[Q] Can we increase Dell Streak Resolution

Guest Hothan Dao

Guest Hothan Dao

We all have known that DS has got 800x480 resolution. We also know that HD2 has the same res. Actually, HD2 is 4.3 inches one. imho, I think both these devices have got same screen technology. So can we increase resolution of Dell Streak, to [800x400]*5/4.3?

Please let me know if I have got smth wrong, or it is impossible to increase DS resolution?

LCD Density changes pixel density, then I though res has changed. But some program still detected DS as 800x480. Really confuse!

Thanks,

Edited by Hothan Dao

Guest mmp669
We all have known that DS has got 800x480 resolution. We also know that HD2 has the same res. Actually, HD2 is 4.3 inches one. imho, I think both these devices have got same screen technology. So can we increase resolution of Dell Streak, to [800x400]*5/4.3?

Please let me know if I have got smth wrong, or it is impossible to increase DS resolution?

LCD Density changes pixel density, then I though res has changed. But some program still detected DS as 800x480. Really confuse!

Thanks,

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve but no, you can't change screen resolution.

Guest Hothan Dao

Yep, I want to read pdf without zooming, but text seem to be broken. I think that might be caused by screen resolution. That's why I want to change it.

My friend have got Desire HD, 4.3 inches. Pdf is displayed clearly in his device.

Guest stoney1973
Yep, I want to read pdf without zooming, but text seem to be broken. I think that might be caused by screen resolution. That's why I want to change it.

My friend have got Desire HD, 4.3 inches. Pdf is displayed clearly in his device.

that desire may well have a different screen, seeing as HTC ran out of amoled screens for some phones, and used slcd screen for some models. Have you downloaded adobe Reader?

Guest Hothan Dao

I tried Quick Office, Document 2 Go, Adobe Reader is better, but still hard to read.

The pdf reader on Quick Office seems quite capable, no problems with readability on mine, standard LCD density.

Have you tried to view it on portrait screen?

Edited by Hothan Dao

Guest Truenash
I tried Quick Office, Document 2 Go, Adobe Reader is better, but still hard to read.

Have you tried to view it on portrait screen?

Yeah, I mostly use my Streak in portrait. How odd!