[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Its seems like automatic brightness doesn't work when you first boot or reboot the phone, after using the phone for a while then it works. Also I assume the normal cpu overclock version also overclocks the ahb when its over 600mhz?

Edited by ko0l

Guest NightSt@lk3r

I agree, instead of releasing the new kernel as a separate package, it would be a good idea to package it into the rom and move it up to RLS5.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Great work

However is a new Kernel a great reason to +1 to the RLS

I believe this should be RLS5

Otherwise were going to have a LOT of confused people.

Steven

Hold that thought - just realised its an Add-on ATM

Noobie question alert, just had something come to mind.

The A2SD on this rom using an EXT partition, does that override the built in A2FAT that is part of Froyo natively? And the Move 2 SD option I'm assuming will move the app to FAT?

And do I have to use a seperate program to move the apps to the EXT partition, as it seems most things are still stored on the Data partition?

Guest jurrasstoil
i must be blind... but how to install the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_overclockable.zip file ?

just like the rom via clockwork

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Afrodude
Noobie question alert, just had something come to mind.

The A2SD on this rom using an EXT partition, does that override the built in A2FAT that is part of Froyo natively? And the Move 2 SD option I'm assuming will move the app to FAT?

And do I have to use a seperate program to move the apps to the EXT partition, as it seems most things are still stored on the Data partition?

The ROM contains both "A2EXT" (aka A2SD) and "A2FAT".

A2SD "moves" all apps to your EXT* partition on your SD card. Some files (i.e. Dalvik Cache) are stored on data partition. Which is why it seems to be shrinking. Install Quick System Info and you should be a A2SD partition with its actual usage.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest JMRoque

Hi.

I'm using this new kernel with RLS4 lite and all is running fine. Tested the OC and mine goes to 672MHz and more than that reboots the phone, but this was just for testing as this rom is very fast and smooth at the normal 600MHz rate of the processor.

Thanks kallk_kaffe for this great ROM.

Mike

Brightness works ok on mine using the overclockable kernel, however Vibrate doesn't, when I turn the ringer volume down it now shows the vibrate icon but doesn't vibrate and nor does it vibrate when I ring it. Oddly, there is no step below the vibrate icon, it used to have an extra step of silence.

Anyone else finding vibrate doesn't work?

Guest jurrasstoil
Brightness works ok on mine using the overclockable kernel, however Vibrate doesn't, when I turn the ringer volume down it now shows the vibrate icon but doesn't vibrate and nor does it vibrate when I ring it. Oddly, there is no step below the vibrate icon, it used to have an extra step of silence.

Anyone else finding vibrate doesn't work?

just tested. works for me, but there is no "completely silent" mode after vibration anymore.

Guest targetbsp

Glad to see the reports of no more lockscreen freezing from people that had previously had freezes. That's what I was waiting for. :unsure:

Guest Swimmerboy
Hi.

I'm using this new kernel with RLS4 lite and all is running fine. Tested the OC and mine goes to 672MHz and more than that reboots the phone, but this was just for testing as this rom is very fast and smooth at the normal 600MHz rate of the processor.

Thanks kallk_kaffe for this great ROM.

Mike

Tested it too - got to 748Mhz with Quadrant scores of around 600 and Linpack of 8.9. Unfortunately it's not very stable and reboots every 5 minutes of active use or so. 729Mhz seems to be rock solid for the last couple of hours - but if I'm out and about I'll probably just use the 600Mhz setting (or lower?) to help with battery life.

Guest JBSCARFACE
Err 2.6.32 is the new kernel, 2.6.29 was the old one.

I flashed new kernel leds is working but about menu showing old kernel i flashed 5times with no changes..

The ROM contains both "A2EXT" (aka A2SD) and "A2FAT".

A2SD "moves" all apps to your EXT* partition on your SD card. Some files (i.e. Dalvik Cache) are stored on data partition. Which is why it seems to be shrinking. Install Quick System Info and you should be a A2SD partition with its actual usage.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the concept of it all, but Quick System Info seemed to show the same free space for A2SD no matter how many apps were installed, which is making me think that either A2SD isn't working at all, or it's putting them into .android_secure folder instead.

I think I'll repartition and remove my EXT partition anyway as I don't seem to install many apps anyway these days and I don't mind them being moved using A2FAT anyway.

just tested. works for me, but there is no "completely silent" mode after vibration anymore.

There was never a silent mode when holding the volume down button in 2.2. Its better this way, I prefer the vibrate setting when holding the vol down key.

Guest Arr Too

Isn't there Vibrate options in the settings, which may mean you have just chosen the option to have Vibrate on only when silent? (So no real silent mode.) Just choose a different option?

Isn't there Vibrate options in the settings, which may mean you have just chosen the option to have Vibrate on only when silent? (So no real silent mode.) Just choose a different option?

had it in vibrate when in silent mode, apparently vibrate mode isn't silent so it doesn't vibrate!

Doesn't seem to be VPN options visible but can be loaded through VPN Show on the market.

Edited by rjm2k

Guest paddymcn
Moved from RLS3b to RLS4 on a clean install and then to the new Kernel.

No Problems so far.....all running smooth....awesome!!! :unsure:

Hi, I'm still on RLS3b and very happy with it. Do you see much benefit on your instal other than being bang up-to-date and in love B)

I was just going to hang about and wait for RLS5 rather than flash again. I've flashed that often i expect to be on the sex offenders register sometime soon...

Worth it or not?

Guest gusthy
Hi, I'm still on RLS3b and very happy with it. Do you see much benefit on your instal other than being bang up-to-date and in love :unsure:

I was just going to hang about and wait for RLS5 rather than flash again. I've flashed that often i expect to be on the sex offenders register sometime soon...

Worth it or not?

Look at changelog, if you find something interesting for you, then yes.

Personally I am on 3b, manually disabled stagefreight, updated kernel with r4 new_kernel, and I am happy with it. I don't see any reasons to upgrade, since I don't use google search, don't want swap, etc.