Finally OUT Android2.2.1 Working Flowlessly...

Guest rajapandian

Guest fishears
Yes thats the problem i want to install clockwork recovery and there comes the problem that KDZ crashes.

Do you have a rom installed that has fastboot? If you do then use fastboot to install clockwork (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img).

If you're stuck trying to install a rom that has fastboot because KDZ crashes then try flashing it in CS_Emergency mode (remove battery, sim and sd card)

Guest Carbonize

Well everytime I put my phone in to recovery (volume down, search and power) I connect it to my computer and it says found new device Android. Buggered if I know where to get the drivers from though as he SDK USB drivers don't seem to be the correct ones. I out it in to fastboot (power and camera) it says Download Mode but when I run fastboot on PC it just says waiting for device.

Guest Francesco1980
I out it in to fastboot (power and camera) it says Download Mode but when I run fastboot on PC it just says waiting for device.

I've been trying the same thing for the whole day yesterday and couldn't put the phone into fastboot mode using this combination. On the forum I found a post that said holding the camera button (phone powered off) and connecting the USB cable would work, and well it did. After that flashing the phone with 2.2 using fastboot is done in about 2 mins. And it works perfectly!

Guest despotovski01
does anyone know how to get back the compact keyboard when typing? i just can't find it

You can't get it back, because in this ROM LG keyboard (LG IME) is not included. Instead of it, you have the default Android keyboard.

Guest mircea89fzr
You can't get it back, because in this ROM LG keyboard (LG IME) is not included. Instead of it, you have the default Android keyboard.

then do you know a replacement that does feel like it on the market?

Guest despotovski01
So is there any other way to get stuff on my SD card since i cant connect to PC Suite?

When you connect your phone with the PC, pull down the notifications bar. You'll see USB Connected-select to copy files to computer. Select that. Then, click mount SDcard (or something similar, I'm not so sure). Your SD card will be mounted with your PC and you will be able to transfer files with your computer.

*Or, if you have a card reader, you can just use it.

Guest NoctisLE
When you connect your phone with the PC, pull down the notifications bar. You'll see USB Connected-select to copy files to computer. Select that. Then, click mount SDcard (or something similar, I'm not so sure). Your SD card will be mounted with your PC and you will be able to transfer files with your computer.

*Or, if you have a card reader, you can just use it.

Working :]. Thanks man.

Guest Carbonize

Well managed to get 2.2 on my device. I think we need to add something about the drivers I had to download for anyone else that gets the issue although it probably needs to also be mentioned in the fastboot rom tutorial.

Phone seems faster and more responsive, GPS seems to lock on a lot faster than it used to. Only downside in this rom is that it uses the stock Android camera software and not the LG software so you lose the face/smile/blink detection but did anyone really use it?

Guest DenIIs22

I did finale instaled clockwork recovery but what must i do now to put 2.2.1 on phone. And yes i cant dowload this files from httpS://openswift.googlecode.com/files/Openswift_4.3.7z

It would be nice if someone can send me this files .

I tryed to do:

Black Quarx ROM

1.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

2.download black system.7z and extract to your desktop

3.and run flash.cmd as administrator then plug in your phone whilst its screen is black.

4.it should start executing commands.if it still says "waiting for device" then post a reply.

5.the phone will automatically reboot when finished. it may take long to reboot but its not like that normally, its just got a lot to load.

but when i run flash.cmd as administrator cmd pops up and stays only for around 1 or 2 sec and than close it.

Have windows 7 enterprise n

Guest new123

Just a question regarding the 2.2.1 update..

Obivously I know this is not an official LG ROM. however, if i flash to a clockwork/fastboot rom and then update to android 2.2.1 using the methods described in this thread, is downgrading possible?

I know if you updated from the official LG 1.6 ROM to the official LG 2.1 ROM then its impossible to go back to 1.6. Is this version the same, so that once updated to 2.2.1 its impossible to then go back to the official LG 2.1 ROM, or is it possible to do it being as you arent actualyl flashing 2.2.1 via a KDZ update?

Im just asking because id liek to give 2.2.1 a try, but in case I dont liek it or ever have problems I just want to know if it will be possible to go back to the LG 2.1 ROM (V20C, CPW in my case) and it will be back to how it was before i started..

Guest pepi74
Well managed to get 2.2 on my device. I think we need to add something about the drivers I had to download for anyone else that gets the issue although it probably needs to also be mentioned in the fastboot rom tutorial.

Phone seems faster and more responsive, GPS seems to lock on a lot faster than it used to. Only downside in this rom is that it uses the stock Android camera software and not the LG software so you lose the face/smile/blink detection but did anyone really use it?

So there is some other person ( you) noticed that GPS seems to lock a lot faster, and phone is more responsive, but I also see that battery give me one day less than 2.1 ( maybe this is new for me and for that reason I use it a lot)

Guest pepi74
Just a question regarding the 2.2.1 update..

Obivously I know this is not an official LG ROM. however, if i flash to a clockwork/fastboot rom and then update to android 2.2.1 using the methods described in this thread, is downgrading possible?

I know if you updated from the official LG 1.6 ROM to the official LG 2.1 ROM then its impossible to go back to 1.6. Is this version the same, so that once updated to 2.2.1 its impossible to then go back to the official LG 2.1 ROM, or is it possible to do it being as you arent actualyl flashing 2.2.1 via a KDZ update?

Im just asking because id liek to give 2.2.1 a try, but in case I dont liek it or ever have problems I just want to know if it will be possible to go back to the LG 2.1 ROM (V20C, CPW in my case) and it will be back to how it was before i started..

When you have clockwork than you can make full backup of any 2.1 - 2.2 ROM.s in options. If you dont like it: go to recovery and restore your previous android state.

Guest Clarkey15

Installed the beta, 2.2.1 seems to run a lot better than 2.1 although wish 3g data would connect instead of sitting there trying to connect. Which link is the latest for the camera and bluetooth to work?