[ROM] [eclair] Swedish Snow RLS1 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Slim ROM based on TSE_P729VV1.0.0B01 (Comviq Sweden). Uses 124Mb in /system

Downloads

• Swedish_Snow_RLS1.zip (for normal Clockwork install)
  • Swedish_Snow_RLS1_image.zip MD5: B0D10099BBBC564B7DE623D067D4CB45
  • Swedish_Snow_RLS1_ahb_overclocking.zip (addon for AHB overclocking)
  • Swedish_Snow_RLS1_original_kernel.zip (addon with original kernel (needed for 5Mpixel camera support)
    • Overclockable custom kernel (Use SetCPU).
    • Custom kernel no longer hangs up when inserting/removing charger.
    • Includes HTC_IME and Gingerbread Keyboard.

Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)

[*]Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.

[*]Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up

[*]When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot.

NOTE! This also installs a bunch of firmware files from the Hungarian 256->512Mb update. It works fine on my OSF but do NOT blame me if it bricks your phone. You do not NEED to change partition sizes to use the "lite" version. It's just for advanced users who want to get more space for apps in /data. If this sounds confusing, then it's not for you.

Go back to standard partition sizes

Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E. After this you will have Clockwork Recovery as both boot and recovery image so you'll need to put a ROM on your SD-card and install.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest StevenHarperUK

OLE/TFT? Rooted? HW Acel? VM? Launcher? Keyboard? :unsure:

Can you supply a bit of info - ta

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest Afrodude
OLE/TFT? Rooted? HW Acel? VM? Launcher? Keyboard? :unsure:

Can you supply a bit of info - ta

It will probably work on both devices (owing to the build date of this ROM)

Contains ChainsDD's superuser app

HW Acel is enabled

VM Heap is set to 24M

Stock Launcher.

HTC IME and Gingerbread Keyboards are included.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest kallt_kaffe

It's more or less the same as Fillyfjonk RLS5 lite. Just that the Comviq ROM is about a month newer than the Finnish one. The proximity.init binary has changed between the releases so I hope it can help those with proximity sensor problems.

As mentioned above HW is on by default, vm heap is 24mb (use vm heap tool) and it has Gingerbread Keyboard and HTC IME. Other than that it's rooted and have my overclocked custom kernel. Oh, I also fixed the custom kernel so that it no longer hangs up phone calls when you insert or remove charger.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest 1immortal

sorry for the ot, but i searched the whole forum, and could not find what is this AHD overclock, and regarding this custom kernel, what is the highest freq i can overclock the OSF to ?

thanks alot and sorry for the ot.

Guest dorren

Hi,

I have an unocked telia phone, but with this rom i got the sim error screen. So I unlocked it and checked the network provider as I always do and it said Swedisd 3G instead of Telia. I think its strange that all other I tested works wthout unlock and with telia default. BTW I couldnt change the provider either.

/Erik

Tack för alla fina roms :unsure:

Guest l_ninjo2
Slim ROM based on TSE_P729VV1.0.0B01 (Comviq Sweden). Uses 124Mb in /system

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?qudta7zpblmoatb

• Overclockable custom kernel (Use SetCPU).
  • Custom kernel no longer hangs up when inserting/removing charger.
  • Includes HTC_IME and Gingerbread Keyboard.

More info when I get time (a bit busy at the moment)

First I've to say:Great Work! Going to test ur new ROM.

2nd is the Lockscreen Freeze included too :unsure:, is there a senseful workaround for this issue?

3rd how did u push the Keyboards in the new ROM?

Regards from CGN

l_ninjo (who the f**k took my handle here)

Guest oh!dougal
sorry for the ot, but i searched the whole forum, and could not find what is this AHD overclock, and regarding this custom kernel, what is the highest freq i can overclock the OSF to ?

thanks alot and sorry for the ot.

Search for "Finnish Fillyjonk" thread.

Read the first post.

First I've to say:Great Work! Going to test ur new ROM.

2nd is the Lockscreen Freeze included too B), is there a senseful workaround for this issue?

3rd how did u push the Keyboards in the new ROM?

Regards from CGN

l_ninjo (who the f**k took my handle here)

This shouid be a pretty stable 2.1 rom, not one based on a leaked prototype 2.2 kernel ... :unsure:

Guest zapher
Hi,

I have an unocked telia phone, but with this rom i got the sim error screen. So I unlocked it and checked the network provider as I always do and it said Swedisd 3G instead of Telia. I think its strange that all other I tested works wthout unlock and with telia default. BTW I couldnt change the provider either.

/Erik

Tack för alla fina roms :unsure:

This is because the Telia phone is still locked. However the TFIN rom doesn't check for it so you can bypass it. Comviq is not unlocked so you need to http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-and-zte-blade/

Guest dorren
This is because the Telia phone is still locked. However the TFIN rom doesn't check for it so you can bypass it. Comviq is not unlocked so you need to http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-and-zte-blade/

Hi,

Yes I did unlock it before i went back to FF5, the thing is it had the wrong provider... I could not get it to show Telia when checking phone status.. Thus, I am a little bit scared of using it :unsure:

/Erik

Hi,

Yes I did unlock it before i went back to FF5, the thing is it had the wrong provider... I could not get it to show Telia when checking phone status.. Thus, I am a little bit scared of using it :unsure:

/Erik

Sweden3G is the network name for Telia and Tele2's 3G net, everytime you have a 3G connection active you connect to this network. Nothing to worry about. B)

So this doesn't offer much if at all over the FF Eclair rom? I'll stick with FF then. 768mhz OC with AHB Overclock, a hack to enable a primitive form of JIT, on FF RLS4 is netting me 650 or so on Quadrant, so I'm happy.

Guest oh!dougal
So this doesn't offer much if at all over the FF Eclair rom? I'll stick with FF then. 768mhz OC with AHB Overclock, a hack to enable a primitive form of JIT, on FF RLS4 is netting me 650 or so on Quadrant, so I'm happy.

It should offer a newer set of drivers, etc

People with LCD's had occasional proximity sensor problems with FF. Hopefully, this is an improvement for them.

Since the Kernel will be a more-developed version of kk's custom compiled one that is in FF, this is the next gen 2.1 beyond FF.

One can only hope that kk doesn't get totally distracted by the FroYo source and leave this project orphaned.

Guest Frankish
It should offer a newer set of drivers, etc

People with LCD's had occasional proximity sensor problems with FF. Hopefully, this is an improvement for them.

Since the Kernel will be a more-developed version of kk's custom compiled one that is in FF, this is the next gen 2.1 beyond FF.

One can only hope that kk doesn't get totally distracted by the FroYo source and leave this project orphaned.

I hope he does B) If there is any chance for a perfect (almost) 2.2 then i see no reason why people wouldn't update or why devs would want to carry on making old roms. I would understand if it was like a Windows Vista sort of update :unsure: But Froyo is a massive improvement.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Oh, I'm very distracted but currently the compiling of the new 2.2 kernel propably has another hour to go on my rather slow dev machine so I'm going to upload AHB overclocking and original kernel addons for this build.

Yes, this build will propably replace the Finnish Fillyjonk and it will also be kept "lite". The only reason for the bloating with the previous ROMs was to make use of the empty space on /system. Now we can repartition and it will be less time consuming to maintain a "lite" ROM.

I'll try to maintain this one as a "fallback" 2.1 ROM but 2.2 will have my main focus.

Guest oh!dougal
Oh, I'm very distracted but currently the compiling of the new 2.2 kernel propably has another hour to go on my rather slow dev machine so I'm going to upload AHB overclocking and original kernel addons for this build.

Yes, this build will propably replace the Finnish Fillyjonk and it will also be kept "lite". The only reason for the bloating with the previous ROMs was to make use of the empty space on /system. Now we can repartition and it will be less time consuming to maintain a "lite" ROM.

I'll try to maintain this one as a "fallback" 2.1 ROM but 2.2 will have my main focus.

Absolutely understood.

But until there's a robust FroYo, some of us careful adventurers would be absolutely delighted to have a properly Great 2.1 to actually use ... :unsure:

Guest Frankish
Absolutely understood.

But until there's a robust FroYo, some of us careful adventurers would be absolutely delighted to have a properly Great 2.1 to actually use ... :unsure:

I think some of us are just lucky B) I took the plunge and as far as i know now the only non working bit is key backlights...which i always turn off any wya i can anyways lol. Oh and the screen freeze? I get less than 1 a week i can live with that :angry:

Guest kallt_kaffe

Added AHB overclocking and original kernel addons. Also uploaded an complete image install that repartitions and installs the ROM at the same time (for those who KNOWS what it means, everyone else should ignore it).

Edited by kallt_kaffe