[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest KasioPC

Could someone mirror the RSL7 Normal install zip? I keep downloading it, and the checksum is different everytime. when I flash it, it sticks on the green android man.

Guest IronDoc
to be fair and square... i rly dont know ^^

sim unlock is here:

http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

if unlock means enabling root und su mode, you have to install clockwork

but i´m not an expert on these things

anyone knows better?

I dunno where that line's from but unlocked only refers to sim. Rooting is called rooting and isn't really to do with clockwork. I believe StevenHarper has some stickies for beginners including a glossary.

@HMZX Stagefright doesn't work.

Guest Swimmerboy
could you please make a rom with stagefright enabled, or can you add a extra zip to flash?

Just do it yourself - open the zip file (I use winrar). Extract the build.prop file from /system, change the three options at the bottom from 'false' to 'true' (but not the HTTP one as it gives you green bars on youtube videos). Then just add it back to the zip, overwriting the old build.prop and re-flash.

If you've already installed you can do it via ADB or root explorer instead from the /system partition on the phone.

I've noticed some quirks in the german translation. First one that comes to my mind is it comes up with "Fødselsdag" in danish instead of "Geburtstag" in german ("birthday" in english).

Not like it's a big deal, but let me know if i can contribute some german translations! ;)

(I might need some how-to instruction in case I'm supposed to help...)

Edited by MrPike

Use clockwork, same as installing new rom

Thanks ;)

How do you get the facebook sync to work? Sorry for all the questions.

Edited by Dr00g

Guest EndruBoy

Guys pls help!

I've installed a little modified RLS5 and a totally original RLS7 (about 10 minutes ago, downloaded from here) and both of them don't want to connect to my PC via USB cable. It's only charging. I think I didn't setted up something, because it's works with the stock ROM (I've tried it before installed RLS7). What could be the problem?

I really don't have any idea so pls tell something.

Edited by EndruBoy

Guest Pelemane
Guys pls help!

I've installed a little modified RLS5 and a totally original RLS7 (about 10 minutes ago, downloaded from here) and both of them don't want to connect to my PC via USB cable. It's only charging. I think I didn't setted up something, because it's works with the original ROM (I've tried it before installed RLS7). What could be the problem?

I really don't have any idea so pls tell something.

you have to turn on usb storage on your phone.

Guest EndruBoy
you have to turn on usb storage on your phone.

Thank you for answeing.

I now I am blind and lame but I can't find this option anywhere. Can anyone show me? Sry I'm new in Android...

Thank you for answeing.

I now I am blind and lame but I can't find this option anywhere. Can anyone show me? Sry I'm new in Android...

Connect your USB cable to computer and then drag notification bar to the bottom just like in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3KV-eVHGsg. You will see an option there called "USB connected. Select to copy files to/from your computer." Select it. Then press "Turn on USB storage" and "OK" buttons.

I also recomment you to install drivers.

Edited by MDCFan

Guest EndruBoy
Connect your USB cable to computer and then drag notification bar to the bottom just like in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3KV-eVHGsg. You will see an option there called "USB connected. Select to copy files to/from your computer." Select it. Then press "Turn on USB storage" and "OK" buttons.

I also recomment you to install Softbank drivers.

Thanks again the quick answer.

Now, thats the problem: I can't see any notification there! I know it could be scrolled down. Nothing happens when I'm plug in the USB cable, it's just starts to charging. And yes, the stock ROM do the same as you mentioned...

And I tried it with an other PC eighter.

Installed those drivers, still not works. And my Windows don't see any new hardware.

Edited by EndruBoy

Guest IronDoc
Thanks again the quick answer.

Now, thats the problem: I can't see any notification there! I know it could be scrolled down. Nothing happens when I'm plug in the USB cable, it's just starts to charging. And yes, the stock ROM do the same as you mentioned...

And I tried it with an other PC eighter.

Installed those drivers, still not works. And my Windows don't see any new hardware.

This happened to me but I can't remember how I resolved it. I think there's supposed to be an option in settings for mounting usb but it wasn't there.

Guest Autarch
Kallt, could you pleas provide a kernel with IPv6: Privacy Extensions enabled? The kernel does not use this by default, so every mobile can be identified in the net.

http://www.heise.de/netze/rfc/rfcs/rfc4941.shtml

https://www.codeaurora.org/git/projects/qrd...et/ipv6/Kconfig

or can you provide the source for the kernel you use and a link to a howto for compiling?

cheers

DM

CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY is already compiled into the kernel, but I think it's not enabled by default. A quick bit of Googling suggests you can hack it with sysctl, either with something like the following, which I guess could be added to your init.rc (which itself needs to be built into boot.img)

sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr=2

sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr=2
or perhaps it will work if you have an /etc/sysctl.conf (which would work in most Linuxes) with something like
net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr=2

net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr=2

Alas, I'm not on an IPv6 network at the moment so can't test it.

There's some kernel compiling guides at https://github.com/ZTE-BLADE/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32/wiki including how to make boot.img. Mind you, there's a couple of minor typos I think, and none of the kernels I've made have booted yet ;)

Having said all that, I'm not a fan of the privacy extensions, with my network security hat on, they make things more awkward without adding significant security and you may find network connections/web sessions are less reliable due to the changing IP address ...

Ok, have installed RLS7 and all looks OK? Do I need any of the other files? saunalahti_ril.zip, Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip and yesss_v2.zip. Not really bothered about fb sync, as I don't want my fb contacts on my phone, but have no idea what the other 2 files are for, and don't really want to go back thru 118 pages to find out!! Could somebody please tell me if I need the other 2 files please? Thanks.

Edited by synet

Guest Nickman1200
Ok, have installed RLS7 and all looks OK? Do I need any of the other files? saunalahti_ril.zip, Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip and yesss_v2.zip. Not really bothered about fb sync, as I don't want my fb contacts on my phone, but have no idea what the other 2 files are for, and don't really want to go back thru 118 pages to find out!! Could somebody please tell me if I need the other 2 files please? Thanks.

How about reading the first post instead ?

Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss.

Nickman, I did see that, but still didn't know if I needed them. So they are networks then? I'm on T-Mobile UK, which does roam onto Orange UK, so I don't need them then?

Thanks also, targetbsp.

Edited by synet

When I receive phone calls the number is shown and not the name from the Contact list.. Anybody else having this problem? What can I do to display the name? (running RLS7)

Guest my-planet

I took the plunge and installed v6 yesterday, and just my luck...v7 gets released today ;)

Anyways, I downloaded 7, and took a risk by installing it over 6 without cleaning cache or data. So far so good.

I just hope my phone doesn't blow up or something...

Well after much hesitation I decided to flash my phone for the first time and apart from a few problems with drivers it was quite easy.

I'm loving this rom so far, much smoother and faster but i've encountered one small problem: I tried to send some .apk files from my comp to the phone with bluetooth it kept telling me that the phone could not process this file type (or words to that effect), is there some option i have to enable for this to work?