[Q] - Questions about Flashing and Back Up

Guest bratboo

Guest bratboo

Hi There! I'm a new user for Android and just got my DHD yesterday.I need help on step by step Rooting and Flashing for Desire HD as I got confused on where should I start.

My Questions;

- How to back up my Original ROM and re flash it (Just incase I need to return my phone for warranty purposes)?

- I want to flash this ROM LeeDroid what are the steps I need?

* Should be this first - S-Radio OFF? (already done this! Horray! First attempt success!)

* Then the instruction at Leedroid or there's something that I need to do first?

Thanks! Really new with android and lots of rooting instruction so was confused about on where should I start first!

Guest LoneThread

First things first. DO NOT DO THE OTA UPDATE!!

Others can advise your questions, all I know is that you must not update otherwise it'll prevent you from doing this.

Guest bratboo
First things first. DO NOT DO THE OTA UPDATE!!

Others can advise your questions, all I know is that you must not update otherwise it'll prevent you from doing this.

OTA means Over The Air Update? I actually tried but no updates here in PH. Then its a good thing it didn't have an update. now all I need are steps on which should I do first. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bratboo

Ok thanks to XDA members I successfully flash a ROM. Although I much like modaco I'll post my questions here.

My next question is how to Flash to another ROM? Do I need to revert back to 1.32? I just flash Android Revolution HD 2.0.7 and if I want to flash to LeeDroid ROM what should I do next?

Thanks!