28/Mar [GUIDE] Update to Unlock 256MB Devices to 512MB [GEN1]

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi

My device was bought in UK last December, OLED. The specifications leaflet says it has 512 MB of ROM. But when I check the device's current memory through SmartBar app it shows: 208.12M, Free 70.87M. Is this normal for UK-bought phones which are supposed to have 512 M, or do I have a lock or something? Thanks..

I think you are looking at the wrong value.

Reread the first post again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geezerone

Need to check but have a sneaky suspicion my UK TFT version is 256MB. Any reason why only half is configured addressable and any other implications by applying this fix? Are all San Franciscos 512MB and any way to tell if it is one of the phones to be avoided from menu etc?

Thanks.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Need to check but have a sneaky suspicion my UK TFT version is 256MB. Any reason why only half is configured addressable and any other implications by applying this fix? Are all San Franciscos 512MB and any way to tell if it is one of the phones to be avoided from menu etc?

Thanks.

None of the UK phones have 256MB RAM

They have about that space in /Data

Guest tttonyyy

Tried this TPT image on a blade with blocked fastboot (Orange B10 ROM), can confirm that fastboot works once this is complete. :huh:

(Also no need to redo the network unlock)

Edited by tttonyyy

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi guys. I tried the tutorial on the greek blade and now it is stuck in the green android screen.

Help, please!!!!

Which TPT did you flash?

Did you check the MD5 when you downloaded the ZIP - can you check it and re-put the /image files back onto the SDCARD and try again

Which TPT did you flash?

Did you check the MD5 when you downloaded the ZIP - can you check it and re-put the /image files back onto the SDCARD and try again

The one from this post.

I checked it. So now I should remove the battery and retry?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Guest StevenHarperUK
The one from this post.

I checked it. So now I should remove the battery and retry?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes re-try it.

Otherwise pick a TPT with clockwork on it and use clockwork to flash a new ROM of your choice

Guest southpaw1

Hi Ste , i have a brand new s.f and fastboot wont work , i prefer to use fastboot for installing custom roms as i am familiar with the method , therefore i have established i need to do a tpt to allow fastboot to work , can i use the download from this post (Update to Unlock 256MB Devices to 512MB), just as a stepping stone to get fastboot to work , so i can install clockwork then my chosen rom ?

many thanks

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi Ste , i have a brand new s.f and fastboot wont work , i prefer to use fastboot for installing custom roms as i am familiar with the method , therefore i have established i need to do a tpt to allow fastboot to work , can i use the download from this post (Update to Unlock 256MB Devices to 512MB), just as a stepping stone to get fastboot to work , so i can install clockwork then my chosen rom ?

many thanks

Yes this method will work - you could use the TTP with clockwork on it already (older version need to update it after) http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...01-05-oled-tft/

Or you could just Superuser and use Recovery Manager.

Guest StevenHarperUK
When I update and it is in hungarian will fastboot be in english?

Fastboot is a mode for doing low level stuff to the phone : it is always in English

You will be asked when the ROM boots what language you want android in

Guest ThermalDroid

Okay So I jyst want to check I have got this right before I do something wrong:

-The device is rooted using universal androot.

-Clockwork is installed.

-Hungarian update is on SD.

-Reboot phone into clockwork.

-I install it using clockwork

-Then using superuser that I got from universal androot I install Japjelly.

Is that correct or have I missed/added any steps?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Okay So I jyst want to check I have got this right before I do something wrong:

-The device is rooted using universal androot.

-Clockwork is installed.

-Hungarian update is on SD.

-Reboot phone into clockwork.

-I install it using clockwork

-Then using superuser that I got from universal androot I install Japjelly.

Is that correct or have I missed/added any steps?

The TPT can only be installed using the 3 Key COMBO - see instructions. (not in Clockwork)

The TPT will leave your phone with

Stock Recovery

Stock Hungarian ROM

After this you need to treat the phone like a brand new device and re-install clockwork

After that you just install the ROM you want

Guest ThermalDroid

Is there a large visible change in the speed? i have seen videos of this after it been unlocked and it looks the same.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Is there a large visible change in the speed? i have seen videos of this after it been unlocked and it looks the same.

From the 2.1 ROM to a 2.2 ROM there is a Large increase in speed.

From 2.2 to 2.3 there is another slight increase, but for me 2.2 is the most ready for every day use.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sambartle
Tried this TPT image on a blade with blocked fastboot (Orange B10 ROM), can confirm that fastboot works once this is complete. :D

(Also no need to redo the network unlock)

Is it recommended to do this to a B10 phone?

I don't mean is it safe to flash.. I mean does it provide a safety net in case you do something stupid in the future and need fastboot to get back out of that situation? Or is the blade pretty safe just having a decent recovery so theres no need to get fastboot working?

What's everyone's thoughts?