New Kernel's Fixed WiFi

Guest jamidodger1

Guest David Horvath

Which rom are you using? JJ + new kernel? Are you speaking about wifi shutting down on sleep?

Edited by David Horvath

Guest jamidodger1
Witch rom are you using? JJ + new kernel? Are you speaking about wifi shutting down on sleep?

Japanese Jellyfish And New Kernel And Wifi Off When Sleep Seems To Be Gone.

Guest Len Ash
So far mine's dropping on sleep still.

de-softened r0.3 with new kernel update

And then reconnecting on waking or not?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest jt_mcg
Actually, for me after the Hungarian fix plus JJ REL3b, wifi won't disconnect when sleep (even with the stock settings off).

That's interesting, will only the power button wake the phone?

Guest jt_mcg
Yep, only power wakes, everything else is just the usual!

I wish I would have gotten that "lucky" when I did the hungarian fix.

I'd much prefer to have to shut WiFi off when I don't want it on than have it drop when I do want it on

I find the wifi issue odd to say the least. I had no problems for around 3 weeks, and now constant dropping on sleep. Without (knowingly) changing settings on the phone/router.

Guest jamidodger1

Hmmm The Ping Time Out Was Due To The Router Cutting It Off ¬¬ , But It seems To Sometimes Cut off in sleep and sometimes it don't on sleep, Do we accurately Know what the problem is with it? Has anyone asked ZTE?

Guest That-Guy

Using Seb's r0.3 2.2 with the kernel.

The WiFi seems to sleep when screen off then re-connects when screen comes on. Better than 2.1 :unsure:

Guest Len Ash
Using Seb's r0.3 2.2 with the kernel.

The WiFi seems to sleep when screen off then re-connects when screen comes on. Better than 2.1 :unsure:

Keep us updated on that Chris over the next few days... cheers.

Guest Simon O

Well the WiFi is reconnecting every time for me and if I set the sleep policy never to turn wifi off then when I wake the phone up the wifi is still connected. So I think it's working fine :unsure:

Guest AceOfSpades

I've never had a problem with my wifi disconnecting when on standby, the only time it did was when the phone was on standby for ~27 hours, simple fix is to wait a few seconds for it to reconnect :unsure:

i also used to have problems reconnecting when waking the phone up, this does not seem to be the case anymore.

However, that was not the main problem, I believe what we are trying to achieve is when we set wifi sleep policy to never, it should constantly be on, i.e checking mails, facebook, etc, this does not seem to be the case as i sent an email to myself (from a different address ofcourse), its been about 40mins, and have not received the notification, even though its supposed to check my email every 15mins....

Guest oh!dougal
i also used to have problems reconnecting when waking the phone up, this does not seem to be the case anymore.

However, that was not the main problem, I believe what we are trying to achieve is when we set wifi sleep policy to never, it should constantly be on, i.e checking mails, facebook, etc, this does not seem to be the case ...

Yes, its a pity that the distinction between fast reconnection and maintaining a connection should not be understood by so many.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Yes, its a pity that the distinction between fast reconnection and maintaining a connection should not be understood by so many.

Perhaps ZTE understand that doing so will make the phone a paper weight in an hour...