T&L rom

Guest jlmb22

Guest jlmb22

I just see the message of Aux who speaked about T&L rom in the thread of ram optimizing .

I wanted share with you my first impression about this rom and I think it worth a new topic:

-very smooth

-fully customisable: nice choice of theme, android or acer UI,

-all hardware functionning (wifi, bluetooth, tether... all!!)

-no O/C (or at least i didn't find it!)

It's one of the best froyo custom rom I ever tried.

So here is their site : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=199557

The site is in russian, so use google translate if, like me, you don't speak this language.

PS: Thanks to Auxx to let us know about this rom.

Edited by jlmb22

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mik93250
I just see the message of Aux who speaked about T&L rom in the thread of ram optimizing .

I wanted share with you my first impression about this rom and I think it worth a new topic:

-very smooth

-fully customisable: nice choice of theme, android or acer UI,

-all hardware functionning (wifi, bluetooth, tether... all!!)

-no O/C (or at least i didn't find it!)

It's one of the best froyo custom rom I ever tried.

So here is their site : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=199557

The site is in russian, so use google translate if, like me, you don't speak this language.

PS: Thanks to Auxx to let us know about this rom.

Nowaday we try to do a gingerbread rom and not a froyo rom :unsure: the Roggin CM is very very fast so now we want a gingerbread rom fast like roggin CM and full HW working

Ok guys, few words about this ROM.

Main target of devs of this ROM was to create STABLE, FAST and CLEAN ROM, not the ROM with tons of functions which most of which you probably won't use. And it is not a port of something like MIUI or CM. There is nothing bad about ports but they aren't fully stable and well working (cm have serious stability issues experienced by some users and weird touchscreen glitches and miui still have troubles with sensors).

So don't blame devs if you won't see any unique or special functionality.

mik93250,

this was released long before 2.3 was released. And I am sure we won't get stable version of Gingebread in near future.

Guest jlmb22
Nowaday we try to do a gingerbread rom and not a froyo rom :unsure: the Roggin CM is very very fast so now we want a gingerbread rom fast like roggin CM and full HW working

Like you say, dev try to make a gingerbread rom. But untill this kind of rom would be released I found this rom was the better under froyo. Off course I find it not so speed as cm6 but more than LCR and froyometal and it has fully hardware working ( not as CM6 which has bluetooth problem for me )

The rom is in french and english ?

Not sure about french but english is included. In fact it includes all languages included in official Acer ROM, so I am pretty sure that french is also here.

I think the OC is possible via a kernel 4.002.14 with oc , I'll try that, maybe ... ^^

I would give a result :unsure:

It will work but may be glitchy.

Guest studjuice

good find! perhaps a detailed guide on the T&L rom, I find the site hard to understand with google translate. I figured out enough to flash the basic rom but not sure what the rest is

good find! perhaps a detailed guide on the T&L rom, I find the site hard to understand with google translate. I figured out enough to flash the basic rom but not sure what the rest is

It is basic stuff.

1) Flash 4.002.14

2) Flash T&L using MalezRecovery. No wipes or any actions needed. It will automatically do it.

Should I do full trasnlation of first post on 4pda?

Edited by nv0id

Guest mik93250
It is basic stuff.

1) Flash 4.002.14

2) Flash T&L using MalezRecovery. No wipes or any actions needed. It will automatically do it.

Should I do full trasnlation of first post on 4pda?

Yes, it's can be a good idea :unsure:

Guest jlmb22

I can't help you because I use google translate too.

Maybe a russian people could make us a comprehensive translation about the addons.

But even without that, the basic rom is very good.

Guest merirosvo

first impression is fluid, quick

it's a good rom, without additions, just the necessary quadrant 921 ( approximately like LCR but whith OC at 883MHz )

I Keep this rom : )

AWWW NO, FORMATING ON 4PDA IS DIFFERENT FROM FORMATING THERE. Sorry for ugly post look.

t_l3.gif

t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 ROM

post-190223-1293387137_thumb.pngpost-190223-1293387167_thumb.pngpost-190223-1293387177_thumb.png

post-190223-1293387189_thumb.png

post-190223-1293387219_thumb.png

post-190223-1293387236_thumb.png

post-190223-1293387243_thumb.png

- based on 4.002.14
- fully styled as Gingerbread
- Launcher2, DeskClockGoogle and LatinIME from 2.3
- and everything else you like in t&l[/codebox]

t&l_v0.3d.14 ROM - stock Launcher2 + Acer UI

t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 ROM - only stock Launcher2

!!!Live wallpapers FIX!!! - fixes broken Live Wallpapers functionality (LiveWallpapers.apk from 2.3 included)

post-190223-1291499657_thumb.png

here goes some screens but if you seen Acer UI you know what you will see

post-190223-1291501984_thumb.png

[codebox]
- based on 4.002.14
- unique function: all 14 Wi-Fi channels are open
- A-GPS tweak (sattelite discovery much faster now and location determination is more precise)
- battery with steps from 1% to 100%
- latest versions of programms that you can easily delete (ES File Explorer, Yandex.Maps (russian goolge if you want to know), QuickBoot, Adobe Flash Player)
- and everything else you like in t&l)

4.002.14 MODULES:

1. All deleted stock apps - can be installed via malez recovery or separately (extract wanted app from package and execute 'adb push ***.apk /system/app')

2. XT9

3. Remove Acer UI transparency

4. Metal camera

!!!Themes for t&l_v0.3d.14 are different from themes for t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 because they have AcerLauncher.apk modified for theme it belongs to. So if you don't use Acer UI you need themes for t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2!!!

Themes for t&l_v0.3d.14 (menu animation included for all themes except stock themes):

1. Green

2. Blue

3. Orange

4. Pink

5. Stock (black bar)

Themes for t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 (menu animation included for all themes except stock themes):

1. Green

2. Blue

3. Orange

4. Pink

5. White

6. Stock (black bar)

7. Stock (white bar)

post-190223-1291501720_thumb.pngpost-190223-1292022983_thumb.png

Gingerbread theme:

Black status bar:

Gingerbread

Gingerbread with flip animation

White status bar:

Gingerbread

Gingerbread with flip animation

post-190223-1292850076_thumb.png

post-190223-1292869740_thumb.png

Manual (I cleaned it up a little):

01. Make sure you have drivers installed

02. Install Acer Download Tool v3.10

03. Download 4.002.14 and flash it via Acer Tool v3.10 4.002.14

05. Copy t&l_v03d.14.zip or t&l_v03d.14_Lan2.zip or t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.14.zip into SD root

06. Install Malez Recovery v 0.6.1

07. Boot into malez recovery

08. Flash zip from sdcard

09. Choose t&l_v03d.14.zip or t&l_v03d.14_Lan2.zip

10. Flash it (guys, i don't remember if it can be flashed with sign check but don't worry and flash without sign ceck, everything will be perfect)

11. Reboot system

----Themes and modules can be flashed the same way via Malez recovery 0.6.1----

Here goes previous versions list, but well...

I will enhance this post shortly because it misses some links and needs few more clear explanations (some things are not stated in the posst on 4pda, for example I don't see any mention if flashing this firmware does root or not (and yes, it does)).

And I hope i did translation at least slightly better than Google does.

Edited by nv0id

Guest G_Technik
Maybe a russian people could make us a comprehensive translation about the addons.
I think we could ask lgcmn to translate it, cause he is one of the authors of these ROM :unsure:

Guest jayziac

Not sure if the speed is as fast as Metal Froyo (v2.5), which I've gotten quadrant scores of 900-1000 before (stock 768 Mhz). Has anyone done multiple quadrant score tests? (sometimes it goes up somewhat if run repeatedly, probably due to some operations being cached in memory and loads a bit faster).

Edited by jayziac