FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest rayraven

^As for the volume control, instead of a slider, you should consider another knob, like the one used for the fine-tuning.

It could be placed vertically on the rightside inside the speaker grill image, which is at the top. You could also re-use the existing knob image, resized.

Sorry for trying to explain like this, would've made a mockup but am @ work and dont have access to any tools

Edited by rayraven

Guest rayraven
I tried using buttons that are already in the APK, hasn't come out quite as I expected but close enough..

Edit - A couple of borrowed files and an XML edit later and it's looking better (least in portrait, prolly go to s*** in land lol).

That's nice, dont think the app does landscape, so no issue there :(

Guest fonix232
No they aren't. Nobody made me buttons.

Just an idea, but what about making the knob work as in real-life, so a full spin wouldn't just move 0.1MHz, but it would me the bar really fast (and also would switch between freqs really fast), and then, slow rotation to fine-tune it :(

Guest droidvirgin

Hi Andorko,

Thanks for this radio it works perfectly on jap jelly fish.

The sound through the loudspeaker would be great if it is possible.

I would like to thank all of the clever devs on Modaco who give so much of their time and effort bringing the community the froyo and other updates, I am sur i speak for many and would like to say a big thankyou to you all :(

Guest andorko
Just an idea, but what about making the knob work as in real-life, so a full spin wouldn't just move 0.1MHz, but it would me the bar really fast (and also would switch between freqs really fast), and then, slow rotation to fine-tune it :(

I think knob is slow because of tuning is a time consuming operation. It could be faster if it sets the frequency when you release the knob

Guest fonix232
I think knob is slow because of tuning is a time consuming operation. It could be faster if it sets the frequency when you release the knob

That's what I wanted to suggest. But I don't think so, because anyhow you rotate the knob, it will only step 0.1MHz :S

Also, may you publish your changes on github, or SVN, or any version control system?

Guest Simon O

andorko got to say... this app is fantastic. Works brilliantly. Paul needs to replace the non-working stock FM Radio app with this!

Edit: Only thing I don't like is the cyanogenmod style speaker. I replaced the images in the APK with the ones from this link and the app, imho, looks better.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest lordofangels
Nice idea. The MSM7227 supposively supports RDS.

I asked Paul this question ages ago,

didn't get a reply, then forgot all about it with the FM radio not working..

Would be great to have RDS with this..

Great work guys

Guest andorko
I asked Paul this question ages ago,

didn't get a reply, then forgot all about it with the FM radio not working..

Would be great to have RDS with this..

Great work guys

There is an si4708 FM driver in the the android. If ZTE guys are not too tricky then there is an si4708 FM chip in the blade, which is not RDS capable.

Guest Simon O
There is an si4708 FM driver in the the android. If ZTE guys are not too tricky then there is an si4708 FM chip in the blade, which is not RDS capable.

Oh :(

One thing I've noticed is that pressing the frequency number gives two selection boxes but it's not possible to manually select a frequency

Guest andorko
Oh ;)

One thing I've noticed is that pressing the frequency number gives two selection boxes but it's not possible to manually select a frequency

known "feature" :(

Edited by andorko

Guest lordofangels

Thanks for that, Shame, But your app is fantasic without it.

Guest oh!dougal

The si4708 has been known for some time

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1518509

and its the si4709 that is needed for RDS ... so please don't expect RDS!

In the absence of RDS, wouldn't it be nice to be able to type in a name as an alternate to display instead of the numeric frequency?