Hi to all again, some info/help needed

Guest eldhawke

Guest eldhawke

Hi again

I got my new phone and am proceeding with much more caution, all is ok so far.

i wanted to ask a few questions though.

at first i decided let me root my phone, first things first.

so i went to this guide within modaco

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/308515/how-to-root-phone-and-install-android-v-2-1/

i managed to get to step 2 and then experience a known problem

E: cant mount misc

and a few other errors, at this point i thought, no, i need to make a nand backup, so i did a fastboot and flashed clockwork, loaded into recovery mode, clockwork is working, made a nand backup and all ok, copied the nand so i am safe.

after that i proceeded to step 5 because the rest was ok, step 5 went ok, go to step 6 all ok, reboot, and its not 2.1 (no t-mobile logo) and its boot looping.

so, i thought fine, let me copy 1.5 without the dec update, then apply the dec update.

copy the "dload" (1.5) and go into update mode, loaded for a split second then failed update?

now, i was kinda annoyed, so i decided let me just try the 2.1 update, copy the "dload" (2.1), run update mode, it starts loading the files (the screen kinda went a bit funny with the half white and black lines, instantly i freaked out, but the phone was still loading the files)

got to the end of the update, and said failed?

so, i just turned it on, in hopes it would work..and it did!?

it says i have 2.1 and everything seems 2.1.

so, can i have some help on how to root from where i am without the random problems.

Edit : having 2.1 button shortcut problem

installed terminal, type su : pemission denied (so im obviously not root)

much thanks

:unsure:

Edited by eldhawke