Disable USSD ?

Guest naxuu

Is there any way to disable ussd ? It is very annoying because everytime when i send sms, make call or disable data connection that ussd screen (see attachment pic) will popout. Earlier i have HTC Touch HD (windows mobile) and that i just can disable ussd screen via register hack.

post-507925-1293583036_thumb.png

Isn't this to do with your network provider?

I used to get a message from o2 after every sms message I sent showing me my balance, I emailed them and asked them to stop it and they did.

Or am I thinking of something completely different?

Obviously USSD messages are operator specific, but there must be some way to disable them on the phone, which is what naxuu is asking.

Sorry, I can't help you - my operator doesn't use them, but if I was on o2 I would definitely be looking for a way to disable them.

Guest theInquisitor

This is not a USSD-message, but a FlashSMS sent by your operator which only your operator can disable. USSD-messages can't be pushed from the network, but require a USSD-request (dialing *123# or sth. similar).

This is not a USSD-message, but a FlashSMS sent by your operator which only your operator can disable. USSD-messages can't be pushed from the network, but require a USSD-request (dialing *123# or sth. similar).

Sorry but this is a USSD message, i get same popup screen if i dial *100# (this check my "account" balance). i am sure that there is a way to disable those popups. if there is no another way i have get phone.apk source and comment out all lines wich are related to ussd. (and brick my phone :( )

I also call operator and they tell me that there is nothing they can do. This ussd situation drive me mad ;) im allready think change back to windows mobile phones.

Edited by naxuu

Guest theInquisitor
Sorry but this is a USSD message, i get same popup screen if i dial *100# (this check my "account" balance).
No, this is definitely not a USSD-message. USSD service can only be triggered by the handset, and not pushed from the network. The fact, that you get the same message when requesting *100#, doesn't change the technical nature of these messages, which are so-called flashSMS or class-0-SMS.

i am sure that there is a way to disable those popups. if there is no another way i have get phone.apk source and comment out all lines wich are related to ussd. (and brick my phone :( )
Probably there is a way, but you should look for how to disable flashSMS or class-0-SMS and not how to disable USSD, as this won't solve your problem.

• 5 years later...
Guest 24x7analytics
On 12/29/2010 at 6:07 AM, naxuu said:

Is there any way to disable ussd ? It is very annoying because everytime when i send sms, make call or disable data connection that ussd screen (see attachment pic) will popout. Earlier i have HTC Touch HD (windows mobile) and that i just can disable ussd screen via register hack.

screenshot_2.png

USSD Box does help in removing annoying messages sent from your Mobile Network Operator. 

No root required and supports Marshmallow as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.web_opia.ussdcontroller