone even after 20mins i can reactivate the screen using the home key, does that mean the phones not going to sleep properly?

I'm having this problem too.

Sometimes it sleeps ok and I need to press power to wake it and others I can wake it with the front buttons.

Guest Frankish

Would anyone mind if i uploaded a few themes. They are untested but based on RLS3 framework and done from scratch so should be fine. They are only currently...

Stock theme. (No circle battery)

Gingerbread with battery percent.

Gingerbread with no battery percent.

Gingerbread circle battery mod.

Gingerbread thing circle battery mod.

That's all i have so far. Check my theme thread for the links.

I ask for no donations. Just for your patience and support guys!

Guest MopedDriver

Hmm, for me rls3 brings many errors of apps. I did a full wipe. I reinsatlled all with Titanium Backup but many, like Mail, Astro are closing with an error messages. Overall i have the feeling the touchscreen response isn't as quick as with rls2. I wiped and reinstalled twice, but still the same problems

Hi, this ROM is really great!

I'm only having one annoying problem: the system doesn't recognise media files correctly:

• Gallery app is only showing pictures taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other JPEG's I have under /sdcard/Pictures/<dir>
  • Music app is not showing any of my MP3 under /sdcard/Music/<album name>
  • Videos app is only showing videos taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other MPEG's or AVI's I have under /sdcard/Video/<dir>

Note:

• I've wiped all the partitions before flashing
    • This problem happens with Jellyfish RLS2 and RLS3
    • This problem does NOT happened in any other ROM (and I already tried more than 10!)
    • I've deleted all folders/hidden files from the sdcard belonging to previous installations

Did anyone had the same problem? How did you fixed it?

Thanks in advance!

..oh.. and Happy New Year!

Lite (diy) version: Just use a zip program to remove unwanted apps from /system/app before installing.

Question, where are downloaded apps stored?

it's as if they aren't in the same directory.

Hi, this ROM is really great!

I'm only having one annoying problem: the system doesn't recognise media files correctly:

• Gallery app is only showing pictures taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other JPEG's I have under /sdcard/Pictures/<dir>
  • Music app is not showing any of my MP3 under /sdcard/Music/<album name>
  • Videos app is only showing videos taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other MPEG's or AVI's I have under /sdcard/Video/<dir>

• I've wiped all the partitions before flashing
    • This problem happens with Jellyfish RLS2 and RLS3
    • This problem does NOT happened in any other ROM (and I already tried more than 10!)
    • I've deleted all folders/hidden files from the sdcard belonging to previous installations

Did anyone had the same problem? How did you fixed it?

Thanks in advance!

..oh.. and Happy New Year!

What file system should I use in my sdcard? And why?

I'm using a 8GB FAT32 btw...

Guest Rotmann

For all people encountering problems with this release, you can also try Sebastian404's Froyo, it seems to be very clean, fast and stable, not so many problems reported so far and with HW_UI and Stagefright enabled you get around 1000 Points in quadrant, no battery eating OC needed.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest NightSt@lk3r
For all people encountering problems with this release, you can also try Sebastian404's Froyo, it seems to be very clean, fast and stable, not so many problems reported so far and with HW_UI and Stagefright enabled you get around 1000 Points in quadrant, no battery eating OC needed.

Except the OC doesn't eat battery, and the Oc isn't even needed to get 1000 points in the useless benchmark known as Quadrant.

Guest Frankish

All my themes are now updated to support RLS3. Please let me know in the theme thread if there are any issues. I'm off to get "slightly" drunk now. The wife is giving me earache! :(

Guest super san francisco

i've got the problem, that the browser opens, almost loads google.com and then crashes to desktop without any FC or some info screen. just goes... ironically, when i open some information within some app, it sends me to the right page without flaws...

happened to me on Seb's Froyo too...

Edited by super san francisco

Guest Buchtis

Quadrant score of 897. Installed the Lite version and the overclock thing but i'm not getting over a 1,000 score, have I done something wrong here and would anyone be able to help me out?

Installed as normal (Lite), rebooted and quickly set the phone up and then turned off. Turned on again into Clockwork and installed the overclocking thing and rebooted again.