[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

I think I'm getting around the same mileage as from the stock ROM, deleted a number of applications I'm not sure what is eating your battery.

Guest Hopelessness

Also, with both the stock kernel and the AHB overclocked kernel, I can't overclock the CPU in SetCPU, CPU Tuner or Overclock Widget. The max frequency is locked to 600MHz on all 3.

Guest Simon O
Also, with both the stock kernel and the AHB overclocked kernel, I can't overclock the CPU in SetCPU, CPU Tuner or Overclock Widget. The max frequency is locked to 600MHz on all 3.

The CPU isn't overclocked, only the AHB bus. So it will remain at 600MHz max.

Guest Simon O
Right, so is there no way of overclocking the CPU with this ROM at present?

Not until ZTE release the source for the froyo kernel. Then the fun starts.

Guest positiveh

I'm seriously thinking about installing this ROM and removing Paul's r3.

Do you think it will run smoother than Paul's? Will it drain excessive battery power even without overclocking the AHB? :unsure:

Guest Rotmann
Except the OC doesn't eat battery, and the Oc isn't even needed to get 1000 points in the useless benchmark known as Quadrant.

Oh really? Why are so many people complaining about it? Look what Flibblesan thinks about it!

Most likely caused by the overclocked bus.

I'm seriously thinking about installing this ROM and removing Paul's r3.

Do you think it will run smoother than Paul's? Will it drain excessive battery power even without overclocking the AHB? :unsure:

Based on the complaints with the battery life, if this is important to you then install Sebastian404's Froyo, it is faster that Paul's and no one complained about battery usage. If your priorities are only based on performance (in Quadrant as an example) than this ROM with overclocking is better for you.

Edited by Rotmann

Rather then having to wipe and install RLS3b, can someone provide instructions how to resolve the issues via adb or via root explorer:

Don't know what happend :unsure: , but I had RL2, backuped all with Titatinium and installed RL3b withot wiping. It' s said "updating" and looks like only system was updated acoording to Recivery log.

Then I rebooted and Viola, all my apps in phone and SD was in there places and Homescreen was the same. I got installed all updated apps an settings.apk plus two radio app and USB Tethering REALY started to work. All I had to do just unistall those deafult apps that I don't need. Didn't chek if 'libs' files deleted.

P.S. Thanks kallt_kaffe for nice ROM. I tried both Sebustian and Pauls last ROMs and think yours is the best for a moment.

Guest extremedigital

Installed this on my phone (wife's is still on alpha3)

Wow mucho faster.....very nice rom thank you...in all honesty it's a little bloated with a few apps i wouldn't use, also its missing a couple that Paul had eg the Music Widget .... No Biggie i can re install...

The only major pain factor is firstly i stupidly didn't backup my contacts...yikes !! i gotta reload all contacts again, and secondly you have to spend a load of time setting up the phone from scratch...

But all in all worth the pain...

Thanks....

Ps really noticed that the fonts were not as pin sharp until installed Frankish gingerbread theme..in fact its the first time i would say that the lcd looked far superior to the oled....once theme installed the fonts are pin sharp once again...

Edited by extremedigital

Based on the complaints with the battery life

I don't found any issues (I didn't istalled overclock) and don't believe much in this comlaints. I think battery recallibration should be done 1st and people should give ROM more days to check and compare with other ROM to make any common conclussion about battery perfomance.

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Oh really? Why are so many people complaining about it? Look what Flibblesan thinks about it!

Based on the complaints with the battery life, if this is important to you then install Sebastian404's Froyo, it is faster that Paul's and no one complained about battery usage. If your priorities are only based on performance (in Quadrant as an example) than this ROM with overclocking is better for you.

32 hours since last charge my battery is sitting at 78% full that is with RLS3 + AHB OC addon.

Guest Rotmann
32 hours since last charge my battery is sitting at 78% full that is with RLS3 + AHB OC addon.

Only if you left your SanFran without touching it and with 3G / Auto-Sync disabled... but what's the point of having a smartphone with all the goodies disabled? :unsure:

Edited by Rotmann

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Only if you left your SanFran without touching it and with 3G / Auto-Sync disabled... but what's the point of having a smartphone with all the goodies disabled? :unsure:

Where is the point in having 3G on in an area that isn't covered by 3G B)

And it hasnt been sat unused, its had a good hour of gaming, and wifi action aswell as about 20 text messages sent :angry:

What battery drain issues? 25 hours after last charge still 78% left.

Something doesn't seem right there.

Guest Rotmann
Where is the point in having 3G on in an area that isn't covered by 3G :unsure:

And it hasnt been sat unused, its had a good hour of gaming, and wifi action aswell as about 20 text messages sent :angry:

I think Ibcus cleared the problem for us B) No really, no smartphone user specifically sanfran user would believe that.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest -= 71baker =-
Most likely caused by the overclocked bus.

No i am running overclocked bus and am now sitting at 24h 52 min and battery is at 84%, granted i have not used the phone very much , but Wifi is running , i have texted a couple of times and fiddled a bit with my icons.

I would say it is something else in RLS3 , cause i am on RLS2(lite) (if nothing else has been changes with the overclocking)

Edit: Since there seems to be trust issues i took a screenshot. I have not been gaming and stuff but wifi running and i have texted a bit.

4ddb78ad200f62aa4f45fc06b764d9695fb4ad22cb4b894c08276e3d5ae5414d6g.jpg

Edited by -= 71baker =-

Guest PeaNut_HU
No i am running overclocked bus and am now sitting at 24h 52 min and battery is at 84%, granted i have not used the phone very much , but Wifi is running , i have texted a couple of times and fiddled a bit with my icons.

I would say it is something else in RLS3 , cause i am on RLS2(lite) (if nothing else has been changes with the overclocking)

I can verify too that battery usage is very low on RLS2-lite, have note tried RLS3 but going to try

If someone wants to compare RLS2 to RLS3, they are still available on my own mirror: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/ROMs/kalt_kaffee

Edited by PeaNut_HU