Update failed

Guest varelasaraiva

Guest varelasaraiva

Hello everyone,

I've been a happy user of CM6 on the pulse (U8220) but lately I had a problem with the market - Tweetdeck and Wolfram Alpha disappeared, at least - and I never got around to solve it. Today I tried going back to the T-Mobile UK 2.1 Rom but it failed at around 3/4s. I tried the time machine which worked well but when I tried to install the december update it failed at the same place.

The message is "Update failed" with fast blinking LEDs. I've tried many times the same process.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Edited by varelasaraiva

Guest jeddy1
Hello everyone,

I've been a happy user of CM6 on the pulse (U8220) but lately I had a problem with the market - Tweetdeck and Wolfram Alpha disappeared, at least - and I never got around to solve it. Today I tried going back to the T-Mobile UK 2.1 Rom but it failed at around 3/4s. I tried the time machine which worked well but when I tried to install the december update it failed at the same place.

The message is "Update failed" with fast blinking LEDs. I've tried many times the same process.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Flash 2.1 again or flash via fastboot the recovery image and install a rom

Guest varelasaraiva
Flash 2.1 again or flash via fastboot the recovery image and install a rom

Thanks for your reply. Anything I flash from Vol UP + Red button fails exactly at the same place. I've never lost the recovery which has been useful at least to mount USB. I suspect the memory got corrupted. I can install a ROM through recovery but installing GAPPS fails, possibly because it's trying to write where it's corrupted. Installing GAPPS never failed before.

Would formatting boot or system help in any way?

Many thanks