Touchflo 3D on an Omnia II I8000L

Guest Equiarch

Guest Equiarch

Hello All

I just purchased a Samsung Omnia II I8000L and although I like the phone a lot I recently became aware that it may be possible to upgrade the UI to Touchflo 3D. I was wondering if anyone here has done this or knows someone who has and if so could you possibly show me step by step how to do it? I would be greatful for any guidance. Thank You

Mario

• 1 month later...
Guest ThEGraVmaN

It can be added. I'm learning as I go too, though I'm looking at bigger things. tutorials seem to be in short supply. At the basic level you can find what you need. Lets say you want to know how to start messing with the factory programming in your phone. First learn to back it up. Also note that the phone part can not be read from the phone. You have an i8000L and that means that it is not the same as the i8000. Primarily that the information in the phone part is different and you can change the rest of it. The pda part (.nb0 or .mst files) for example.

My current goal is to chase information regarding the CSC section of the programing and I'm not finding anything noteworthy. I want to change the embedded default information. All that Bell info needs to go as it just never stops bugging me even when NoData (disables data connections) is disables it, tho it does reduce the problem. While I don't like the overall setup of the Energy ROMs, I will say that they ignore the CSC on the phone without removing it.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ium-cookie-2-0/

I figure this is a good place to start before getting into cooking actual ROMs except that I can't find anything other than it contains some regional information.

I can only recommend that you read a lot before you do anything.

Edited by ThEGraVmaN

• 2 weeks later...