Improve g-sensor/accelerometer sensibility

Guest nicknameless

Guest nicknameless

I'm just wondering if there is the possibility to improve the sensibility of the g-sensor/accelerometer of the Acer Liquid. Actually there is quite a lag in the rotation of the display respect of the rotation of the device.

Maybe there is a way to set the sensibility like for touchscreen and prossimity sensor.

In addition also the compass is not very precise. I just know that if you turn the device 360° it calibrates some how and then it works better.

EDIT: I read in other forums that with Froyo the sensibility was affected, but honestly I can't remember when I upgraded from Eclair

Edited by nicknameless

Guest nanodrone

to calibrate the compass u have to move the phone in order to create an immaginary 8 shape... for the rotation i don't know...

mi sembra assurdo scriverti in inglese :unsure:

Guest Master_T
I'm just wondering if there is the possibility to improve the sensibility of the g-sensor/accelerometer of the Acer Liquid. Actually there is quite a lag in the rotation of the display respect of the rotation of the device.

Maybe there is a way to set the sensibility like for touchscreen and prossimity sensor.

In addition also the compass is not very precise. I just know that if you turn the device 360° it calibrates some how and then it works better.

EDIT: I read in other forums that with Froyo the sensibility was affected, but honestly I can't remember when I upgraded from Eclair

Actually, the sensor itself is very precise (check out the app "Bubble" to test it) It just takes time for the apps themself to redraw I think... take a simple app that doesn't have much to redraw, like "QuickBoot" for example, it takes ~0.5 sec to rotate.

Guest nicknameless
to calibrate the compass u have to move the phone in order to create an immaginary 8 shape... for the rotation i don't know...

mi sembra assurdo scriverti in inglese :unsure:

Yep! that's what I read here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ensors-problem/

<ITALIAN>

è assurdo sì, ma almeno ci si tiene un pò in allenamento con l'inglese no? B)

</ITALIAN>

Guest nicknameless
Actually, the sensor itself is very precise (check out the app "Bubble" to test it) It just takes time for the apps themself to redraw I think... take a simple app that doesn't have much to redraw, like "QuickBoot" for example, it takes ~0.5 sec to rotate.

Ahh ok, so you think it's just a matter of performance.

When there will be complete OC for T&L ROM I will check the difference with and w/o OC to see if hopefully there is some kind of improvement in the reactivity of the rotation.

Maybe some of you that already have full OC with some other ROM (LCR for example) may try this test and see if it's really due to the application that it's running or to the setting as well. Also the reactivity of touch screen change a lot if a heavy process is running.

I just want to know if there is some kind of value to set to make it even more sensible. Who knows B)

Anyway thank you for your reply :unsure:

Edited by nicknameless