ZTE BLADE series-Froyo kernel(2.6.32) source code

Guest agpoli

Guest tom619
this is the japanese which has slightly different hardware, i believe we need to wait for the chinese kernel which goes on sale in a few hours in china i believe.

Oh i see i thought this was the chinese version my mistake, definitely goes on sale today does it?

im confused, now that we have the kernel is a stable 2.2 here yet?

Its at the 'just compiled' stage, completely untested.

Theoretically it should be flawless (after tweaking) but only time will tell, the 2.6.32 Kernel should be considered Alpha.

Guest Simon O
I'd sort of suspect that was not helping.. you getting any dmesg outputs?

Was getting no output at all. However just testing your boot img now and I get output in ddms. But stuck in a boot loop. Going to keep at it.

i read that it goes on sale on the 7th, china is a few hours ahead of uk time. Someone said that zte promised to release the sourcecode by the 7th so hopefully within 24hrs someone might have dumped the rom and maybe sourcecode too.

Guest Sebastian404
Was getting no output at all. However just testing your boot img now and I get output in ddms. But stuck in a boot loop. Going to keep at it.

I've moved the qcom stuff out of the boot image and into the system partition (where it should be) and then I messed with a few other things.. so I'd not be too surprised its not going to boot anything other than my system...

Guest Simon O
I've moved the qcom stuff out of the boot image and into the system partition (where it should be) and then I messed with a few other things.. so I'd not be too surprised its not going to boot anything other than my system...

Well at least it boots for me which is good.

Guest Simon O

I'm not having much luck at all. Every kernel I build isn't booting on any ROM and I have absolutely no idea why.

Those that compiled the kernel and have it working, did you make any changes to the code to get it to build? kallt_kaffe wrote somewhere to change some addresses in two source files which I did. The config also has the address changed. No errors when building at all. Just won't boot.

Really would appreciate some help here please.

Guest buneech

I tried kallt_kaffe's new kernel with MCR Froyo alpha 4, and it also isn't booting. Seems like it works only with ROMs, based only on Softbank 003Z, which actually really puzzles me.

Guest TheDOC1

@flibblesan: My CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET kept changing back to 0x026000... I had to replace it in some other files for it to stay at 0x02A000 (did a fgrep on 0x0260 to find the files). Perhaps that's the problem on your build as well?

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan: My CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET kept changing back to 0x026000... I had to replace it in some other files for it to stay at 0x02A000 (did a fgrep on 0x0260 to find the files). Perhaps that's the problem on your build as well?

Spot on. Thank you. :unsure:

Guest TheDOC1

The file to change is:

arch/arm/mach-msm/Kconfig

Change

default "0x02600000" if !MSM_STACKED_MEMORY

to

default "0x02A00000" if !MSM_STACKED_MEMORY

I think that should do the trick.

Guest TheDOC1
any1 can build a cifs module?

i tried but i got:

ERROR: "slow_work_enqueue" [fs/cifs/cifs.ko] undefined!

ERROR: "slow_work_register_user" [fs/cifs/cifs.ko] undefined!

:unsure:

Same problem here. Didn't find an option to enable CONFIG_SLOW_WORK, so I did the following workaround:

--- orig_kernel/kernel/init/Kconfig	2010-07-05 05:42:00.000000000 +0200

+++ kernel/init/Kconfig	2011-01-06 22:22:12.911027299 +0100

@@ -1100,7 +1100,7 @@

source "arch/Kconfig"

config SLOW_WORK

-	default n

+	default y

bool

help

The slow work thread pool provides a number of dynamically allocated

With that enabled, you can load the cifs.ko without a problem.

Guest Simon O
The file to change is:

arch/arm/mach-msm/Kconfig

Change

to

I think that should do the trick.

Many thanks.

post-697226-1294349793_thumb.png

Running on Chinese base :unsure:

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
So, i assume the LEDs are working with this kernel? Can you share the kernel to try it out on MCR Froyo alpha?

Yes. LEDs working. I'm using the Japanese kernel config.

Guest rickywyatt
Yes. LEDs working. I'm using the Japanese kernel config.

could you plz up load it as kallt_kaffe boot.img dont have working lights

thanks

Guest deusum86
could you plz up load it as kallt_kaffe boot.img dont have working lights

thanks

I'm using kalt_kaffee's kernel with his JJ ROM and my LEDs are blinking like hell...So i assume you probably have screwed up the notification settings?

Guest Simon O

One thing I've noticed about the Gmail app is that by default it's set to "Notify one for new email, not for every new message" which is a bit daft.