HUAWEI u8220 wouldn't start

Guest margariins

Guest margariins

I got a huawei u8220 as gift whilst visiting factory in China (only mentioning because it's not T-mobile, so T-mobile's software is of no use)

I managed to switch it on a few times but it was glitching massively. After a while I wasn't even able to switch it on properly, it got to huawei screen and stopped right there.

Now I decided to factory-reset it, so I downloaded software necessary (dload file from huawei homepage, android 1.5 version), successfully installed it (upgrade mode volume+endcall+power), it hung up at "upgrade successful, restarting" screen, after 5min I took out the battery, switched it on once more - no changes, halts at huawei screen.

I have searched through a lot of topics concerning similar problem, but none was exactly as mine, plus a lot of advice contained fastbooting, which is impossible, cause connected to computer - neither of the devices notices it.

Handset was originally with factory settings, no upgrades or modifications.

I hope I managed to explain myself, thanks in advance!

I got a huawei u8220 as gift whilst visiting factory in China (only mentioning because it's not T-mobile, so T-mobile's software is of no use)

I managed to switch it on a few times but it was glitching massively. After a while I wasn't even able to switch it on properly, it got to huawei screen and stopped right there.

Now I decided to factory-reset it, so I downloaded software necessary (dload file from huawei homepage, android 1.5 version), successfully installed it (upgrade mode volume+endcall+power), it hung up at "upgrade successful, restarting" screen, after 5min I took out the battery, switched it on once more - no changes, halts at huawei screen.

I have searched through a lot of topics concerning similar problem, but none was exactly as mine, plus a lot of advice contained fastbooting, which is impossible, cause connected to computer - neither of the devices notices it.

Handset was originally with factory settings, no upgrades or modifications.

I hope I managed to explain myself, thanks in advance!

So that's a chinese u8220 yes. Why don't you try to root it and instal clockwork recovery from your computer and install CM6 chinese rom?I don't know if 1.5 original works on that or did it had 1.5 chinese rom there? Can you take off the battery and see there should say u8220-6 yes. Anyway hope you fix it. I don't think you bricked it. Maybe it have software problem.

Guest margariins
So that's a chinese u8220 yes. Why don't you try to root it and instal clockwork recovery from your computer and install CM6 chinese rom?I don't know if 1.5 original works on that or did it had 1.5 chinese rom there? Can you take off the battery and see there should say u8220-6 yes. Anyway hope you fix it. I don't think you bricked it. Maybe it have software problem.

Damn it, it really is u8220-6, it says that only at FCC ID, and not in model nr.

My questions may seem silly,but

how can I do a clockwork recovery? And where can I get CM6 chinese rom?

Huawei homepage is not much help.

Guest margariins
but boardsearch is...

Seems I have messed up pretty badly.

As the phone wasn 't working, I didn't care for making any recoveries. I didn 't loose any info, but now i don 't have a clue what OS it run.

HUAWEI has removed any software for u8220-6 from it's website, and no one i'm asking, is able to give a software.

Has anyone any idea what can I do?

At the moment I tried flashing using t-mobile 2.1 official release, it upgraded successfully, but is not working.

I am unable to get to any menus or charge the battery.

Doomsday for my huawei.

Seems I have messed up pretty badly.

As the phone wasn 't working, I didn't care for making any recoveries. I didn 't loose any info, but now i don 't have a clue what OS it run.

HUAWEI has removed any software for u8220-6 from it's website, and no one i'm asking, is able to give a software.

Has anyone any idea what can I do?

At the moment I tried flashing using t-mobile 2.1 official release, it upgraded successfully, but is not working.

I am unable to get to any menus or charge the battery.

Doomsday for my huawei.

Well there is the Ultimate pulse owners guide where you can start but do not flash roms. Listen turn your phone pressing vol down+end call (red button) +power button in the same time and hold them until a blue screen shows up.tell me here if it showed it.I'll check in a while.tell me if you didn't fixed ur phone!

Here it is: http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/d...R001C00B282.zip

If you can't find it go here: http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCen...20&treeId=0 And download the first u8220-6 u see.but its chinese rom.I hope it will work then after that search to modaco for modifications;)

EDIT: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

THIS YOU CAN CHECK IT ONCE.YOU CAN LEARN A LOT A LOT OF THINGS.

Edited by jeddy1

Guest margariins
Well there is the Ultimate pulse owners guide where you can start but do not flash roms. Listen turn your phone pressing vol down+end call (red button) +power button in the same time and hold them until a blue screen shows up.tell me here if it showed it.I'll check in a while.tell me if you didn't fixed ur phone!

Fastboot works.

I downloaded U82206V100R001C00B280SP01.zip found it in a thread in this forum. Tried installing it in upgrade mode, update failed before installation.

I studied all through the GUIDE, it was helpful, but two aspects.

1. section "removing all traces" has this "Please note that this portion of the Guide can be used for any Pulse based Version. (U8220, U8220-6, U8230)"

which isn't really true, 'cause 2.1 t-mobile update does not work for mine u8220-6

2. software is nowhere to be found when concerning u8220-6, even huawei homepage (english version, chinese version has some)

Situation:

It is possible to get fastboot (blue) screen and upgrade mode (so it's not bricked all the way)

When starting, is shows t-mobile screen (used to be huawei, but that changed after I put 2.1 pulse stuff in ugprade mode)

Then it just halts at t-mobile, unable to get any further

I know the steps, but I need some software, as the phone was new and wasn't working, I don 't have any backup or any Amon ra/nandroid or anything at all.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Now my aim is to get it factory deafault, no extras some sort of ascetic environment :( Is that possible?

Edited by margariins

Guest El Nino9
Fastboot works.

please read this.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...covery-2-5-0-4/

it is a recovery for the pulse. you say fastboot works. as you have flashed the uk 2.1 you are more then able try a custom rom after flashing the custom recovery using fastboot.

there is NO way that I know off you restoring to factory as i have never had a non branded pulse, so in terms i have not bothered looking for that info.

first boot into fastboot and install the above mentioned. if you get that far then you can play around in recovery, i.e. wipe the phone and try install a cyanogen rom.

i beleive it is easy to get rid of the tmobile logo but you need to check what partition the splash screen is at.

again for now 1 thing at a time before going in too much detail. try the above and give feedback

Guest margariins
Here it is: http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/d...R001C00B282.zip

If you can't find it go here: http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCen...20&treeId=0 And download the first u8220-6 u see.but its chinese rom.I hope it will work then after that search to modaco for modifications;)

EDIT: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

THIS YOU CAN CHECK IT ONCE.YOU CAN LEARN A LOT A LOT OF THINGS.

Thaks for the link. I tried the first link, flashed it to my huawei, it's android 2.1, finally something that works, the only problem - crashes in approx. 10 sec B) first few moments I am able to search through menus, touchscreen and sounds work, and then it crashes, sometimes reboots, sometimes freezes.

At least it's not bricked :unsure: so thanks for links, I'll keep searching!

Guest jeddy1
Thaks for the link. I tried the first link, flashed it to my huawei, it's android 2.1, finally something that works, the only problem - crashes in approx. 10 sec B) first few moments I am able to search through menus, touchscreen and sounds work, and then it crashes, sometimes reboots, sometimes freezes.

At least it's not bricked :unsure: so thanks for links, I'll keep searching!

Welcome:).I'm glad to help. By the way you can flash recovery via fastboot then install other custom roms which are stable.