FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest wishmasterf
One thing i noticed.

The font you use for RDS texts dont support the swedish letters åäö.

i found some bug, hope they get fixed some time:

• if i turn off the radio with the button right and turn on again it shows tha last frequenz but seem to be at 87.5Mhz
    where is no radio station here.
  • if i i go back with the back key of the mobile phone and reopen the radio the loundness get reduced to half.
  • The Radio isnt shown anymore in the android notification ( it seems to be only if the rds isnt loaded and shows loading....)

Thanks for that great app!

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Per Åkesson
Regarding CM7 the team are first going to get the stock radio app working fine. Once that works then andorkos patches will be tested and added. Might be nice to see if RDS can be added to other devices that have compatible chipsets.

I tested both the RDS radio and the stock radio on Japanese Jellyfish RLS9.

The biggest problem is that the volume buttons don't worm once the screen is turned off.

Thus you must unlock the screen to adjust volume.

Known issue?

My issue is that if the phone rings while radio is playing, you cannot hear the ring in the headphones. In this situation I think the ring tone should be heard only in headphones.

And another think with the RDS is that it does not scroll the whole text, only a fragment, for example there was some text and a phone number scrolling back and forth, but only the first 3 numbers were seen from the phone number. And of course special characters are not shown like ä,ö.

I am using FBL 9b.

Guest wishmasterf
I tested both the RDS radio and the stock radio on Japanese Jellyfish RLS9.

The biggest problem is that the volume buttons don't worm once the screen is turned off.

Thus you must unlock the screen to adjust volume.

Known issue?

How do you get the stock radio running? i can hear radio 10 second then the apps tells me that the radio reception is to low. i know that the stock radio is very simple, but i would like to get i running. There is no reason for that ;-)

EDIT: Ok it seem there is a problem with stock radio an skype....

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Per Åkesson
you cannot hear the ring in the headphones. In this situation I think the ring tone should be heard only in headphones.

And another think with the RDS is that it does not scroll the whole text, only a fragment, for example there was some text and a phone number scrolling back and forth, but only the first 3 numbers were seen from the phone number. And of course special characters are not shown like ä,ö.

I am using FBL 9b.

That was the case in 2.1, in 2.2 (Japanese Jellyfish 9) ringtones are in headphones.

The RDS scroll problem is due to too large font I think.

Guest PeaNut_HU

This is a little offtopic, but technically i hope the OP can answer.

Could the RDS support mean, that in the future we could also use navigation programs which can use TMC information for navigation on handsets with this modified kernel ?

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Man radio is good but it doesn't have sleep timer

i hv dell xcd35 and the preloaded radio had a sleep timer.

it wud be gr8 if u added that feature

Guest Smudger0805

Great app Andorko. Will you be looking into the high battery drain people including me have experienced when using the rds kernel and radio? The does not appear to go to sleep after the radio has been used, even if the radio is closed using task manager. It has been reported for Fibblesan's rom and JJ9. Thanks!

Guest andorko
Great app Andorko. Will you be looking into the high battery drain people including me have experienced when using the rds kernel and radio? The does not appear to go to sleep after the radio has been used, even if the radio is closed using task manager. It has been reported for Fibblesan's rom and JJ9. Thanks!

I can imagine that the rds radio is using more battery even if it is in background, but it shouldn'd use the cpu when it is turned off.

You can see the modifications source , and tell me if i have done something wrong.

Guest oh!dougal

Rather than using a task killer, why not just switch off the radio?

It does need to be properly switched off with the on-screen button.

And when the radio is switched on, you don't want the phone to go to sleep (cos that would stop you listening to it), just the screen.

Leave the phone like that and it will use the battery much faster than if it was in proper sleep.

Maybe it would be helpful to have some clear visual reminder that the radio is running - something colourful on the Notification bar perhaps?

Should the Radio app quit completely, all by itself, if/when the headhone is unplugged? (Maybe if it stays unplugged for 30 seconds?)

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest Smudger0805

I did switch off the radio using the on/off switch. The task killer was a last resort to try stop the high drain on the battery.

Rather than using a task killer, why not just switch off the radio?

It does need to be properly switched off with the on-screen button.

And when the radio is switched on, you don't want the phone to go to sleep (cos that would stop you listening to it), just the screen.

Leave the phone like that and it will use the battery much faster than if it was in proper sleep.

Maybe it would be helpful to have some clear visual reminder that the radio is running - something colourful on the Notification bar perhaps?

Should the Radio app quit completely, all by itself, if/when the headhone is unplugged? (Maybe if it stays unplugged for 30 seconds?)

Guest Don Martin
I did switch off the radio using the on/off switch. The task killer was a last resort to try stop the high drain on the battery.

Have the same problem. As soon as I have started the Radio app (using flb G2 Froyo r10b), the phone won't go into deep sleep until I forcedly close the radio app using the Task Manager. I see no way of closing the app in a different way? Switching off radio, sure, but the phone still won't go to sleep.

/Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WindyMiller

Great app, but still struggling to get the volume up, hardkeys as full volume, earphones full up and its still very low, any ideas?

Guest Sighn
Have the same problem. As soon as I have started the Radio app (using flb G2 Froyo r10b), the phone won't go into deep sleep until I forcedly close the radio app using the Task Manager. I see no way of closing the app in a different way? Switching off radio, sure, but the phone still won't go to sleep.

/Martin

Same problem I had when using the RDS versions of the FM Radio app in FLB r10b. Phone would never sleep and, therefore, drained battery life.

With r11b, usage of the Radios on-screen interface (fiddling with the volume for example) causes the screen to become unresponsive. Screen has to be turned off and on again (power button) to regain normal operation.

Same problem I had when using the RDS versions of the FM Radio app in FLB r10b. Phone would never sleep and, therefore, drained battery life.

With r11b, usage of the Radios on-screen interface (fiddling with the volume for example) causes the screen to become unresponsive. Screen has to be turned off and on again (power button) to regain normal operation.

totally correct mine too became unresponsive :D u have to lock and then unlock the screen to make it work

here i am using the flb 11b

Edited by vthl

• 2 weeks later...
Great app, but still struggling to get the volume up, hardkeys as full volume, earphones full up and its still very low, any ideas?

Same for me. It is not possible to understand the speaker at the radio in the streets because the volume is to low....