Finally OUT Android2.2.1 Working Flowlessly...

Guest rajapandian

I think you should repartition your SD card to a single partition, because the other partitions will be useless.

Thanks - Installed 2.2.1 last night, all working perfect.

-

well i've seen that but its 2.1? i want 2.2..

You need to have a rom which supports fastbooting before you can install 2.2.1, typically factory phones (At least mine?) by default don't have fastboot enabled, you're installing 2.1 with fastboot, then you're booting into fastboot, and from there, you then install 2.2.1

Shane

Guest spy1983
I have a question. with cm 2.2.1. I noticed that when I call, the speakerphone button does not work. this is a bug or a setting problem?

It is fixed with the new update. Also IPV6 support is added.

I also ask that question, but it looks like not. Now I use one simple keyboard that is good enough. But I love if 2.1 keyboard can be used on 2.2.1

You can use the 2.1 LG IME keyboard on 2.2.

Just download this file:

LG IME Keyboard

Then shut down your phone and enter the recovery menu. (HOME + POWER)

In recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard" then select "select zip from sdcard".

Then select the file and it will install the file to the system...

Then reboot the system.

Hope this helps...

Edited by spy1983

You need to have a rom which supports fastbooting before you can install 2.2.1, typically factory phones (At least mine?) by default don't have fastboot enabled, you're installing 2.1 with fastboot, then you're booting into fastboot, and from there, you then install 2.2.1

Shane

I installed 2.1 through LG's webpage. what programs and files/roms did u use when u installed 2.2? thanks.

Guest Carbonize

Anyone else noticed that the battery level seems all over the place? I've got my phone on charge and one minute it will be saying 94% and then it will be saying 89% then 96% then back down to 89% :|

Also how do I find out what kernel I have and where do I find the updated kernels as I want to use Google Goggles but it requires a kernel with IPV6 support and mine doesn't have it.

Guest desmail

I have installed the file update.zip with the recovery (installs update.zip from sdcard) and does not work. I was wrong the 'update?

Edited by desmail

Guest max-greece
Anyone else noticed that the battery level seems all over the place? I've got my phone on charge and one minute it will be saying 94% and then it will be saying 89% then 96% then back down to 89% :|

Yes - it can be somewhat erratic although I don't think mine is quite as variable as yours seems to be.

Also how do I find out what kernel I have and where do I find the updated kernels as I want to use Google Goggles but it requires a kernel with IPV6 support and mine doesn't have it.

SETTINGS / ABOUT PHONE / SCROLL DOWN

Mine says 2.6.29 Quarx@agent007-desktop #342

I do not know if that one is the latest.

Guest MadBoJangles
First of All Thanks to Quarx& ankuch....

The release of CyanogenMod 2.2.1 for GT540 Had some Minor Bugs only.They released a ROM, it still missing few features only.well speed

I have Tested and Works Fine for me.But No PcSuite COnnected otherwise working well.Really I Love This Upgrade Android2.2.1.no worries i updated cyanogen and its working.

Boot v1.4 & System v4.3:

Codecs - H264 c hardware acceleration .... others must work in software.

Added support for camera with video recording.

Bluetooth works for file transfer, the reception is not working. Audio transmission is not tested (no headset)

Launcher by default from 2.2.1

Effects of the screen work again.

Lock screen during incoming and outgoing calls.

Added HomeSelector

DOWNLOAD:

httpS://openswift.googlecode.com/files/Openswift_4.3.7z

Just wanted to say thanks man :D

Thought I had bricked my phone last night, but now got this installed and running well, thanks again :P

Guest fishears

The update for IPV6 support is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mgwu7yp0ei2wd6

Flash the boot.img with fastboot then apply the update.zip with clockwork

It also fixes speakerphone and sound on bluetooth headsets

Edited by fishears

Guest despotovski01
Ive noticed this 2.2.1 ROM has the USB tethering options, but doesnt seem to have the WiFi hotspot feature. I thought this was a feature of 2.2?

It's a feature of Android 2.2, but this ROM doesn't have it. You can get apps for tethering from the market.

Guest fishears
Thanks fishears. Guess I will have to factory reset and reinstall everything again as well.

you have to do a fastboot -w before flashing boot.img, I know that erases user data and cache but can't remember if it wipes your apps as well...

best get titanium on the job before you go for it :D

I'm going to do the update myself later but I've got lots to do first and I definitely need my phone WORKING until tonight :P

Edited by fishears

Guest Carbonize

Not got round to updating yet but have further charging issues. I noticed that once it gets to 89% or higher it stops charging after a while. You can plug the charger in to it and the status bar indicator will change to say it's charging but after a while it changes back to indicate it is no longer charging. Strange thing is the lock screen still says it is charging at this time even though it is not.

Guest Francesco1980

I can't get into recovery mode. Tried it with Home+Power, Quickboot and Clockwork Rom Manager but the phone always boots to the PIN screen. Anyone got an idea why it doesn't work? Or is the Clockwork recovery not included in 2.2?

Guest fishears
I can't get into recovery mode. Tried it with Home+Power, Quickboot and Clockwork Rom Manager but the phone always boots to the PIN screen. Anyone got an idea why it doesn't work? Or is the Clockwork recovery not included in 2.2?

You're holding Home and only pressing Power, right? Don't hold Power...

Guest fishears
Not got round to updating yet but have further charging issues. I noticed that once it gets to 89% or higher it stops charging after a while. You can plug the charger in to it and the status bar indicator will change to say it's charging but after a while it changes back to indicate it is no longer charging. Strange thing is the lock screen still says it is charging at this time even though it is not.

Did you try the Reset Battery Stats thing? If you can get it to say 100% then while plugged in, reboot into recovery and erase the battery stats (in Advanced), then unplug and reboot. Mine seems to behave better after this. Also, I just flashed the new update for IPv6 - flashed boot.img then applied update.zip - didn't have to do a fastboot -w! All data safe. (Use the Fixez.7z version) HTH

Guest spy1983
Did you try the Reset Battery Stats thing? If you can get it to say 100% then while plugged in, reboot into recovery and erase the battery stats (in Advanced), then unplug and reboot. Mine seems to behave better after this. Also, I just flashed the new update for IPv6 - flashed boot.img then applied update.zip - didn't have to do a fastboot -w! All data safe. (Use the Fixez.7z version) HTH

So did anyone tried this? Is it really working?

So we have to do that while it is plugged for charging?

Guest fishears
So did anyone tried this? Is it really working?

So we have to do that while it is plugged for charging?

Works great for me. Battery llife is excellent. Just apply with clockwork - no need to plug in.