Kik Messenger and No Lock

Guest frankquattrone

Guest frankquattrone

Do you use either of these programs? I like Kik over Whatsapp but I have a weird thing where I have to hit the text input box after every message I send. It's doesn't automatically give me the cursor in the text box to start typing my next message. This makes it really slow to send multiple messages one right after another. I'm not sure if it's a Streak problem, a 1.5.1 ROM problem or just my particular phone but it's not the program because my friend doesn't have this problem using Kik on his LG Optimus S.

Also, do you use and like No Lock? I installed it and I like the concept except that all the hardware buttons will activate the screen and not just the power/unlock button which causes a lot of accidental presses. I don't think this is the intended behavior but that's how it works on my Streak. Wish it worked with just the power button because that would be awesome. Actually, the best would be to replace the slide to unlock with a "press" to unlock. The screen is so big on the Streak that I have a hard time sliding it far enough when using one handed. I had something like that on my old iPhone where instead of the slider, there was just a button to tap to unlock the screen. I've looked everywhere but haven't found one.

Do you use either of these programs? I like Kik over Whatsapp but I have a weird thing where I have to hit the text input box after every message I send. It's doesn't automatically give me the cursor in the text box to start typing my next message. This makes it really slow to send multiple messages one right after another. I'm not sure if it's a Streak problem, a 1.5.1 ROM problem or just my particular phone but it's not the program because my friend doesn't have this problem using Kik on his LG Optimus S.

Also, do you use and like No Lock? I installed it and I like the concept except that all the hardware buttons will activate the screen and not just the power/unlock button which causes a lot of accidental presses. I don't think this is the intended behavior but that's how it works on my Streak. Wish it worked with just the power button because that would be awesome. Actually, the best would be to replace the slide to unlock with a "press" to unlock. The screen is so big on the Streak that I have a hard time sliding it far enough when using one handed. I had something like that on my old iPhone where instead of the slider, there was just a button to tap to unlock the screen. I've looked everywhere but haven't found one.

Widgetlocker app lets you customize your unlock screen to do that, add widgets, and more. it shows everything in portrait mode too