[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Where is the default wallpaper in this ROM? I deleted it in Laucher2.apk the (Jellyfish background) called wallpaper1.jpg and wallaper1_small.jpg and I replaced it but still comes up after rom install?

It is also in framework-res.apk.

I've tried JJ RLS6 with the battery fully charged before flashing and in the 12 hours since charging the battery has dropped to 76%. With the stock ROM and equivalent configuration and light use I would expect to see the battery at around 98% or better. I had 2g enabled and sync disabled. According to Spare Parts the phone has only been asleep for 50% of the time (I was asleep for longer than that) and most of the awake time appears to be down to the dialer. I have not overclocked.

Once again I'm going back to the stock ROM because I'm still not seeing any value to be gained from JJ, quite the reverse in fact.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is there some fix for Saunalahti users like me,as it shows up as roaming currently.

Also the link for RLS4 Saunlahti fix doesn't seem to work.

I've now attached the fix to the first post to make it easier to find.

Guest AlphaVision
I've tried JJ RLS6 with the battery fully charged before flashing and in the 12 hours since charging the battery has dropped to 76%. With the stock ROM and equivalent configuration and light use I would expect to see the battery at around 98% or better. I had 2g enabled and sync disabled. According to Spare Parts the phone has only been asleep for 50% of the time (I was asleep for longer than that) and most of the awake time appears to be down to the dialer. I have not overclocked.

Once again I'm going back to the stock ROM because I'm still not seeing any value to be gained from JJ, quite the reverse in fact.

So basically you mean that with the stock rom, if you don't touch the phone, it will stay on stand by for around 25 days?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Anyone have issues with signal bar indication?

I have a weak signal but full bars? So it's not a correct representation.

That is an issue likely due to the fact that we use some libs from 2.1 to get phone network to work at all. It's a cosmetic problem. Not sure if we can do much to fix it.

Guest Anjan Tek
This is all elsewhere and is just my understanding of what I've read. The wifi chip used has a function which is sort of similar to 'wake on lan' where it goes into a low power state until it receives something or an app attempts to send something. ZTE haven't activated (or have disabled) this ability for whatever reason. In the absence of this android shuts it down completely unless it is actively being kept awake.

Re: Battery

Wifi is more power intensive than 3G. I dunno how much so.

I guess wifi isn't stated in known issues because it is a known issue with all Blades, not with the ROM.

Thanks for the explanation. I remember reading a debate somewhere about whether the WiFi chip on the Blade actually supported this "partial sleep" feature or ZTE had chosen to not use the feature.

But I am still wondering how I used to receive email notifications while the phone was asleep when I had Paul's MCR alpha 3.

I don't have mobile data enabled.

Edited by Anjan Tek

So basically you mean that with the stock rom, if you don't touch the phone, it will stay on stand by for around 25 days?

No. Unused, the phone will stay at 100% for several hours (maybe 10-12) before beginning to drop, so the first several hours, even the first day, cannot be used to forecast standby life. When it does start to drop it's at the rate of ~8% per 24 hour period. Based on figures gathered over a few days I would say my phone has the potential to give up to 12 days standby life on 2G with sync disabled. Certainly I've had the thing going for 5.5 days without charging and had 50% remaining. That's with the phone unused and simply checked periodically. I am normally not a heavy user as I have a laptop and landline available most of the time. I do not use 3G and I turn Wi-Fi on only for brief periods to perform a specific task and then I turn it off again.

When I start to use the phone actively then the battery level falls pretty rapidly. I'd estimate I'd be able to play Angry Birds for about 4 hours on a full charge. If I use My Tracks to record a route I walk then I would estimate that the phone would run for about 9-10 hours with SatNav and 2G running, but the screen mostly left off. The standby life is, however, excellent on the stock ROM using 2G and no sync.

My experience with JJ RLS6 is that having gone to bed with the phone still showing 100% (albeit a weak 100% rather than a fully stuffed 100%), I woke up to find that it had dropped 24% during ~8 hours when it was not even being used. That's a drain rate roughly 9X faster than with the stock ROM. I might add that before going to sleep I did check that the CPU was throttled back to 245MHz and that there were no greedy apps consuming the juice.

EDIT : Actually I recharged the phone again yesterday and on the stock ROM I'm still at 100% after 14:28 hours off charge, with 2G data enabled the whole time.....

20110112_111326_1113_LR.jpg

It might drop to 99% in the next minute or it might last another hour or two at 100%. Who knows? The fact is that on the stock ROM the phone really is frugle when left on standby. JJ6 is not in the same league (for me).

Edited by tdodd

Guest myhooose

Just posting my experiences of battery usage

I using an OLED phone with RLS6 with hw acceleration, oc and gps fix installed. I have a setcpu profile to set the processor max speed to 480 when screen off, turn to mute unticked. I left the phone on last night (7 hrs) with 3g and sync enabled. Battery only dropped 1% from 96%.

Yesterday with processor set to 729 and a lot of usage with wifi, unsurprisingly the battery discharged very quickly.

I'm not convinced there is a battery life problem.

With every smartphone i've owned, I've alway thought how bad the battery life has been in the first few days when playing with the phone, but then found it to be fine for normal everyday usage.

If there is a problem I think it is when the phone is being used, standby seems fine for me.

edit - I also have previously done the battery calibration trick posted somewhere on this forum.

Edited by myhooose

That is an issue likely due to the fact that we use some libs from 2.1 to get phone network to work at all. It's a cosmetic problem. Not sure if we can do much to fix it.

God morning KK! Flashed your rom yesterday and after some setting up and cleaning out everything except facebook sync now works. Tested GPS, 3G, Sync, WiFi, LEDs etc.

Didn't find any point in having;

*Gtalk

*Live wallpapers

*Voice dialers

*Spare Parts

*Gmail

And missing;

*Gmaps

*Titanium backup

*Astro

*SMS Backup+

*Youtube

*Quick Office

Also, would it be possible to restrict the number of homescreens? I use 2 out of 5 and it's a little annoying. Also, not having the powerwidget on the homescreen per default possibly makes some people miss out on it's awesomeness! :D

Guest janen123

So weird. I normally used blade(saunalahti, finland) today and when i tried launch some apps it failed and force closed them. Then i rebooted phone and it stuck again and again when i saw android logo. I tried with SD card(app2sd) and without it but it didn't work. Now it rebooted with sdcard but all apps have lost. I have newest jellyfish(with /data partition change or something that) and i must reinstall all back, i think so. Factory reset and other resets are okay, right?

And I thought Orange was doing something about the horrible reception from where I work. :D

Guest liamdunn
And missing;

*Gmaps

*Titanium backup

*Astro

*SMS Backup+

*Youtube

*Quick Office

all of which can be downloaded from the market only takes a few minutes mate

Also, would it be possible to restrict the number of homescreens? I use 2 out of 5 and it's a little annoying.

use launcher pro then you can restrict the number of homescreens

Agreed - using Titanium Backup, it's really not a biggie, and LauncherPro is awesome :D. Otherwise, you can simply drop the applications you want into the zip file before applying, to make the ROM as you please.

Edited by goatee

Guest crackmaniac

Hello,

I tried to add the HTC_IME.apk from the "Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5"

But i always get FCs when i try to use this keyboard.

I tried to install the apk with Astro Filemanager. Get FCs

I tried to integrate it into the rom zip-file /system/apk/. Get FCs

Anybody got an HTC IME which works with the RLS6 of this rom?

Guest targetbsp

Has anyone else noticed that the minimum setting that auto brightness will adopt is not the minimum brightness the screen can do? The auto brightness is working in regards to going brighter in bright light so the sensor is fine it just doesn't go as dark as it can in the dark.

Guest FlippyBoy
Hello,

I tried to add the HTC_IME.apk from the "Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5"

But i always get FCs when i try to use this keyboard.

I tried to install the apk with Astro Filemanager. Get FCs

I tried to integrate it into the rom zip-file /system/apk/. Get FCs

Anybody got an HTC IME which works with the RLS6 of this rom?

There is two versions, one for 2.1 and one for 2.2. If you're using this ROM you would want the 2.2 one.

Downloads for both available in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Guest SebbesApa
Has anyone else noticed that the minimum setting that auto brightness will adopt is not the minimum brightness the screen can do? The auto brightness is working in regards to going brighter in bright light so the sensor is fine it just doesn't go as dark as it can in the dark.

Same for me...

That's true. I just questioned some of the existing apps and mentioned some that I think are more important. So I don't mess up some signing on the zip if I edit it?

Thanks for the tip on Launcher Pro. It truly is a great launcher :D

I'm using RLS6 and I think also that when I use the phone the battery consumption is pretty high.(higher than with stock eclair) Yes I have overclocked the cpu, so this can be one reason. But when phone is at sleep, it does not really consume battery at all. Like 1% at night or so.

One other problem I have found is the lockscreen clock. It's like "10. 01" and I think it was like "10:01" with eclair, and it's just looks stupid. Is there any way to change it to be "normal"?

Guest liamdunn
That's true. I just questioned some of the existing apps and mentioned some that I think are more important. So I don't mess up some signing on the zip if I edit it?

Thanks for the tip on Launcher Pro. It truly is a great launcher :D

I do it all the time its easy enough, just open the zip file with winrar or something similar then delete the apps you dont use, if your unsure about an app then leave it there and use titanium backup to uninstall later if its safe to uninstall it, most apps can be downloaded from the web then added to the rom before flashing it just as a precaution make sure to chose "store" rather than normal compression, i dont know if it makes any difference but i do it just to be sure.

On launcher pro if it takes a couple of presses to select something in the app draw then on the homescreen press the menu button/preferences/appearance settings/hilights style then chose "classic" this will make the selection of an app to one press

One other problem I have found is the lockscreen clock. It's like "10. 01" and I think it was like "10:01" with eclair, and it's just looks stupid. Is there any way to change it to be "normal"?

Really? It's perfectly correct 'HH:MM' format on mine...

RLS6 straight from RLS5 without wipe, Frankish's Gingerbread w/ black menus w/o batt% theme.