[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dmxpowa
This option is grayed for me. And it is disabled. Maybe enabling it will fix it but i cannot do it. Is there another way to enable it?

enable GPS first then you can enable or disable AGPS.

Guest dmxpowa
Why when I use setcpu if I select 710mhz it freezes ,

Do I have to change any settings ?

Im using this rom with overclocked kernel

your CPU simply cant operate on that clock. for example i cant go over 710 while there are people who can run this little device on 768mhz.

SO blame ZTE.

Guest dmxpowa
Guys, what about battery? I'm going to instal JJ instead of FLB.

What's score on Quadrant?

quadrant score (on 710Mhz): ~560

quadrant score (on 710Mhz with airplane mode): ~590

Guest Skywrit3r
Why when I use setcpu if I select 710mhz it freezes ,

Do I have to change any settings ?

Im using this rom with overclocked kernel

Yes you have to lower it until you find what speed is stable on your CPU

Guest Carlrg

Hi Kalt just a heads up, but i think the high battery use experienced by a number of people is due to cell standby. If i go into quick system info/battery/power useage it show cell standby at 49%. If i click into cell standby it says battery used by cell radio, switch to airplane mode to save power in areas with no cell coverage. Before i switched to airplane mode my battery went down from 100% to 84% within 40 minutes. In Airplane mode it has stayed at 84% for the last 40 minutes and cell standby has gone down to 34% useage. Is the useage linked to the signal bars either showing nothing or full signal as i always have full signal now even though i am in a weak 1-2 bar signal area. I am running RLS4 with no cpu overclock but with ahb overclock. Please do not look upon this post as a moan just a bug report which i hope can be fixed.

Thanks very much and best regards, Carl.

Edit/ Battery went down by 1% in 55 minutes in airplane mode with screen kept awake to keep an eye on battery. Pretty good methinks. Thanks, Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest athe0s

My SIM has locked a few times (once or twice a day) since upgrading to RLS5 (from RLS4, wiped cache & data and did TB restore for user apps). Everything works again when I type my PIN code. Anyone had this glitch? My phone is Saunalahti (EST, TFT) and I applied the roaming fix as well.

@Kallt - Any chance of you sorting this rom out with a stock AOSP dialer? Apparently it's that that fixes the Facebook sync problem, as it works fine on Flibble's latest rom.

Guest burstlam

I am concern with this features

"•Added swap and compcache support."

does it mean we can enable them in adb shell

and how about JIT installation? shall it be done

prior to enable swap and compcache?

can anyone instruct me the proper procedure?

Guest tarpoon
Hey guys,

will this rom work with my Base Lutea?

It has 5mp camera, 512 ram, tft display.

I have a Lutea too, works quite good for me.

(except for the problems I posted earlier)

Guest maxmix

Seems to be working OK all day today, better that the last JellyF release....

No more force closes and screen now OK when dialing etc...

I just used the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5.zip (for normal Clockwork install) etc....

BTW What do I need to use USB OTG on this Blade ? My cable should be here anytime....

Thanks

maxmix

Edited by maxmix

Guest NorthernNoel

Really pleased with this rom :D

Few points:

Struggling to get a GPS signal like others.

Vibrate on ring didn't seem to work, I got around it by installing Audiomanager and turning vibrate on and off. Not sure if it was just me.

I use Beautiful Widgets to turn off APN's/Wireless/Plane Mode etc. Plane mode doesn't turn on but turns off fine. To turn off mobile I had to remove the APNs and add a manual one for Vodafone. Problem with the preset ones are that it 'turns it off' by renaming the apn which it couldn't do. If I left them in there and added another it failed to connect.

However these are just minor niggles, overall it's great! Phone has been on since 8am and I'm on 47% battery nearly 8 hours later. That's with wireless and 3g turned off when not using but I've browsed the net on it a bit, made a couple of calls and sent a couple of texts. As long as I can get a day out of it I'm happy.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Moved from RLS1 to RLS5 and looks good so far.

GPS working fine.

Don't like the look of the circular battery thing, but at least it shows a percentage.

Boot seems to be pretty fast.

Only concerned about the battery, will see how that is.

Guest azim1234

I have just upgraded from release 1 to release 5 and although I havent tested everything yet love you work and effort you have put into this rom

After upgrading I have noticed a strange problem playing video

Youtube app works fine, as does myplayer just like in release 1

But videos in Gameloft games (hawx, gangstar 14 meg intro mp4s) after the upgrade do not, now they give the error message 'sorry this video cannot be played' and the app closes

The intro to gt racing hd (11meg mp4) works and i believe this is because it is at a lower bitrate/resolution?

Also I have encoutered this same video error message in the stumbleupon app

After having a look around I have read the mention of stagefright several times which I think you disabled in release 5? could this have anything to do with it?

do you have any suggestions? or is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks

Guest FlippyBoy

Anyone else have problems with FC´s on the SMS app? I get a FC after first reboot using any of Frankish´s themes. Tried Handcent now and it works better but it still closes sometimes. Don't know if it has to do with the ROM or the themes.

Also, the ordinary SMS app weren't able to see my saved texts but they showed up again in Handcent.

Guest Salsaholic

Works fine for me on UK AMOLD model, using TPT. 250+ MB for apps :D

One glitch: I see no network name. I am obviously logged into the GSM network, can do calls, but when I pull down the status bar, the field for the network operator name is empty. Also in the menu to choose a network... there is an empty (totally black) entry... I'm on DISCOtel in Germany, they use the T-Mobile network. HH2 used to display "DISCOtel" correctly.

Any one else seeing this? Probably similar to what our Finnish friends see... so would it make sense to update those 2 libs? Or is there any risk with trying this?

i now change alpha 5 this version ..

and try service codes

but not work

example:

*983*0#

??????

alpha 5 working fine ..

sorry bad english:(

Edited by sxp

Guest Frankish

@kallt Would it be possible in the next version to sign framework-res.apk and system apps with test key like Paul and flibs roms? I think that will solve the problems people have with restoring a nandroid with my themes applied!

Guest IronDoc
i now change alpha 5 this version ..

and try service codes

but not work

example:

*983*0#

??????

alpha 5 working fine ..

sorry bad english:(

You need to do *ZTE*EM# (I think) first to enable 'Engineering Mode'. It's in this thread earlier.