[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Installed:

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_ahb_overclocked.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_hw_ui.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_circle_battery.zip

saunalahti_ril.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip

....Now I have RLS7......So any ideas whats going on?

I'm missing the ROM update to RSL7

•Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.zip

It looks you have only installed the addons on RSL5

Guest Pelemane
I'm missing the ROM update to RSL7

•Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.zip

It looks you have only installed the addons on RSL5

Of course i have installed it too :) just forgot it from that list ;)

About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the Japanese Softbank 003Z ROM.

Downloads

• Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (115.7Mb system) MD5: 933CC50FF749D0CA2A5BBF611AB57B19
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: AD7423E804A16EA35394A4B912A6509B
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: 13229B3AC34C1917F1A0ECC4B82B4723
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: F422A55C0322B02F1D6F106A31094A66
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: A6D60415CE99757C61E8C02C4FA8AF7F
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: FBBEB626B5E06D7EEF2097844C6525FB
    btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Installation
    Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 or 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

It also works to use the RA_Recovery as an alternative to Clockwork.

LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1501261

Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)
    • Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
    • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
    • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Don't forget to rename or remove the "image" folder on the SD-card when you are done so that you do not reinstall your phone by mistake later on. Sometimes it enters the "image" install when you try to boot into bootloader mode if the image folder still exists on the card.
      Go back to standard partition sizes
      Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E. After this you will have Clockwork Recovery as both boot and recovery image so you'll need to put a ROM on your SD-card and install.

Post RLS7 fixes (attached)
      • Facebook sync fixed
        • gps.conf back to pre-RLS6 version
        • resolv.conf removed (don't think it was used anyway and have only seen it in CM releases)
        • VPN menus enabled in Settings.
        • Automatic time setting enabled in Settings.
        • Signal indicators fixed (using same levels as in ZTE 2.1 ROMs)
        • Original Alarm clock back (has more options) but can be replaced with Desk Clock through addon if DeskClock is preferred.
        • Stock Filer app back as it can be good to have a simple file manager in place.
        • Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)
        • Changed HH.MM time display to HH:MM in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish language files.
        • Added more PPP options in kernel (for VPN).
        • Circle battery indicator is no longer the default but can be added as an addon.
        • Added Sebastians RA recovery (with CM colors) to the "image" install as it supports EXT4 and also the addons needs a recovery image.
        • I'm sorry but it is NOT resigned with test keys as I promised it would be. I'm afraid resigning everything with testkeys can lead to problems when updates to "stock" apps like Gmail and Market arrives. This needs to be investigated further before testsigning the release.
          • Fixed gps.conf
          • RIL libs for Saunalahti users to stop it from appearing to be roaming when it's not.
            • Added Gmail back as it seems to missing in Market for some people.
            • Replaced AlarmClock.apk with DeskClock.apk.
            • Added resolv.conf with Googles public DNS-servers.
            • Added Googles SUPL host in gps.conf.
            • Disabled hardware GUI as eat seems to eat battery (enable with addon if you want it)
            • Changed wifi scan interval from 15 to 180 seconds (saves battery).
            • Updated apns-conf.xml with some changes found in CM 6.1.
            • Enabled EXT4 and PPP in kernel and changed kernel to use LZMA compressed initrd.
            • Removed the built in Japanese voicemail numbers.
            • Removed recovery.img from "image" install so that it doesn't overwrite any previously installed recovery images.
            • Removed the hacked "stock" FM Radio and updated Andorko's version to 0.5.
              • No more bloating, only one super-slimmed version that fits on 128Mb system partition (more info and instructions will come later)
              • New kernel with overclocking support (Use SetCPU)
              • Added swap and compcache support.
              • Compiled and added tun.ko for the new kernel.
              • Re-added Google Search box.
              • Replaced MMS app with version from the chinese leaked ROM which supports adding multiple recipients.
              • Replaced libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so with versions from the Swedish Comviq ROM (previously used versions from the Finnish Saunlahti ROM).
                (Saunalahti users should use the attached update so that it doens't look like it's roaming)

RLS4

[*]Now also works without SIM cards (thanks to MDCFan)

[*]No bootlogo, keeps Splash screen until bootanimation starts. Saves space in ramdisk and splash is rather easy to replace yourself compared to replacing the bootlogo.

[*]Removed Nexus bootanimation and uses the default Android flashing logo.

[*]Added ADW Launcher

[*]Added Emulator ROMs

[*]Added VM Heap tool (and changed VM Heap size back to the default 24Mb as you can now easily change it yourselves)

[*]Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.

[*]Changed default wallpaper.

[*]Made a super-slim lite version that fits well within a 128Mb system partition (see "Partition layout change" thread and this post for more info.)

RLS3b

[*]Removed libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so as suggested by Flibb to get rid of the random mp3 playing issues.

[*]Put the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk into the right place so this time Tethering and Assisted GPS controls should be there.

RLS3

[*](native)Wifi Hotspot

[*]USB tethering (mobile data or Wifi)

[*]Enabled AGPS and the checkbox to control it.

[*]Replaced Home Switcher with Froyo version

[*]Included both working Radio apps (thanks to MDCFan and Andorko

[*]Jellyfish got missing after a tragic misunderstanding at a sushi bar and have been replaced with green android and nexus bootanimation.

[*]Updated Linpack to latest version.

IMPORTANT! The themes likely needs to be updated to support RLS3 or they will disable Wifi hotspot and usb tethering through wifi. Usb tethering over through mobile data should still work though.Frankish! The file that is chaned in framework-res.apk is res/values/arrays.xml. You can propably just get the whole resources.rsc from my framework-res.apk and put it into your framework-res.apk files. Just remeber to NOT use compression on the resources.rsc. Use WinRAR and choose "Store" when you add it.

RLS2

[*]The USIM error on unlocked phones is now gone (thansk to MDCFan)

[*]The Japanese extra call dialogue that some people experienced is gone.

[*]Circle battery indicator

[*]Removed APNDroid as it is obsolete with the new Power control widget.

[*]Updated Titanium Backup

[*]Removed the CKPD-daemon

[*]Added Spare Parts

RLS1

[*]Cleaned ROM from branding, custom contacts, bookmarks etc...

[*]Added most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk (Launcher Pro etc...)

[*]Upgraded several Google apps and Market.

[*]Unlocked all languages

[*]Added Gingerbread Keyboard and made it the default IME.

[*]Added Wifi tethering app as this kernel, as opposed to the 2.1 kernel, seems to have the needed netfilter stuff enabled.

[*]Enabled hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc...

Known issues

[*]Sometimes when an app request root permissions it just "hangs". Resolved by restarting phone or just kill all tasks with a Task killer.

[*]Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss.

Well i've bricked my ZTE Racer ;) :)

Guest ztebladeuser
Well i've bricked my ZTE Racer ;) :)

lol. this is for a blade?

I wonder if i install jellyfish 6 then 7 over the top, the signal issue would fix itself?

Edited by ztebladeuser

Guest Simon O
[*]I'm sorry but it is NOT resigned with test keys as I promised it would be. I'm afraid resigning everything with testkeys can lead to problems when updates to "stock" apps like Gmail and Market arrives. This needs to be investigated further before testsigning the release.

That doesn't happen. Both my rom and Pauls are resigned using the shared SDK key and Google apps work fine and update fine. You are only supposed to resign framework-res and core system apk files, not all files.

Paul wrote a quick script to do this easily. it's in the general Android section.

Guest Palmierini
RLS7 doesn't sleep for me either. Going back to RLS6.

PS: "Connection cannot be made" problem persists in RLS7. This is when you specifically set 2G in order to save battery.

sleep works just fine here

RLS7

phone goes to sleep after x time and wakes up pressing the power button

Guest IronDoc
lol. this is for a blade?

I wonder if i install jellyfish 6 then 7 over the top, the signal issue would fix itself?

Are you on 7? Installing one then the other shouldn't really be different to just installing 7.

Guest Rotmann
Tried, that doesn't help, still got the vibrate. Think i'll try use the gingerbread till theres a fix for it.

Uninstall the keyboard and install it again (the 2.2 version in the stickies).

I know about Stagefright; I was focusing on the very small improvement on Quadrant score, and also on the fact that personally I didn't notice any improvement in UI or also in games like Angry Birds, in spite of the "hardware acceleration" which should be on now. I think that there's something strange...

HW_UI does not do anything so spectacular, the differences are quite subtle (the GPU is used to help speed up the interface like drawer, menus and so on). It needs a little more battery too.

Guest Pelemane
Is there a way,any way to get back my phone to life ??? ;)

If you can get it to clocwork just restore nandroid if you made one and it will ressurect back to life

If you can get it to clocwork just restore nandroid if you made one and it will ressurect back to life

everything that i have is recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71.img 3.742KB, and backup.mbk 295.488KB

That's all ;)

Guest Rotmann
I think that's debatable.

It's been discussed a lot of times on the forum, don't want to hijack the thread but following a logic thinking, if the GPU works for the UI, it should use some more battery too. Why do you think that kallt_kaffe disabled it?

Guest 90180360
if the GPU works for the UI, it should use some more battery too.

If the GPU does it, the CPU doesn't have to do it. I think it depends on who does it more efficiently.

Guest Flykite
Ok guys. I have made an addon that adds some PPP configs to the kernel (it also adds CONFIG_PPPOL2TP).

I tested with VPN PPTP and it works fine.

You can apply this addon with Clockwork Recovery(as with all addons).

Please tell me if this also works with other types of VPN connection(L2TP etc).

Thanks 'tangelis', As for myself, PPTP & L2TP works fine, but "L2TP/IPsec PSK" does not work.

BTW: My rom is Japanese Jellyfish RLS7.

Edited by Flykite

I've installed the HW UI add-on. Is it possible to turn it off somehow? Just reflash the whole rom? I'd like to test how it affects my battery.

Edited by Janil

I've installed the HW UI add-on. Is it possible to turn it off somehow? Just reflash the whole rom? I'd like to test how it affects my battery.

Try this:

Navigate to /system folder with rootexplore and there is a build.prop file. Mount r/o and open build.prop in Text Editor with rootexpolre. In this file search this line:

debug.sf.hw=1 and change the 1 to 0 (null) i think it will work. Please do backup before use it.

I have a question too, Is it possible that i move the dalvik cache to sd card (in:RLS7)

THX

Edited by istnag

Guest gueschmid

Hallo,

i flashed my blade yesterday evening with JJ7 (per TPT). Worked fine, i was able to see the green letters during flashing on my swiss SF (TFT). But I can not find any settings for the ADW.Launcher.

I was searching at Homescreen, pressing Menu. I saw a lot settings on youtube-videos. Is it still ADW.Launcher?

gruß

gueschmid

Edited by gueschmid