[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Didn't try sending and now I can't. restored my message data from titanium backup and now message app force closes when I try to open it.

Battery is isappearing fast, but will give it time to calibrate after a few charges...

Just sent myself a text from other phone, the message app force closed on receipt...

have you resolved the text message problem?

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
on a different note, KK, would it be possible to fix the facebook sync? i see that fbl has done it in his rom. thanks.

This would be good.

This would be good.

I posted the solution for this in an earlier post, it requires the AOSP dialer, and then needs a little fix on top to stop it not showing the callers name when you receive a call.

Guest BArtNimal
I posted the solution for this in an earlier post, it requires the AOSP dialer, and then needs a little fix on top to stop it not showing the callers name when you receive a call.

ok, sorry, will have a look.

thanks

Guest Anjan Tek
On RLS6, I can repeatedly and consistently reproduce the "WiFi sleeping" issue (despite setting "Never" in the WiFi Sleep policy). Maybe this problem existed on RLS5 too, I didn't use it long enough to notice it. I definitely did not have the problem on Paul's MCR alpha 3.

I read somewhere on this thread that the WiFi sleep issue has been fixed.

I have set a static IP. While the phone's display is still on, if I start pinging the IP, I get responses, but the responses stop as soon as the display switches off.

I have changed the WiFi Sleep Policy to something other than "Never" and then set it back to "Never". Still have the same problem.

Can anybody else confirm that the problem still exists?

Yes. I can confirm this with RLS5.

I have been doing some more digging around.

The WiFi doesn't go to sleep if the phone is plugged in to the charger. So, it seems like the "Never when plugged in" and "Never" options are behaving the same way.

ok, sorry, will have a look.

thanks

That wasn't meant as a rant haha sorry. Was meant more as a poke towards Kallt to have a look into this, as this IMO is the only thing I'm missing from his rom that exists in other roms.

Guest oh!dougal
I have been doing some more digging around.

The WiFi doesn't go to sleep if the phone is plugged in to the charger. So, it seems like the "Never when plugged in" and "Never" options are behaving the same way.

Please!

This is not news and not related AT ALL to this rom.

Guest veehexx

im back on my bladevillain 1.1.0 release.

rls6 had the following issues:

- using launcher pro, widgets would refuse to be reloaded after phone restart. i'd have to re-add the widgets for that power-up. tried it on multiple reboots too.

- trying to connect to work exchange; exchange 2010. unable to find server. trying to use webmail from browser worked fine, so it isnt incorrect server details being used.

on a plus note, i found i had 2.2 lockcreen freezes fairly often on my device. Using rls5&6 for around 30hours combined, i didnt get one freeze. im either lucky or the rom has fixed the freezing.

i used to get freezes about every 4-6hours on the earlier 2.2's.

Guest punkmilitia

Wow, I do not know what you changed Dev, but r6 is so much bloody better than r5,

I think r5 was meant to just make the battery run out slower, but believe you me

my phone is SOO much faster now, zenonia is fully playable easily now, before it

was playable but a bit laggy, thank you TONS for this update, I didn't think it could

get much better but it did, thanks again.

Guest whatcolour

Now that the retail kernel is newly compiled, it's probably time to test the previously not-working-so-well modules, such as:

- ZTE FM Radio: some user reported working

- CKPD-daemon: is this still disabled? I gathered this relates to the turn-to-mute function which is not working in RLS6

- libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so: I see these are now included in FLB r6

Guest Frankish

- using launcher pro, widgets would refuse to be reloaded after phone restart. i'd have to re-add the widgets for that power-up. tried it on multiple reboots too.

- trying to connect to work exchange; exchange 2010. unable to find server. trying to use webmail from browser worked fine, so it isnt incorrect server details being used.

on a plus note, i found i had 2.2 lockcreen freezes fairly often on my device. Using rls5&6 for around 30hours combined, i didnt get one freeze. im either lucky or the rom has fixed the freezing.

i used to get freezes about every 4-6hours on the earlier 2.2's.

That's because the widgets would be on sdcard, use old school a2sd or keep widgets in phone memory. Everyone knows this! Other than you :D

And yes ckpd-daemon is in RLS6 and behaving itself. :P

Guest punkmilitia
Wow, I do not know what you changed Dev, but r6 is so much bloody better than r5,

I think r5 was meant to just make the battery run out slower, but believe you me

my phone is SOO much faster now, zenonia is fully playable easily now, before it

was playable but a bit laggy, thank you TONS for this update, I didn't think it could

get much better but it did, thanks again.

Noticed one new problem: widget are lower than apps on screen ie: sms alerter thing tha shows you how many messages you have is lower than the market app.

Guest whatcolour
- CKPD-daemon: is this still disabled? I gathered this relates to the turn-to-mute function which is not working in RLS6

@Frankish

Is turn-to-mute working on yours? or is CKPD-daemon related to that at all?

Edited by whatcolour

Guest liamdunn

well you'e gotten further than me i cant even add widgets to the home screen, on both the stock launcher and launcher pro the list just freezes and wont move

Guest Afrodude
on quadrant, when i go into system information, it says the max freq for the blade is 600mhz

does the hw acceleration fix that?

It is. Unless you manually adjust it with SetCPU.

HW Acc has no baring on this.

Guest Skillganon

Have you made sure that Launcher Pro is installed on Phone as oppose to SD card. Widgets tend to have a reloading problem when on SD card.

Guest leszekpap

I installed rls6 and everything is great ...only one thing not working - led status. not working at all.

only during charging there is red led...still and only red.

no notifications of sms, phone..nothing.

can I do something with this to work correctly ?

Guest Frankish
Is it possible to take all Four Zip file and manually make into one so I can update with one flash?

It's tiring to do it one by one.

Yep that's what i did with it. :D

You chose google backup, the app configuration is saved on google servers along with wireless settings and wallpaper etc... when you flash new, and fill in your google account details on that first startup, it restores the apps it can, the wallpaper and the wifi settings, etc... There seems to be no way to control tis other than allow backup and automatic restore, or not...

Hi, I have just been going through the same thing and the way i got it not restore all the previous apps was to wipe everything and format the SD card, then go back to Sebs r7 2.1 ROM.

sign in to google and give it a few mins to settle down.

then wipe all and flashed RLS5

I now have a clean RLS5 with no reference to any apps

I then came on here and found RLS6 was available and am wondering if i should go through it al over again.