Steve's Froyo 1.5.1 or Official AT&T 2.2?

Guest Roperband

Guest Roperband

I can wait for the official update to AT&T Streaks, but I see many people who prefer 1.5.1 to O2's 2.2. Will AT&T's 2.2 be the same as O2's? Could it possibly be better? And, if I do wait for the official update, will I be able to then flash to 1.5.1 if I don't like it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Roperband

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
I can wait for the official update to AT&T Streaks, but I see many people who prefer 1.5.1 to O2's 2.2. Will AT&T's 2.2 be the same as O2's? Could it possibly be better? And, if I do wait for the official update, will I be able to then flash to 1.5.1 if I don't like it?

Thanks in advance.

I think u should just have steves. Its bloody good.

I think u should just have steves. Its bloody good.

v 318 and v 319 are very stable and more stable than steves rom. Not a single issue to be pointed out. The difference is becoz steves rom is based on the older kernel . Steve is waiting for the latest kernel ( based on 318 or 319 ) to be released by dell so that he can cook based on that.

If u r not concerned with quadrant speed numbers , both are as fast or faster than steve s 1.5.1 . In real life usage i have not found any difference.

Edit : i use 319 on my att streak ( i find that 319 is a little better than 318 )

Edited by Gopu

Guest Roperband
v 318 and v 319 are very stable and more stable than steves rom. Not a single issue to be pointed out. The difference is becoz steves rom is based on the older kernel . Steve is waiting for the latest kernel ( based on 318 or 319 ) to be released by dell so that he can cook based on that.

If u r not concerned with quadrant speed numbers , both are as fast or faster than steve s 1.5.1 . In real life usage i have not found any difference.

Edit : i use 319 on my att streak ( i find that 319 is a little better than 318 )

Can I ask what you mean by "stable?" And what are quadrant speed numbers? How are the official roms faster? Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask what you mean by "stable?" And what are quadrant speed numbers? How are the official roms faster? Thanks for the reply.

I've tried both and BOTH ROMs are stable..

for me, I'm using Stephen's ROM 1.5.1 because the GPS picks me up instantly on his ROM than the Dell Official 318.

(edit: My chart didn't display right)

Stephen's ROM:

-GPS works perfect

-Front Facing camera works via Fring

-Custom ROM

Dell 318

- GPS took 1 minute to find my location

- I'm unsure about the Front Facing Camera on Fring for this one

- Official ROM... meaning, "Warranty-approved"

One major advantage IMO... Stephen WILL have Gingerbread, Honecomb, or whatever, sooner than Dell will. The moment it comes out, you can GUARANTEE you can easily flash it over his custom Froyo ROM. If you're on Dell official, either you wait, or you can be the Guinea Pig for others using Official ROM.

and on side note, you can PM Stephen and say "Stephen, would it be possible for you to add this... remove that..." and you'll have a 50\50 chance it will make it to the new ROM.

With the Official ROM however, you'll have a better chance at emailing Santa Claus with your change requests. :(

Dont worry too much about the quadrant scores, in comparison of both ROMs, their numbers are almost identical. But for daily use, you wont even notice a difference.

Edited by Cue_32

Guest Roperband
I've tried both and BOTH ROMs are stable..

for me, I'm using Stephen's ROM 1.5.1 because the GPS picks me up instantly on his ROM than the Dell Official 318.

(edit: My chart didn't display right)

Stephen's ROM:

-GPS works perfect

-Front Facing camera works via Fring

-Custom ROM

Dell 318

- GPS took 1 minute to find my location

- I'm unsure about the Front Facing Camera on Fring for this one

- Official ROM... meaning, "Warranty-approved"

One major advantage IMO... Stephen WILL have Gingerbread, Honecomb, or whatever, sooner than Dell will. The moment it comes out, you can GUARANTEE you can easily flash it over his custom Froyo ROM. If you're on Dell official, either you wait, or you can be the Guinea Pig for others using Official ROM.

and on side note, you can PM Stephen and say "Stephen, would it be possible for you to add this... remove that..." and you'll have a 50\50 chance it will make it to the new ROM.

With the Official ROM however, you'll have a better chance at emailing Santa Claus with your change requests. :(

Dont worry too much about the quadrant scores, in comparison of both ROMs, their numbers are almost identical. But for daily use, you wont even notice a difference.

So just to confirm, the official AT&T update (date tbd), will definitely be 318 or 319? And when you say stable, you're referring to the software shutting down or lagging?

Edited by Roperband

So just to confirm, the official AT&T update (date tbd), will definitely be 318 or 319? And when you say stable, you're referring to the software shutting down or lagging?

att update will have someother numbers.

318- eu 00 version phones

319 - O2 phones

stable means some force closes and some infrequent errors in settings.

I have not seen any phone reboots yet.