[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dadashi
I second this, my phone was a disaster area after restoring system data from 2.1 - even though I only did the supposedly safe green ones. I had to wipe the data area again and only restored the userapps and data and it was perfect.

It took over an hour to do my titanium backup last night, and I had to continualy choose to install all my 15o apss!!! Is there a way to do a Titanium batch backup automaticaly without having to press the install and done button for every individual app...?

It took over an hour to do my titanium backup last night, and I had to continualy choose to install all my 15o apss!!! Is there a way to do a Titanium batch backup automaticaly without having to press the install and done button for every individual app...?

Yes.. Just press Menu/Options and then Batch and you will be presented with several different types of batch run for backups and restores.

You can first apply a filter in order to reduce the scope of the batch run.

Edited by tdodd

Guest dadashi
Yes.. Just press Menu/Options and then Batch and you will be presented with several different types of batch run for backups and restores.

You can first apply a filter in order to reduce the scope of the batch run.

it still asks to install for each individual app...so I have to keep pressing install for 150 apps

Guest blackanchorage

Lots of complaints recently, but I upgraded from RLS3b to RLS5, and it is working perfectly for me. :D No problems with GPS, no freezes (it hasn't been very long admittedly). Thanks again to kallt_kaffe.

My battery was flat this morning because WIFI was set to never sleep (seems to default to this). Press Menu from desktop, Wireless & networks, Wi-Fi settings, press Menu, Advanced, Wi-Fi sleep policy drop-down menu; choose an option other than never.

The Overclock only enables the ability to overclock it doesn't overclock it automatically for you, you have to overclock it manually with SetCPU.

I think this is wrong - the overclock is for the bus speed. SetCPU is for the processor, and can be applied without the bus overclock.

How can i install gmail app in RLS5 ?

I cant find it in market

I also struggled, searching for "google mail" or "mail" - but I found it searching for "gmail". (Or maybe it comes and goes.)

Regards

it still asks to install for each individual app...so I have to keep pressing install for 150 apps

Sorry, you said your BACKUP took over an hour to do.

I've not personally tried to do a batch restore (install) of apps from a backup - just one or two apps individually, so I don't know how a full Titanium restore behaves.

Guest godsakes

just installed this last night and overclocked to 710mhz - using the latest version of rockplayer it seems divx is usable now (sync can be a bit off though)

battery drain is definately faster though

i also have a strange bug where the youtube app (2.1.?) won't load in browsers (videos load ok just using the app direct)

Guest Arr Too
Is there a way to do a Titanium batch backup automaticaly without having to press the install and done button for every individual app...?

Yes: pay for it (it's a feature of the PRO version).

Guest Skywrit3r
My battery is going down fast, my battery usage:

- Cell Standby 47%

- Phone Idle 36%

- Display 12%

- Android system 4%

Battery usage is often useless when trying to find out what is draining the battery.

Use Spare parts and check the battery history.

First check "other usage". If "Running" is much higher than "Screen on" the phone is not sleeping.

To find out what app is keeping it awake check "Partial wake usage"

Guest NightSt@lk3r
I think this is wrong - the overclock is for the bus speed. SetCPU is for the processor, and can be applied without the bus overclock.

SetCPU can only overclock the processor if you have a kernel that allows it.

Guest NightSt@lk3r
And RLS5 does.

Yes i know, my comment still stands

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon)

AHB overclock is only in effect at speeds above 600mhz.

my reply was to someone who asked why they saw no difference in Quadrant score after flashing the AHB overclock addon, and the reason for that is that unless you manually oc the cpu with setcpu the AHB overclock will not be in effect.

Guest IronDoc
Am I blind? Stupid? What am I missing?

Most people notice a big difference in the general speed of the device between froyo and eclair. There are also various minor improvements with how the OS does stuff (eg tethering, tts). If you don't notice fair enough but I think most here would agree with me in saying I couldn't go back to 2.1.

Guest Fred Perry

Everything working smooth for me by now, just the green led thing when charging...

My blade constantly lose signal for service, where friends nokia has full signal, my has none. Is this rom related problem?

That was happening to me with stock 2.1 rom, very annoying btw! Now the problem seems to be gone with this rom, but it's to soon to check as it is a very fresh install.

Guest blackanchorage
Yes i know, my comment still stands

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon)

AHB overclock is only in effect at speeds above 600mhz.

my reply was to someone who asked why they saw no difference in Quadrant score after flashing the AHB overclock addon, and the reason for that is that unless you manually oc the cpu with setcpu the AHB overclock will not be in effect.

OK, now I understand. I had installed the AHB overclock, but I hadn't intended to overclock the cpu - clearly I need to at least go a bit over 600.

Thanks

Edited by blackanchorage

Guest Fobby Kid

same problem here. it takes minutes to get a location fix

seems AGPS is not working well

more probs:

-- GPS can't get a fix under an open sky after 10 minutes!! Turned it off, what's the point...

-- the compass is way off, shows south as east and west as south!!