Finally OUT Android2.2.1 Working Flowlessly...

Guest rajapandian

Guest rajapandian

First of All Thanks to Quarx& ankuch....

The release of CyanogenMod 2.2.1 for GT540 Had some Minor Bugs only.They released a ROM, it still missing few features only.well speed

I have Tested and Works Fine for me.But No PcSuite COnnected otherwise working well.Really I Love This Upgrade Android2.2.1.no worries i updated cyanogen and its working.

Boot v1.4 & System v4.3:

Codecs - H264 c hardware acceleration .... others must work in software.

Added support for camera with video recording.

Bluetooth works for file transfer, the reception is not working. Audio transmission is not tested (no headset)

Launcher by default from 2.2.1

Effects of the screen work again.

Lock screen during incoming and outgoing calls.

Added HomeSelector

DOWNLOAD:

httpS://openswift.googlecode.com/files/Openswift_4.3.7z

Guest despotovski01
First of All Thanks to Quarx& ankuch....

The release of CyanogenMod 2.2.1 for GT540 Had some Minor Bugs only.They released a ROM, it still missing few features only.well speed

I have Tested and Works Fine for me.But No PcSuite COnnected otherwise working well.Really I Love This Upgrade Android2.2.1.no worries i updated cyanogen and its working.

Boot v1.4 & System v4.3:

Codecs - H264 c hardware acceleration .... others must work in software.

Added support for camera with video recording.

Bluetooth works for file transfer, the reception is not working. Audio transmission is not tested (no headset)

Launcher by default from 2.2.1

Effects of the screen work again.

Lock screen during incoming and outgoing calls.

Added HomeSelector

DOWNLOAD:

httpS://openswift.googlecode.com/files/Openswift_4.3.7z

It has some bugs, right? So, what are the bugs and what's missing?

Guest moad81

Please help us with the instruction how to upgrade to this rom (STEP BY STEP PLZ) and can we downgrade it to 2.1 again,

I have baltic rom 2.1 with no recovery or fast boot.

and please check the download link

Edited by moad81

Guest rajapandian

Bugs are FMRADIO , Bluthooth AUDIO and No Connection with PCSUITE are Not Working.otherwise this rom is ok.

Imporovment:

This Rom is very Faster and Stable.call ended working quickly.Phonebooks are open very fast.

Edited by rajapandian

Guest rajapandian

u Mean Ful Instruction's?to install this ROM ?moad81...Yes Can if u wish u can Back to Normal 2.1ROM.with No Problem Cheers!!!IF u Need help i will help to u

Edited by rajapandian

Guest despotovski01
u Mean Ful Instruction's?to install this ROM ?moad81...Yes Can if u wish u can Back to Normal 2.1ROM.with No Problem Cheers!!!IF u Need help i will help to u

Are these the instructions?

2. 2. Extract the file on your desktop for example

3. Put your in fastboot mode ( press volume down, camera and power )

4. Open CMD.exe :

CODE

fastboot -w

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot reboot

Guest moad81

thanks rajapandian for feedbak, yes all i need is the instruction to install this rom (2.2) but i dont have fastboot, can i use mormal kdz apdater ? like any rom upgrade ?

Guest marinop

I just installed this myself and have to agree, it seems amazing. Have had it for two days now and everything seems flawless and even more smooth than 2.1 IMO.

Only thing that is bothering me, and its doing it ... quite alot - is that touch screen calibration isnt in the rom and my screen is quite "off". Anyone know a workaround to calibrate the screen?

What I basicly did was to follow these instructions:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/

But when it is up to the point of installing the Quarx Black rom, I installed the Froyo image through the Clockwork recovery rom.

With that Froyo build (no overclocking) Im getting 1027 on the Quadrant benchmark, wich is a pretty nice upgrade from around 420 on my old 2.1

Happy upgrading!

Marinó

Guest despotovski01
thanks rajapandian for feedbak, yes all i need is the instruction to install this rom (2.2) but i dont have fastboot, can i use mormal kdz apdater ? like any rom upgrade ?

No, you can't use KDZ Updater to update your phone, because you need to flash system and boot images with fastboot. If you don't have ROM with fastboot, I'll suggest you install Clockwork recovery rom with fastboot. Click the link for instructions for Clockwork recovery ROM with fastboot: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/

Then when you install the fastboot ROM, follow these steps:

2. Extract the file on your desktop for example

3. Put your in fastboot mode ( press volume down, camera and power )

4. Open CMD.exe :

CODE

fastboot -w

fastboot erase system

fastboot reboot

Guest Boldizzle
Installed it! :unsure: Here are some images:

Hey,

What Home Launcher are you using? My launcher bar only has Phone and Browser but I want it to have Phone and Messaging?

UPDATE

Sorry, I found it! B) This firmware is awesome!

Edited by Boldizzle

Guest despotovski01
Hey,

What Home Launcher are you using? My launcher bar only has Phone and Browser but I want it to have Phone and Messaging?

UPDATE

Sorry, I found it! :unsure: This firmware is awesome!

I am using ADW Launcher.

Guest moad81

thank you sir, but i have one more question to start trying, how can i back to my 2.1 (must do anything before start upgrading like backup or anything else)

Guest fdespotovski
thank you sir, but i have one more question to start trying, how can i back to my 2.1 (must do anything before start upgrading like backup or anything else)

You need to back up your current rom with clockwork recovery.If you don't have it,here's a tutorial how to flash a rom with clockwork recovery and fastboot:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/

Before flashing the clockwork recovery rom,make sure you disable the lg android modem.

to backup your phone boot in clockwork recovery(hold power+home)select backup/restore,then backup.

After you're done boot your phone in fastboot mode.

Now you need to configure your cmd.To do that click start-run.type regedit

Navigate to this branch:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Command Processor

In the right-pane, double-click Autorun and set the startup folder path as its data, preceded by “CD /d “. If Autorun value is missing, you need to create one, of type REG_EXPAND_SZ or REG_SZ in the above location.

Example: To set the startup directory to C:\android-sdk-windows\tools set the Autorun value data to CD /d C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

Extract the files from the 7zip file to the desktop.You'll have 2 files:system.img and boot.img

Open cmd and type this:

fastboot -w

fastboot erase system

fastboot reboot

Note:Type all of the codes separetely.

You're done!

I'm not responsible if you brick your phone.I'm just trying to help.So do it on your own risk!

Also,this method worked for me without any bugs.It's safe to do this if you know what you're doing.

Update: when you type fastboot flash system system.img,instead of system.img type the directory of the file

example: fastboot flash system C:\Users\type your username\Desktop\system.img

Do this with the boot.img.

example: fastboot flash boot C:\Users\type your username\Desktop\boot.img

Edited by fdespotovski

Guest Dionysos

will be that install on SD card or on ROM?

And can i go back to the official firmware or muss i recovery that? And how i do that?

Sorry for my bad englisch... ^^

Guest despotovski01
will be that install on SD card or on ROM?

And can i go back to the official firmware or muss i recovery that? And how i do that?

Sorry for my bad englisch... ^^

You need to have a fastboot rom to do this-this process is done with fastboot.

Yes, you can go back to the official LG 2.1 ROM with recovery.

You make the recovery with Clockwork recovery rom.

Instructions for Clockwork recovery ROM with fastboot: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/

Guest fdespotovski
thank you alot for your help, but i think that the 2.2 rom doesn't have clockwork recovery or fastboot, how to restore my backup ?

After you flash the 2.2.1 rom,you still have the clockwork recovery and fastboot mode.I tested it and still have them.

Guest DenIIs22

HELP PLS !!!

Hi id like to do this upgrade to 2.2.1 but have little problem with KDZ_FW ... program becouse its crashes every time when i start upgrade ? It would be nice if someone knows why im geting this crashes or what is wrong .

Have:gt540 with 2.1 version of android !

Peace :unsure:

Guest Boldizzle
HELP PLS !!!

Hi id like to do this upgrade to 2.2.1 but have little problem with KDZ_FW ... program becouse its crashes every time when i start upgrade ? It would be nice if someone knows why im geting this crashes or what is wrong .

Have:gt540 with 2.1 version of android !

Peace :unsure:

You can't use the KDZ_FW tool. You need to have Fastboot or Clockwork recovery installed on your phone. One of the earlier messages in this topic has a link to it.

Guest angemon10
Hey is this with 10.1 flash support in web browsers? or can u get flash support in another way?:unsure: thanks for the great site.

How many times - flash needs ARMv7, and GT540 has ARMv6 (Qualcomm MSM7227).

Guest DenIIs22
You can't use the KDZ_FW tool. You need to have Fastboot or Clockwork recovery installed on your phone. One of the earlier messages in this topic has a link to it.

Yes thats the problem i want to install clockwork recovery and there comes the problem that KDZ crashes.