[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest fonix232

Okay, I'm asking the big-head devs now!

So please, if you don't know what is (Status 0) in recovery, or how to fix a broken update.zip,

DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR TRY TO FLASH THIS!

You've been warned!

So, I've dropped together a test port based on TheBundle 1.1.14. But it's not working, it fails to flash with the message

E: Error in /sdcard/rom/BladeBundle.zip

(Status 0)

What can be the problem?

The file will be available soon HERE.

Edited by fonix232

Guest fonix232
Okay, I'm asking the big-head devs now!

So please, if you don't know what is (Status 0) in recovery, or how to fix a broken update.zip,

DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR TRY TO FLASH THIS!

You've been warned!

So, I've dropped together a test port based on TheBundle 1.1.14. But it's not working, it fails to flash with the message

E: Error in /sdcard/rom/BladeBundle.zip

(Status 0)

What can be the problem?

The file will is available HERE.

Guest fonix232
What modifications have you made to the ROM?

Flibble's kernel, swapped RIL and libsurfaceflinger, replaced hw drivers and kernel modules, some blade-specific modifications to build.prop, and some updater-script extensions/cutoffs.

Also integrated the english package so no two-run copy :P

what recovery are you using to flash this rom?

I had that problem in my old htc tattoo and when I changed the recovery it worked

PS: I have also found that fixing permissions can solve this problem

Edited by mannas

Guest Russell Crawford

I had that problem in my old htc tattoo and when I changed the recovery it worked

I tried it on the modded clockworkmod that was posted in the cyanogenmod thread and got the error...

Guest fonix232

I had various problems, Status 6, Status 7, Status 0, Status 3, rebuilt the whole stuff a lot of times.

Guest Matty-p
Flibble's kernel, swapped RIL and libsurfaceflinger, replaced hw drivers and kernel modules, some blade-specific modifications to build.prop, and some updater-script extensions/cutoffs.

Also integrated the english package so no two-run copy :P

haven't looked but it is almost certianly the kernal wait a minuit and ill do a kernal for you to try with it .

Status 0 sometimes means that recovery can't read .zip file. Verify that you have compressed it correctly (ex. don't use lzma compression in newer versions of winzip).

Edited by MDCFan

Guest Matty-p
Status 0 sometimes means that recovery can't read .zip file. Verify that you have compressed it correctly (ex. don't use lzma compression in newer versions of winzip).

true.

oh fonix or whoever else ive attched two kernels for you to try. try them both i only chucked them together really quickly so may not work yet and may still need tweaking but please try them anyway. the two in the zip are very similar they only have a couple of things changed the one directly attched i.e outside the zip is probably the most likely to work

kernels_and_stuff_miui_fonix.zip

boot.img

in Amon RA recovery I have different error

E:missing file:

system/lib/modules/2.6.35.9/modules.dep.bin

PS: without verification I have the same error from before

Edited by mannas

Guest Russell Crawford
thanks will download and have a look

I am downloading the original bundle zip from xda and I will add the lib and hopefully we can get this to boot :P

Guest Matty-p
I am downloading the original bundle zip from xda and I will add the lib and hopefully we can get this to boot :P

once it is booted it should eb a matter of days till we have a golden master (fixed)

Guest Russell Crawford
once it is booted it should eb a matter of days till we have a golden master (fixed)

Still gives Error 0 in clockworkmod I'm going to try it it Amon RA

Guest Russell Crawford
have you swapped it over yet

I have installed Amon RA and the rom is currently installing without any errors! :P

EDIT: IT JUST FAILED AGAIN :D

Edited by Russell Crawford

I have installed Amon RA and the rom is currently installing without any errors! :P

EDIT: IT JUST FAILED AGAIN :D

lol for a minute there i thought someone got it working !

Guest Russell Crawford
so was it based on fonixes ?

Based on fonixes with your kernel. Recovery says zip isnt signed correctly, I signed it but still giving the error

Based on fonixes with your kernel. Recovery says zip isnt signed correctly, I signed it but still giving the error

if you are on amon ra togle verification off

Guest Russell Crawford
Come on guys dont give up, i wish i could help but im a complete noob :D

I'm still trying with other recoveries and settings... If I get it to install I'll let you know :P