Keys combos on Acer Liquid MT (S120)

Guest PhilNelwyn

Guest PhilNelwyn

"Here is the list of known combos :

To boot in USB AMSS Download Mode (adanced mode allowing to flash phone's partitions from a PC) press :

CAMERA* + VOLUME UP + POWER (2 vibrations)

To boot in SD Download Mode (adanced mode used to flash updates, generally OTA updates, including system + baseband) press :

CAMERA* + VOLUME DOWN + POWER (3 vibrations)

To boot in Bootloader Mode press :

VOLUME UP + POWER (phone vibrates) then release POWER but keep VOLUME UP pressed.

To boot in Recovery Mode (thanks to Merou09) press :

VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS* + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed for a few seconds, then release briefly FOCUS* and press it again.

* The key to take photos has two notches, the first one for focus and the second one to take a photo, so for FOCUS press gently and for CAMERA press fully."

Translated from Vache topic on a french forum.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest angelanh

To boot in USB AMSS Download Mode (adanced mode allowing to flash phone's partitions from a PC) press :

CAMERA* + VOLUME UP + POWER (2 vibrations)

To boot in SD Download Mode (adanced mode used to flash updates, generally OTA updates, including system + baseband) press :

To boot in Bootloader Mode press :

VOLUME UP + POWER (phone vibrates) then release POWER but keep VOLUME UP pressed.

VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS* + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed for a few seconds, then release briefly FOCUS* and press it again.

* The key to take photos has two notches, the first one for focus and the second one to take a photo, so for FOCUS press gently and for CAMERA press fully."

can't start recovery mode with my liquid mt ;), it show a triangle with "!" but quickly turn off then start reboot normal with home screen.

please help :-s

Guest chris_kozani

this is recovery in official roms.you must install amon ra recovery to see something else and more usefull

http://android.modaco.com/content/other/32...0/#entry1565512

personally i cant understand how to boot in recovery with hard keys combo. i have tried many times but never succeded.

Edited by chris_kozani

Guest athanaso77
personally i cant understand how to boot in recovery with hard keys combo. i have tried many times but never succeded.

I have no problem with that. Just press all keys simultaneously but the camera button with no full pressure.

Guest chris_kozani

yes i did it and succeed ;) the step that makes me confused is when it says to release briefly FOCUS* and press it again.because i dont know when i must release and press again the focus button

i pressed and hold the buttons for some time and it boots in recovery without to release and press again focus.in this way it tries to find update.zip in sd card and if you dont have any,it gives error and stays to recovery

• 1 month later...
Guest MisfitGeek

This topic should be sticked...

Can I add hard reboot ? Total wipe, total reset of the phone (tip posted few posts above didn't worked for me)...

1/ power button

2/ when vibrate : vol+ and vol- together

3/ A menu will appear, only the reset question, choose YES/NO with vol keys, validate with photo

4/ phone reboot.

Edited by MisfitGeek

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder if someone can help. I cannot access SD download mode. Can't really figure out why. It worked once only (when i realised it was possible to issue these commands) However now I have the neccesary files on the SD card it won't enter this mode at all.

Have factory reset the phone. Rooted the phone hoping that quickboot or something similar would provide me with the same option...

Can't get past option 4 from K0zmic's guide (now a sticky) because of it :(

1.) Download the Gingerbreak leak: http://www.multiupload.com/NBSC3OP3DO

2.) Extract the "acer_ug" folder from the zip file on your SDCard

(optional) : Reboot in recovery and wipe all/factory reset

3.) Power off your phone

4.) Boot to SD Download Mode with Camera / Vol- / Power (the phone will vibrate 3 times)<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Yeah I was, quite strange, dont think any of the short cut combos work now.

Anyhow got there in the end with the download tool and the adb recovery tool to enter recovery mode.

One other question if you wouldn't mind. Would the Gingerouny 2.2 rom work fine on this 2.3.4 Acer leak?

Thanks

Guest chemicalbuz

it's easier than this:

VOLUME UP+VOLUME DOWN+FOCUS+POWER----->WHEN PHONE VIBRATES----->RELEASE POWER (BUT KEEP PRESSING VOL+,VOL-,FOCUS)

replace with this on top if you want

• 4 weeks later...