ZTE BLADE series-Froyo kernel(2.6.32) source code

Guest agpoli

Guest t0mm13b

Dear devs.

Tell us if you have built necessary modules for CIFSManager for our Blades?

I mean, cifs.ko, slow_work.ko, utf8_nls.ko (right?) - this is all I know about the names.

Please, if you have this modules, would you share them with all.

Oh, almost forgot! Is camera hackable? I mean: RAW photos, custom ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc.

Why not unzip a existing ROM, pick CM7 nightly 179 (last 2.6.32 kernel version iirc before jumped to 2.6.35 in the nightly after that), and extract cifs.ko from it, the slow_work/utf8.ko would be already built in! :)

Camera is quite limited in what you can do based on the driver that came with it. :)

Or if you're adventurous, recompile the kernel yourself, there's plenty of threads elsewhere with linkys documenting that :)

Guest ZTE_Blade

...and extract cifs.ko from it

guess it fits. i tried some (about 10 others) and they're don't fit :(

Camera is quite limited in what you can do based on the driver that came with it. :)

this is very bad :(

Or if you're adventurous, recompile the kernel yourself, there's plenty of threads elsewhere with linkys documenting that :)

I can't find some article with full and detail guide how to do this.

And thank you for solutions =)

Edited by ZTE_Blade

Guest t0mm13b

In relation to the camera, and when I explained that the camera driver is somewhat limiting, but hey, if you want to controlling Shutter speed, aperture etc.... buy a real camera! :) Simple really :)

The cameras on smartphones are nothing compared to those top-end quality cameras that is used by photographers..

Of course, the after effects can be done with the GIMP software if you so desire, to make a crappy 3Mp/5Mp picture look like as if it was taken from a 5,000€ professional camera... just saying :)

Guest ZTE_Blade

In relation to the camera, and when I explained that the camera driver is somewhat limiting, but hey, if you want to controlling Shutter speed, aperture etc.... buy a real camera! :) Simple really :)

Wait! I remember the time I living in a threads about custom firmwares for compact cameras Canon Axxx and it was really (really!!) cool to have almost HD video, custom iso and even simple scripting in that cameras. Cool and expensive Canon EOS wasn't cooler even with it's cool matrix or lens, no!

Second thing is that (any) phone camera is handy. Come to your pocket, take the phone, unlock it, start the camera app and make infinity shots! This is simple. Even if you are on the top of Roller coaster (idk how it names, sorry). You have transformed face, you screaming, you scared, you excited and you can also make shots to your phone camera. This is great, trust me =)

But okay, it's a dream.

The cameras on smartphones are nothing compared to those top-end quality cameras that is used by photographers..

Blade's camera pfff... Haven't even flash :(

Of course, the after effects can be done with the GIMP software if you so desire, to make a crappy 3Mp/5Mp picture look like as if it was taken from a 5,000€ professional camera... just saying :)

If I can take RAW file of pic... Dreams.

Oh! I forgot. Dumb question, but.. Is there any user-friendly manual to make fully-recoverable package from my clean romdump with kernel sources or something? I don't know what to search. Help, please.

Guest t0mm13b

Wait! I remember the time I living in a threads about custom firmwares for compact cameras Canon Axxx and it was really (really!!) cool to have almost HD video, custom iso and even simple scripting in that cameras. Cool and expensive Canon EOS wasn't cooler even with it's cool matrix or lens, no!

Interesting! Did not know that Canon had custom firmware for that! TIL that Canon Axxx were moddable! :D

Second thing is that (any) phone camera is handy. Come to your pocket, take the phone, unlock it, start the camera app and make infinity shots! This is simple. Even if you are on the top of Roller coaster (idk how it names, sorry). You have transformed face, you screaming, you scared, you excited and you can also make shots to your phone camera. This is great, trust me =)

But okay, it's a dream.

Well, maybe one day, the manufacturers of such camera devices will add more to the drivers to be unleashed and used by the Android framework.... one day... a dream, but do not know if they are willing to provide more information than that instead of just basic barebones camera drivers....

Blade's camera pfff... Haven't even flash :(

In fairness, this is a sub 100€ handset, flash is found on higher end smartphones... kinda makes you wonder of the cost price of the flash pcb which could push the selling price of smartphones... who knows... don't know :)

If I can take RAW file of pic... Dreams.

RAW file... interesting.... may be possible with a undocumented "hack" to the driver to capture that.... somewhat but thats going back to the point I made above about manufacturers of said camera and their kernel driver sources for such camera...

Oh! I forgot. Dumb question, but.. Is there any user-friendly manual to make fully-recoverable package from my clean romdump with kernel sources or something? I don't know what to search. Help, please.

hmmm... not sure myself, all I know is this...

cat /dev/mtd0 > /sdcard/recovery.bin

cat /dev/mtd1 > /sdcard/boot.bin

cat /dev/mtd2 > /sdcard/splash.bin

cat /dev/mtd3 > /sdcard/misc.bin

cat /dev/mtd4 > /sdcard/cache.bin

cat /dev/mtd5 > /sdcard/system.bin

cat /dev/mtd6 > /sdcard/userdata.bin

cat /dev/mtd7 > /sdcard/oem.bin

cat /dev/mtd8 > /sdcard/persist.bin

Best to ask someone else... :)

Guest ZTE_Blade

Interesting! Did not know that Canon had custom firmware for that! TIL that Canon Axxx were moddable! :D

Oh, there are many moddable devices: from mp3-players to (even!!) manual industrial barcode scanners (in supermarkets or stocks). FYI if you know Russian ( :D ), you can read about it here or just watch video there =)

Well, maybe one day, the manufacturers of such camera devices will add more to the drivers to be unleashed and used by the Android framework.... one day... a dream, but do not know if they are willing to provide more information than that instead of just basic barebones camera drivers....

I don't think so. Manufacturers are making simple devices: 1) for all auditory; 2) for reducing number of potential errors; 3) your turn.. ;)

They will be making such devices always. Something like: "If you want to avoid the problems - avoid the ways of their appearance"© We can't fight with that legally, without hacking, but it makes us smarter.

In fairness, this is a sub 100€ handset, flash is found on higher end smartphones... kinda makes you wonder of the cost price of the flash pcb which could push the selling price of smartphones... who knows... don't know :)

In fairness, I bought this handset (TFT) for about $207 in september in Russia )

And also I have my lovely Nokia 5320 XM with flashlight and many more tasty things.

And also I had Canon EOS 350D but I tired of seeking inspiration and gave it as a present to my bro. He was very happy.

RAW file... interesting.... may be possible with a undocumented "hack" to the driver to capture that.... somewhat but thats going back to the point I made above about manufacturers of said camera and their kernel driver sources for such camera...

I think that before postpocessing RAW files are present in some format but maybe somewhere in memory and then they are converting to jpegs with postprocessing. The worst thing is that other programs modifies not the RAW but jpeg that already have some modifications and compression. This is a very bad thing.

If there are a way to take this RAW somewhere in the middle... This would be great!

Let it be the feature-request :)

hmmm... not sure myself, all I know is this...

cat /dev/mtd0 > /sdcard/recovery.bin

cat /dev/mtd1 > /sdcard/boot.bin

cat /dev/mtd2 > /sdcard/splash.bin

cat /dev/mtd3 > /sdcard/misc.bin

cat /dev/mtd4 > /sdcard/cache.bin

cat /dev/mtd5 > /sdcard/system.bin

cat /dev/mtd6 > /sdcard/userdata.bin

cat /dev/mtd7 > /sdcard/oem.bin

cat /dev/mtd8 > /sdcard/persist.bin

Best to ask someone else... :)

Is this backup dump? I meaned reverse process above. How to load the whole backup that I've occasionally made at the first day with Blade back into the phone to make it clear as just bought. Here it is: P729BLV1.0.0B04.zip

And here screenshot of it's contents: m_20111031-mdeh-150kb.jpg

Just remembered:

Here's a linky to my blog article about compiling kernel.... :)

(No its not a shameless plug to get visitors to my blog, in case anyone says so :P)

Thank for this linky and I don't think something that about visitors hunting =) Maybe you have awesome blog and I and some people doesn't know about it =)

Guest dirlan2001

In principle, pictures are always captured as RAW. It's just after that that they are converted to JPG, which is a process that is covered on some devices by the 'wait'-animation. It's the driver that supposedly decides on the quality and the compression of the file written to the SD. So if someone would be able to copy the 'input' for the conversion-program directly to the SD, it would be written as a RAW-file.

Alternativly, if someone could interfere with the compression of the raw data and have the driver use a less lossy compression, quality of the pictures would definitly be higher.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZTE_Blade

In principle, pictures are always captured as RAW. It's just after that that they are converted to JPG, which is a process that is covered on some devices by the 'wait'-animation. It's the driver that supposedly decides on the quality and the compression of the file written to the SD. So if someone would be able to copy the 'input' for the conversion-program directly to the SD, it would be written as a RAW-file.

Alternativly, if someone could interfere with the compression of the raw data and have the driver use a less lossy compression, quality of the pictures would definitly be higher.

:D

Totally agree with you!

I can see that noise remover in `conversion-program` makes the picture poor.

Also, white-balance isn't responding to my needs (i.e. in my flat): i can see almost gray picture or like sepia or something about this, with custom or auo WB :(

And like in many cameras macro is very good. It's because many processing in `conversion-program` doesn't applying to the image (macro and noise remover aren't compatible =)).

Please, people, who have working slow_work.ko for 2.6.32-perf, give it to me. Please, please, please!!!

I have loaded the cifs.ko module from CM7 nightly 179 with the last 2.6.32 kernel version before changing it in CM7 ind it maybe works but needs slow-work module. Also, I'm not sure but I need the nls_utf8.ko (is this the right name?) too for CIFSManager to work.