[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest voradorpt

Yep, everything seems to be working with this new kernel. I'll keep testing and try the OC later.

Edited by voradorpt

Guest nagygergo
Works for me, got 606 in Quadrant at 729.6MHz.

Works with the newer overclockable kernel. But it didn't work with your first uploaded version.

In the midst of all the fuss about the new kernel, I am going to ask a ridiculous question:

Can we fix the awful 'Turn to silence' translation easily? :unsure:

Guest Autarch
(and support for pptp vpn would be great too)

Seconded! For some reason the VPN settings menu seems to be missing altogether in JJ and Sebs build? I'm still new to Android (but not to Linux) so haven't worked out why yet. I've a colleague with a Nexus running 2.2 who has got pptp vpn working.

Guest IronDoc
In the midst of all the fuss about the new kernel, I am going to ask a ridiculous question:

Can we fix the awful 'Turn to silence' translation easily? :unsure:

I believe you mean 'turn to forbid phone ring' B)

Does it really bother you that much?

I believe you mean 'turn to forbid phone ring' :unsure:

Does it really bother you that much?

Not at all, I just think if its an easy fix it may as well be done haha. Though, it is an epic piece of translation.

Guest Blues003

I will make this post organized and systemized, so others can clear their doubts regarding this subject as well. I ask that the answer to this post is clear and structured too, so repetition isn't a reality on this topic:

1. I have the old-kernell Japanese Jellyfish RLS4, with the overclocked Bus.

2. In order to isntall the new Kernell one, I just have to boot into Clockworkmod and apply the corresponding zip on top?

3. In order to overclock the CPU and Bus, I just have to boot into Clockworkmod and apply both zips? Is there any conflict with the fact my current ROM is Bus-overclocked?

Guest dmxpowa
It would have been nice if the new kernel fixed the sleeping problem, but it looks like It's still there :unsure:

what sleeping problem. there are/was no sleeping problems, unless you have some retarded crap app that prevents your phone to go into sleep mode. (AND THATS NOT THE KERNELS FAULT.)

Guest nunoar

All fine with new kernel so far. Leds are okay, wifi seems to be fixed. Just wish the notification leds would keep flashing instead of only flashing for a few secs.

Guest nedian05
how do you add the new kernel to the Japanese Jellyfish RLS4 rom

I am also unable to install the new kernel. I can not find the new kernal in clockowrkmod.

Guest IronDoc
I will make this post organized and systemized, so others can clear their doubts regarding this subject as well. I ask that the answer to this post is clear and structured too, so repetition isn't a reality on this topic:

1. I have the old-kernell Japanese Jellyfish RLS4, with the overclocked Bus.

2. In order to isntall the new Kernell one, I just have to boot into Clockworkmod and apply the corresponding zip on top?

3. In order to overclock the CPU and Bus, I just have to boot into Clockworkmod and apply both zips? Is there any conflict with the fact my current ROM is Bus-overclocked?

All that is different between the old AHB OC, the new AHB OC and the new OC is the boot.img. This gets rewritten so you can't have a 'conflict'. If you want the new kernal with AHB OC you need only apply that one. You'd just overwrite the 1st if you applied 2.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest jurrasstoil
I am also unable to install the new kernel. I can not find the new kernal in clockowrkmod.

Is it possible that you moved the File Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernels.rar to your SD?

it contains 2 different kernels.zip. unpack the .rar and move the kernel you want (ie. w/ or w/o ahb overclocking) to your SD

Guest jurrasstoil

@kallt_kaffe

is the kernel w/o ahb overclocking like the one from FF RLS4 ie. does the AHB get overclocked once the CPU clock is set higher than 600mhz?

Guest xytraz

Tack som fan, kallt_kaffe! Har själv en Base Lutea eftersom jag bor Tyskland, var svettigt att inte veta om 5MP kameran nagonsin skulle funka med froyo, särskillt som jag aven skaffat en till frugan. Tusen tack!

Edited by xytraz

Guest Blues003
All that is different between the old AHB OC, the new AHB OC and the new OC is the boot.img. This gets rewritten so you can't have a 'conflict'. If you want the new kernal with AHB OC you need only apply that one. You'd just overwrite the 1st if you applied 2.

Wait, so it isn't possible to have an overclocked AHB and an overclocked CPU at the same time?

Guest Arr Too
The new kernal seems to have broken the ZTE dialler codes, or didn't they work in JJ anyway?

You need to enable the Engineering Mode on the ROMs based on the Japanese kernel. Dial *ZTE*OPENEM# first.