[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Okay, upgraded just one thing this version is quite fast, however my battery dies too fast why I don't get it?

Its just going -1 for every second minute ?

Could anyone tell me why?

Guest tarpoon

Hey.everybody,

I am using the r5 version of this rom and like it very much. However I noticed a large decrease in Battery Lifetime. In the last 25 minutes it dropped from 50 to 30% with me only surfing the forums here and trying GPS. I'm on umts but this still seems to be a little extreme.

Guest evilfury
Everything working smooth for me by now, just the green led thing when charging...

That was happening to me with stock 2.1 rom, very annoying btw! Now the problem seems to be gone with this rom, but it's to soon to check as it is a very fresh install.

Its strange because phone lose signal than never find it back. I tried everything reboot, shutdown and phone just cant find service.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey.everybody,

I am using the r5 version of this rom and like it very much. However I noticed a large decrease in Battery Lifetime. In the last 25 minutes it dropped from 50 to 30% with me only surfing the forums here and trying GPS. I'm on umts but this still seems to be a little extreme.

First of all battery calibration can be a bit off after a fresh install so values can be a bit strange but I also suspect that having hardware accellerated GUI enabled eats some battery. Will propably have it turned of by default in the next version (with an addon to turn it on).

Guest dadashi

This was my battery usage with the JellyFish RLS5

- Cell Standby 47%

- Phone Idle 36%

- Display 12%

- Android system 4%

This it with FLBs R6

- Android system 97%

- Youtube 3%

Not sure what this means, CellStandby and Phone Idle are munching the battery in the JellyFish...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest NightSt@lk3r
First of all battery calibration can be a bit off after a fresh install so values can be a bit strange but I also suspect that having hardware accellerated GUI enabled eats some battery. Will propably have it turned of by default in the next version (with an addon to turn it on).

It's the mobile data and wifi connections that eat the battery for me, with them off the phone can go for 3 or 4 days on a single charge, turn either of them on and it's dropping 1% every few minutes.

Guest pillowfighter

I'm running RLS4 with new kernel and abh oc on Saunalahti Blade. Compared to stock rom advantages are smoother video playing, overclocking and vga-video recording.

But I have some issues with this rom, compass doesn't work (I dont know if its because I left my phone on big speaker?), gps works only outdoor, not even in car :/,

battery goes empty even faster than before, and finnish language setting doesn't work correctly (almost everything is in english).

Also speed test results went down both 3g and wlan, before here in my room wlan gave me the full 7mbs before (isnt that the max this phone is capable), now only 3mbs?

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
It's the mobile data and wifi connections that eat the battery for me, with them off the phone can go for 3 or 4 days on a single charge, turn either of them on and it's dropping 1% every few minutes.

Again, I think it's down to calibration. I had over 3 days with mobile data (3G+)switched on the whole time.

That was on RLS3b. After I flashed RLS5, battery went down from 95% to 44% in no time, then after a restart it went to 50% without charging... and since then it's stayed at 50% for over an hour, 3G+ enabled and syncing...

Guest gusthy
Again, I think it's down to calibration. I had over 3 days with mobile data (3G+)switched on the whole time.

That was on RLS3b. After I flashed RLS5, battery went down from 95% to 44% in no time, then after a restart it went to 50% without charging... and since then it's stayed at 50% for over an hour, 3G+ enabled and syncing...

Your username is like a Unix chmod parameter :D

Guest tarpoon

I believe I can confirm this. I turned only 2G on and battery seems to drop somewhat slower. Also at home it takes the phone forever to charge with wifi enabled.

Two more things I noticed:

- typing in the forum takes forever as there is a large delay, over 5 seconds, between pressing key and it appearing in the browser text box. Typing in normal android native text fields works really good, so this might be a browser issue?

- the screen doesn't seem to turn off automatically when it is lockedlocked

-edit-

Took me 20 minutes to type this so the message I replied to is a bit further up

Edited by tarpoon

Guest ZTE Blade_

well, just to inform you about the leds

- below 5% battery, led flashes red

- connecting to charger, led stays green

- when fully charged, led goes off

- missed call/sms/email, led lights green until you unlock the device

hope that helps

Decided to give R5 a try (coming from french fries r5).

It seems to work quite well. Time will tell if the random shutdowns that I had with FF are gone (I suspect wheresmydroid as cause, but not fully sure).

Only thing that I noticed was that I seem to have lost the capability to set a wallpaper from my picasa pictures (I get the pic, but not the rectangle to select it).

Setting a wallpaper from a pic I made with the cam does work.

Picasa pics also loose quality quite quick when zoomed in.

Neverthelesss, all in all a very impressive piece of work.

kallt_kaffe, Respect!

Guest archat68
well, just to inform you about the leds

- missed call/sms/email, led lights green until you unlock the device

hope that helps

This is not in my case with the RLS5 :D .

Guest pellen
Battery usage is often useless when trying to find out what is draining the battery.

Use Spare parts and check the battery history.

First check "other usage". If "Running" is much higher than "Screen on" the phone is not sleeping.

To find out what app is keeping it awake check "Partial wake usage"

Thanks! :D

Under "Other usage" "Running" is as high as 52% ("Screen on" is 3%)

and under "Partial wake usage" its clear that the dialer is the reason. Now I wonder why :P

Edited by pellen

Guest kallt_kaffe
AGPS doesn't work in my RLS5 overclocked too. Everything else seems to work brilliantly!

Do the GPS work OK if you disable AGPS? The AGPS option was disabled originally in the Japanese ROM but I reenabled it. Perhaps it was disabled for a good reason (although it seems to work for me)?

Guest Skywrit3r
Thanks! :D

Under "Other usage" "Running" is as high as 52% ("Screen on" is 3%)

and under "Partial wake usage" its clear that the dialer is the reason. Now I wonder why B)

I use Dialer one. No problems with it :P

Guest lixcab
Do the GPS work OK if you disable AGPS? The AGPS option was disabled originally in the Japanese ROM but I reenabled it. Perhaps it was disabled for a good reason (although it seems to work for me)?

Sorry Kallt_kaffe. It seems to work OK again now. I don't know if this could be a network issue instead of ROM issue. I wouldn't work when I was in Oxford Street (absolutely heaving with people and Orange is a hit and miss to use in that area) but works OK when I'm slightly out of the "congested" area.

Thanks, ROM's brilliant!

Guest AlphaVision

This option is grayed for me. And it is disabled. Maybe enabling it will fix it but i cannot do it. Is there another way to enable it?

Guest Anjan Tek

Confirming that the Total Phone Transfer (TPT) method for restoring the image works on the Dell XCD35.

I am coming from MCR Froyo Alpha 3. I haven't had the JJ5 ROM long enough to comment on the high battery usage that others are complaining about.

One thing I have noticed so far is that the scrolling motion and some effects sometimes get a little jerky. This leads me to believe that the graphics performance is not optimal.

Will use the ROM for a while and see if the jerkiness and lag gets very annoying.

The MCR a3 was not slow for me. I expected JJ5 to be at least as lag-free as the MCR. I am surprised to be experiencing the lag.

I have absolutely no user apps installed.