HELP - Streak won't start!!

Guest T_r_i_s

Guest notacake

I'm having similar problems, except I can't get it to power on in any mode, whether I have the battery in or out, connected to PC or to mains. This is actually my 3rd Streak, #1 had a component burn out (which I'll get to in a second), and #2 kept overheating and restarting/turning itself off.

I think #3 has died because I (foolishly) connected it to the car charger that may have been responsible for the death of #1 (although in my defence I did check out the car charger and couldn't find anything wrong with it). It wouldn't charge from the car charger, however when I disconnected it to charge it when I got home, it did still keep coming up with the empty battery screen. When I got home and put it on charge it flashed up the soft keys for a second, then they went out. Now I'm not getting anything from it at all.

I have a feeling the phone is dead, but if anyone has any suggestions, please advise. Some more things I've checked: battery voltage is 0, voltage on battery terminals when I've got the phone plugged in is 2.8mV (sounds like the charging IC is blown), currently searching for a similar battery to try jump starting it (but with it not powering from USB I'm not hopeful), and I've completely tore down the USB cable to make sure it's all working end-to-end.

Guest brokenpixel
I'm having similar problems, except I can't get it to power on in any mode, whether I have the battery in or out, connected to PC or to mains. This is actually my 3rd Streak, #1 had a component burn out (which I'll get to in a second), and #2 kept overheating and restarting/turning itself off.

I think #3 has died because I (foolishly) connected it to the car charger that may have been responsible for the death of #1 (although in my defence I did check out the car charger and couldn't find anything wrong with it). It wouldn't charge from the car charger, however when I disconnected it to charge it when I got home, it did still keep coming up with the empty battery screen. When I got home and put it on charge it flashed up the soft keys for a second, then they went out. Now I'm not getting anything from it at all.

I have a feeling the phone is dead, but if anyone has any suggestions, please advise. Some more things I've checked: battery voltage is 0, voltage on battery terminals when I've got the phone plugged in is 2.8mV (sounds like the charging IC is blown), currently searching for a similar battery to try jump starting it (but with it not powering from USB I'm not hopeful), and I've completely tore down the USB cable to make sure it's all working end-to-end.

I had that problem, still have, probably will never get it fix, so I bought a second battery and a desktop charger, problem solved, I use the USB cord to run ADB if needed, I also bought the Slacker G2 dock thinking it might work, but didn't, at the end I'm quite happy I got a second batt, I don't have to be "pluged in" charging for 2 hours.

Other option i was considering was getting a Mugen 4800mah battery and I can forget about charging for a few days, but then that battery will probably take ages to fully charge... normal battery takes 4hours on my desktop charger, I know takes longer, but don't really care since I have 2 batteris.

• 2 months later...
Guest SajiB_DROID
HI

I HAVE THE EXACT PROBLEM (MY STREAK HAS NO 1 DAY IN USE :rolleyes: ), NO SAFE MODE, NO RECOVERY MODE, ONLY FASTBOOT MODE, I TRY WITH THE MMI-BB TEST AND AT THE END THE SCREEN GOES WHITE AND DO NOTHING.

ON THE OPTION 09 (USB/AC CHARGER) THE VALUES ARE OUT OF RANGE, FOR EXAMPLE:

BATTERY-VOLTSGE = 4360 mV

CHARGE STATE: 43690 %

TEMPERATURE: 4095.85°C

AND NO CHARGER DETECTED MESSAGE

WHAT THIS MEANS? THE BATTERY IS FRIED OR MAYBE A HARDWARE PROBLEM.

WHAT ELSE CAN I :) DO? THANKS

hi... i have the same problem now. did u fix ur streak? if yea pls share how u did. thanx.

• 3 months later...

plz help me last night i trun my streak in engineering mode.but its struck i put out my streak battry and inser battry again then power on but nothing happend streak look like dead. sad.gif

I think I'm having a similar problem, at least in terms of the car charger.

I started carrying around my AC/DC power convertor with a USB port and charged my phone the past week like that. Well yesterday the phone started doing a looping reset about every few min or so, I figured it was an App update or something and I would have to re-image(DJ_Steve_1.9) I believe. I get home and the phone will not turn on unless it's plugged into the PC...it powers off at the Dell logo, it powers off at the Clockwork recovery console, I can get into Fastboot rarely.

Well today everytime I try and power up it says my battery is either not there or it's charging, but won't give me any other screen. I take the battery out and one of the little gold connectors literally has a burn mark or hole in it at the contact point, like it was melted thru. So I'm hoping that it's just a faulty battery and I won't have to re-image.

And of course to make things worse I get out my cheap little 'back-up' Samsung flip phone and it isn't working either! It will only stay powered on for a few minutes with the SIM card in, if I take the SIM out it's fine. I didn't really think SIM cards could go 'bad' but I guess they do, and that might fix a few issues I've been having with the Streak as well.

• 1 year later...