[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest heavyduty00
normal cpu speed 600mhz + overclocked ahb (bus speed) + hw acceleration + stagefright enabled gives 11xx in quadrant as kallt_kaffe said in post #1

what about without overclocked etc?

What about spee of just the normal froyo rom with normal cpu speed ( it already includes hw acceleration and stagefright in the rom? )?

Is the quadrant score like measuring the speed of the device? So it would be like twice as fast as normal 2.1 roms with around 400 quadrant scores?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is the Gingerbread keyboard's sized fixed in this or do you still have to use lcddensity after every boot?

It's fixed both in this rom and in Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe,

The LG P500 has the same cpu and the guys @ XDA have overclocked it to 728MHz, something we can benefit from?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=870640

Cheers.

I know very well how to overclock the cpu BUT I cannot do it until we get the kernel source code for the Froyo kernel. You can overclock the CPU in Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4 as it uses an older kernel where I've added overclocking. The AHB bus overclocking I did to the Froyo kernel was made by hexediting the kernel changing a divider from 3 to 2. Sadly the same cannot be done for the CPU speed. Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest blazewiczp

a quick trick to get radio output in your headset. Turn radio on, tune your station, launch youtube, pick random clip. You will hear both youtube and radio, switch youtube back to its homescreen and you'll be left with radio sound only :(

Wonder why radio application does not get the access to sound device. New "feature" of android 2.2 ? ;)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Would it be possible to just take the 2.2 kernel from similar device and modify it to the Blade?

Sure, but you need to reinvent all the hardware specific stuff yourself. Nothing is impossible but ZTE must release their source unless they intend to violate the GPL.

Guest kallt_kaffe
a quick trick to get radio output in your headset. Turn radio on, tune your station, launch youtube, pick random clip. You will hear both youtube and radio, switch youtube back to its homescreen and you'll be left with radio sound only :(

Wonder why radio application does not get the access to sound device. New "feature" of android 2.2 ? ;)

It's propably some kind of mismatch between the audio libs and the kernel we use. We are using an older beta kernel so once we get a newer kernel that works I wouldn't be suprised if the FM Radio problem goes away.

If you're not comfortable doing either of those, I'd suggest you wait until the next release where I would assume it will be included.

Use the merged file(s) you referenced in your first post that includes both fixes, rather than the one kallt_kaffe was referring to in his instructions which was before both issues were fixed.

I have no idea what adb is. On the front page there is: UOT_ZC_12_27_20_29_1.zip, so do I install that to the root of the SD card and also replace the

Phone.rar?

Guest Phoenix Silver
I have no idea what adb is. On the front page there is: UOT_ZC_12_27_20_29_1.zip, so do I install that to the root of the SD card and also replace the

Phone.rar?

this file is for to have custom icons

Guest heavyduty00
what about without overclocked etc?

What about speed of just the normal froyo rom with normal cpu speed ( it already includes hw acceleration and stagefright in the rom? )?

Is the quadrant score like measuring the speed of the device? So it would be like twice as fast as normal 2.1 roms with around 400 quadrant scores?

may seem like a stupid question, but if we have the same cpu as the lg optimus one, and they claim all optimus ones are stable at 724mhz, how come my phone can only handle 672mhz? or is that because that was on eclair? will overclocking froyo (when we get the source ofcourse) allow me to go higher than my max speed on 2.1? i know the answer is most likely no, but maybe there is a difference in froyo that would allow me to squeeze more cpu power, fingers crossed :(

may seem like a stupid question, but if we have the same cpu as the lg optimus one, and they claim all optimus ones are stable at 724mhz, how come my phone can only handle 672mhz? or is that because that was on eclair? will overclocking froyo (when we get the source ofcourse) allow me to go higher than my max speed on 2.1? i know the answer is most likely no, but maybe there is a difference in froyo that would allow me to squeeze more cpu power, fingers crossed :(

Yes, no.

The maximum of CPU speed is limited the physical CPU itself, it doesn't depend on the OS above - it could be even WinMo.

Froyo will be faster, however - it contains JIT (Just In Time java compiler), that, under some circumstances, is faster than non-JIT version.

Of course it has its drawback - it requires more memory, and first time you run an app, it is slower - it has to compile the byte code to native code.

Yes, no.

The maximum of CPU speed is limited the physical CPU itself, it doesn't depend on the OS above - it could be even WinMo.

Froyo will be faster, however - it contains JIT (Just In Time java compiler), that, under some circumstances, is faster than non-JIT version.

Of course it has its drawback - it requires more memory, and first time you run an app, it is slower - it has to compile the byte code to native code.

Guest abbas_sheikh

I nandroid (backed up) using recovery 2.5.1.8 and it backs up the ROM fine. Now when I restore, it restores fine but after reboot it goes in boot animation loop forever. Until I remove the battery and re-flash it with original rom and everything is fine again. Has any one recovered from their backup using recovery (and what is their version)?

Guest Lost_Animal
I nandroid (backed up) using recovery 2.5.1.8 and it backs up the ROM fine. Now when I restore, it restores fine but after reboot it goes in boot animation loop forever. Until I remove the battery and re-flash it with original rom and everything is fine again. Has any one recovered from their backup using recovery (and what is their version)?

Just Wipe DATA and Cache.

Reboot and you will be Fine.

BTW how can apply the Overclocked boot.img on my phone ?

Ι'm running the Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 already and running without any issues so far.

I renamed the zip as OC.zip and install it with Zip Select option but when rebooted the max CLOCK remains the SAME (600 Mhz).

Thank you for your nice work m8.

Guest dmxpowa

BTW how can apply the Overclocked boot.img on my phone ?

Ι'm running the Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 already and running without any issues so far.

I renamed the zip as OC.zip and install it with Zip Select option but when rebooted the max CLOCK remains the SAME (600 Mhz).

Thank you for your nice work m8.

its AHB not CPU bro

Guest abbas_sheikh

I have tried many ROMs without problem and restoring back to what I backed up. I know those gotachs.

Have you tried yoursef? if yes and successful what is version of your recovery.

Guest Lost_Animal

I went from stock eclair 2.1 (Wind Hellas Image) to MoDaCo Custom Froyo A3 => installed 512Mb Fix => Japanese Jellyfish RLS1.

All went smooth and without problems....

Guest abbas_sheikh
I went from stock eclair 2.1 (Wind Hellas Image) to MoDaCo Custom Froyo A3 => installed 512Mb Fix => Japanese Jellyfish RLS1.

All went smooth and without problems....

So you have not tried the scenario I am facing.

Phone.rar?

It is easy to determine - look into the zip :(

Guest t0mm13b
I know very well how to overclock the cpu BUT I cannot do it until we get the kernel source code for the Froyo kernel. You can overclock the CPU in Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4 as it uses an older kernel where I've added overclocking. The AHB bus overclocking I did to the Froyo kernel was made by hexediting the kernel changing a divider from 3 to 2. Sadly the same cannot be done for the CPU speed.

Does the fact that the CPU is being over-clocked have any bearing on the battery drain? That's my line of thinking as it happened last night, had the battery fully charged, installed JJ ROM, scored 981 on Quadrant, then this morning the battery was dead as a dodo.... and the led's on the buttons went mysteriously... have restored back to bladevillain, the led's are not even on except for the return key....

Guest fishb00n

@heavyduty00: no need to quote yourself :-)

i have no idea - but i would guess that the performance is pretty equal to the other froyo roms 9xx score in quadrant.

and no its not like 800 is twice as fast as 400. but overall the phone feels a lot smoother, mainly because of froyos just in time compiler and other optimizations.

Edited by fishb00n