san francisco disable 3g?

Guest codo6

Hi

My son has got a new san francisco for xmas. He is already on orange so he doesnt need to do any unlocking. Only trouble is as many here have experienced wifi is switching off periodically, this in itself is not a major problem, he justs reconnects when he notices. The problem is when he doesnt notice the phone is connecting to the internet via 3G. He has used his orange 100mb free internet usage (not alot I know) and £6 of his credit. Is there anyway of disabling the phone from connecting through 3g and only allowing internet access through wifi.

I have read some other posts here (they are a god send) and will download the app recommended to try and keep wifi active and also change the wifi settings "not to sleep" to see if this helps.

Thanks in advance

Guest bigwall1
Hi

My son has got a new san francisco for xmas. He is already on orange so he doesnt need to do any unlocking. Only trouble is as many here have experienced wifi is switching off periodically, this in itself is not a major problem, he justs reconnects when he notices. The problem is when he doesnt notice the phone is connecting to the internet via 3G. He has used his orange 100mb free internet usage (not alot I know) and £6 of his credit. Is there anyway of disabling the phone from connecting through 3g and only allowing internet access through wifi.

I have read some other posts here (they are a god send) and will download the app recommended to try and keep wifi active and also change the wifi settings "not to sleep" to see if this helps.

Thanks in advance

hi,im a newbie myself and running a modified rom but i think you should still have access to these settings...

menu...settings...wireless and networks...mobile networks...data enabled...

turn data on and off when required i.e diable/enable

hope this helps cliff

hopethis helps cliff...