Acer Liquid mt - Strange charging behaviour...

Guest astuermer

Guest astuermer

First of all, I got an Acer Liquid mt since 5 days.

The first 3 days everything went fine, since 2 days... there's a "Ghost in the Machine" :unsure:

Issue 1:

The Liquid mt is swtiched on.

Battery went down to 15% - I plugged in the charger.

After 1,5 hours, the phone shows 100% (under Settings and a separate Taskbar icon, "Batteryminder").

So I took the charger off - and after 1 hour of standby the battery went down to 95%.

After 2-3 minutes of typing - 90%.

So WTF...?!

Issue 2:

So I charged again and after 15 minutes or so the phone shows 100% - again B)

Then I turned off the phone and charged it in off-mode.

The phone was then fully charged after another 45 minutes!

With this procedure I have normal battery life... that means 5% in around 8 hours (in standby).

Strange thing is, that the phone shows "fully charged" - when it's approximately charged 60% or so...

Does anyone have an idea?!

Thanks!

Guest Morris Lee
First of all, I got an Acer Liquid mt since 5 days.

The first 3 days everything went fine, since 2 days... there's a "Ghost in the Machine" :unsure:

Issue 1:

The Liquid mt is swtiched on.

Battery went down to 15% - I plugged in the charger.

After 1,5 hours, the phone shows 100% (under Settings and a separate Taskbar icon, "Batteryminder").

So I took the charger off - and after 1 hour of standby the battery went down to 95%.

After 2-3 minutes of typing - 90%.

So WTF...?!

Issue 2:

So I charged again and after 15 minutes or so the phone shows 100% - again B)

Then I turned off the phone and charged it in off-mode.

The phone was then fully charged after another 45 minutes!

With this procedure I have normal battery life... that means 5% in around 8 hours (in standby).

Strange thing is, that the phone shows "fully charged" - when it's approximately charged 60% or so...

Does anyone have an idea?!

Thanks!

Do a complete drain and see if that fix it

Guest Koki1337

The battery calibration is always wrong IMO.

Of all phones I use, the battery drops very fast for the first 50% I guess???

The lower 50% can last very long

Guest Borkata

First think you had to do is fully charge for 12 hours after first complete drain.

Second you should do battery calibrate (there are lots of guides over internet).

Hope this helps.

BR,

Borkata

Guest astuermer

Thanks so far...

I've done a complete drain tonight.

The battery lasted exactly 24 hours yesterday. With some gaming, smsing, syncing.

Interesting was: The battery was 2-3 hours showing 5 percent until the phone turned off.

During that time i played Dungeon Hunter and wrote approx. 30 sms.

Thats a very long time for 5 percent?!

I charged the phone over night in OFF MODE.

Today in the morning at 8:30 I took it off the charger.

The first 20 percent drained much faster than before now.

Currently I am at 40 percent - where I used the phone 2,5 hours. In that time the display was on, 3G was on too.

In that time I updated apps, mailed, played Dungeon Hunter and Reckless Racing.

Before, the first 50 percent drained slower than now, from 50 down to 5 percent was much quicker before.

Now its the other way round... it looks like :/

Guest youpi666

The metal have a Lithium-Ion battery.

A very important property of this kind of battery is that it doesn't have 'the memory effect' of the Ni/Cd et Ni/Mh one, so drain and charge first a lithium-ion battery doesn't have any incidence on its drainning process.

Another interesting point is that kind of battery have a 'non linear' discharging behavior, the best performance are between 60-20 % of charge. (average range) so it could explain your battery behavior. :unsure:

But, for what i have saw, the metal have a good battery life, so if you think your battery drain fast, i think you probably have to test it where you buy it, it could be also a disfonctional hardware B)

Edited by youpi666

Guest astuermer
The metal have a Lithium-Ion battery.

A very important property of this kind of battery is that it doesn't have 'the memory effect' of the Ni/Cd et Ni/Mh one, so drain and charge first a lithium-ion battery doesn't have any incidence on its drainning process.

Another interesting point is that kind of battery have a 'non linear' discharging behavior, the best performance are between 60-20 % of charge. (average range) so it could explain your battery behavior. :unsure:

But, for what i have saw, the metal have a good battery life, so if you think your battery drain fast, i think you probably have to test it where you buy it, it could be also a disfonctional hardware B)

I've played with my Liquid mt nearly the whole day now.

Its now at 5 percent for nearly 2 hours, and I've played Dungeon Hunter meanwhile.

From 35 down to 20 Percent it drops during 20 minutes of playing a racing game?!

The battery life is ok i think... but the percentages shown are completely inaccurate.

For example: Today from 8 to 10 o'clock it droped from 100 down to 95 percent with a little sms'ing.

Then I played a few games... put it on my desk for 2 hours and then went on with sms typing, facebooking and gaming.

Biggest decrease was when playing GT Academy for 20 mins - 15 percent drain.

Since 18:40 it shows 5 percent now and I've played 2 levels of Dungeon Hunter now... 30-35 minutes.

I already drained it to 0 percent yesterday and charged it over night for 7 hours or so.

Any idea how to fix this?

Or simply a faulty battery?

Guest isshah

sorry to be off topic a little but can any one really confirm what the 3g hspda network support is.

Seems to vary with the website that i have looked at.