01/Feb r3: USB Mode (host / slave switcher)

Guest PaulOBrien

usbmode1.png

usbmode2.png

The USB mode switcher is now part of my MoDaCo Custom ROM - I recommend that you use it as part of this ROM. :(

As promised, here's my 'USB Mode' switcher application (for switching between host / slave modes), which will be included in the r6 addon pack. Nothing too fancy, but it does the job. ;)

Use at your own risk, backup before use etc. etc. blah blah disclaimer disclaimer. ;)

Note: Due to how this works, it will overwrite your kernel with my custom kernel.

• r3 DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: b13c86264ffa2fb50bdd81912a7aeb74

P.S. I'll be posting the source for this on my GitHub when I've tidied it up a little. ;)

Changelog

r3
    • Now using MCK r2!
    • Slave / Host mode is indicated in Settings -> About
    • The /misc is no longer mounted in the ramdisk (BSOD fix)

r1

[*]Initial Release

Guest rvdgeer

Will try immediately! :(

Will it need a reboot after switching?

EDIT: Duh!! Screenshot tells it needs a reboot...

EDIT2: Forgot to thank you, so: THANK YOU, PAUL!

Edited by rvdgeer

Ive tried downloading it again, used package installer and astro to try and open it and no luck, how did you install it?

Copied the apk over via usb to the microsd card.

Edit is there now a way to safely remove USB keys I removed it just by unplugging and it came up with Remove1 much better than the weird grey screen problem with GScript work round, GREAT!

Well done Paul, appreciated.

Edited by remlap

Ok I had to download the file from my PC for some reason. Copied it over and works a treat, thanks Paul much appreciated.

(edited got it woking now)

Edited by marind

Guest trevor432990
Is this instead of the other mod or in conjunction.

Not sure what to with it :(

Steve

Good question which I hope Paul or one of our fellow members could answer please ??? i.e. can we un-install Gscript once we have installed Pauls mod?

Good question which I hope Paul or one of our fellow members could answer please ??? i.e. can we un-install Gscript once we have installed Pauls mod?

This is how I went

Used GScript to set the Vega back to USB Slave first.

Deleted the two scripts, and unistalled GScript.

Rebooted, made sure I was in USB Slave mode by connecting to PC, transferred apk over with USB, installed APK, selected USB Host and it rebooted itself fine. Checked USB key with file on it.

Guest landofhopeandglory

Downloaded on to sd card from computor.

Put card back in Vega yet the file doesn't even appear on it! ;)

Then tried to put downloaded file on PC desktop, attached USB to Vega enabled USB file transfer>transfered file across and.........again no sign of the file on the Vega SD card nor any little USB icon in apps...

Great news that Paul has done it and it works....as usual any help for me (the most brain cell challenged on here) much appreciated :(

Guest trevor432990

After the update mouse is working showing USB Host operating OK but when I load USB Memory Stick it doesn't show any files in /usbdisk or am I looking in wrong place (it's been a while since I tried) ?

Edited by trevor432990

Guest trevor432990
Downloaded on to sd card from computor.

Put card back in Vega yet the file doesn't even appear on it! ;)

Then tried to put downloaded file on PC desktop, attached USB to Vega enabled USB file transfer>transfered file across and.........again no sign of the file on the Vega SD card nor any little USB icon in apps...

Great news that Paul has done it and it works....as usual any help for me (the most brain cell challenged on here) much appreciated :(

The filename seems to get truncated a bit (this threw me too) .... look for one called com.modaco... in the folder you copied it to then click on it and it should show you the vegasusb.... file as mentioned in Paul's notes then click on install

After the update mouse is working showing USB Host operating OK but when I load USB Memory Stick it doesn't show any files in /usbdevice or am I looking in wrong place (it's been a while since I tried) ?

In file manager there is a new icon and its contents appears under /mnt/usb/system_usb.

I have noticed that the device is jerky in host mode, nothing scrolls smoothly! WEIRD......

Swapping back to slave appears to fix the scroll.

Guest trevor432990
In file manager there is a new icon and its contents appears under /mnt/usb/system_usb.

I have noticed that the device is jerky in host mode, nothing scrolls smoothly! WEIRD......

Swapping back to slave appears to fix the scroll.

Thanks for navigating me to the right path Ptbw it's not very logical really but will try and remember that in future. Not noticed it being jerky yet but system seems a little fragile right now (apps disappear then reappear after reboot very strange). Titanium Backup is now asking me to switch USB Debugging on which I don't recall it doing before and as USB cable is not connected I don't know why it is.

Edited by trevor432990