Dear Steve, any chance to build a working ROM for oovoo

Guest wyxwyx

Guest wyxwyx

I'm using 2.2 v1, no luck.

I tested just the official 2.2 works with oovoo video call (frontcam).

I need video call but I like the StreakDroid ROMs. But if the anser is NO, then I have to change to the original

Edited by wyxwyx

Does that use similar to Fring?

I have Fring working on version 1.5.1 with updated baseband....

Not even heard of Oovoo to be honest and don't know anyone else using it.

Edited by twe

Guest wyxwyx
Does that use similar to Fring?

I have Fring working on version 1.5.1 with updated baseband....

Not even heard of Oovoo to be honest and don't know anyone else using it.

Oovoo has PC client Fring not.

Read the earlier post about oovoo that work fine on 2.2 stock.

Guest simple17

I'm pretty sure the front cam problem with fring is fring related. According to fring forums it's a problem with other froyo devices with front cameras not just the streak. Eventually I think Steve will have to switch the front cam framework back to the official froyo version. When that happens I'll leave up to him. Steve has never failed to impress.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I'm pretty sure the front cam problem with fring is fring related. According to fring forums it's a problem with other froyo devices with front cameras not just the streak. Eventually I think Steve will have to switch the front cam framework back to the official froyo version. When that happens I'll leave up to him. Steve has never failed to impress.

1.5.3 will most likely remove the depreciated fring support :unsure: front cam will be back in cam app (although i myself fail to see the reason people want to use the front cam, my old xda orbit had a better quality main cam than the streaks front one)

oovoo doesn work even with the front cam active on streak though, least it doesnt for me

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest Truenash

Sorry to go off topic here, but I noticed you have't replied to any of the HDMI related threads/questions recently, and was just wondering if you'd abandoned attempts to hack it?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Sorry to go off topic here, but I noticed you have't replied to any of the HDMI related threads/questions recently, and was just wondering if you'd abandoned attempts to hack it?

for now yes, dell have done a royally weird job of hdmi out and im not sure how to get around that yet, not exactly a huge priaority as yet either

Guest somebody9

Steve (or anyone else who can figure it out) : It would be nice to find whatever it is that lets Stock 2.2 users use Oovoo and not 1.5.3 users. I tested Oovoo with 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 - but it doesn't work. Unlike Fring - which as your rightly said - should be fixed by Fring, I think Oovoo only needs a clean Stock-like code to work without you having to do anything special (since it works on Stock Dell builds)

I know it's not Super-high Priority - but if there's a chance we could get Oovoo - that'd be great. Would be nice to chat with my parents long distance for cheap, and on-the-go!

Guest wyxwyx
Steve (or anyone else who can figure it out) : It would be nice to find whatever it is that lets Stock 2.2 users use Oovoo and not 1.5.3 users. I tested Oovoo with 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 - but it doesn't work. Unlike Fring - which as your rightly said - should be fixed by Fring, I think Oovoo only needs a clean Stock-like code to work without you having to do anything special (since it works on Stock Dell builds)

I know it's not Super-high Priority - but if there's a chance we could get Oovoo - that'd be great. Would be nice to chat with my parents long distance for cheap, and on-the-go!

Yes agree. This is the only one prog that works like a videochat (frontcam) on Streak and has PC client also!

Edited by wyxwyx

Guest somebody9
Yes agree. This is the only one prog that works like a videochat (frontcam) on Streak and has PC client also!

Could someone try and use Tinychat on 1.5.3? Since Steve said he removed the changes for Fring.. maybe it will work. Obviously flash is needed.