Vibration functions not working?

Guest TheOriginalGiga

Guest TheOriginalGiga

I was wondering if anyone running Steve's 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 have had problems with the vibration functions not working or if it might be a hardware issue on my end and if I need to start the long process of going back to stock. A little about it, it was vibrating fine at one point, less than 10 min later i picked it up and started typing and noticed it didn't have any haptic feedback, I hit my side buttons and nothing. I shut the phone down and turned it back on and still nothing (pushed the power no vibrate when the logos came on) flashed from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2, no functions returned. Done full resets, nothing.

any ideas?

Guest TheOriginalGiga

Well the vibrations came back all of a sudden, I'm assuming it's a hardware issue. Just thought I'd update if anyone was curious

Guest jmhalder
Well the vibrations came back all of a sudden, I'm assuming it's a hardware issue. Just thought I'd update if anyone was curious

download a app that just vibrates, then open that app and activate the vibrator, smack the phone around a little, you might notice it goes on or off... that happened on my first streak, seriously QC on this hardware design must've taken like 2 days, lol.

Guest TheOriginalGiga

Yea, it's definitely hardware, now I need to wonder if the hassle of going back to stock, getting my screen/body protector off and waiting the 2 or so months for the RMA is worth fixing an intermittent vibration issue

Guest 35354464

my streak lost the vibration just after flashing from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2, but after a reboot, it gained the function.

Then i had rebooted for several times to test. Vibration is still here.

Guest spences10

Yeah, it's definitely a hardware issue - same happened to me on my first streak and is now happening on my second one

time to go back to stock me thinks