Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

Motorola announce the Atrix 4G.

06-Jan-2011_Motorola-Atrix-4G.jpg

Laptop Dock:

06-Jan-2011_Laptop-Dock-for-Motorola-Atrix-4G.jpg

Dock:

06-Jan-2011_HD-Multimedia-Dock-for-Motorola-Atrix-4G.jpg

A few hours after LG's Optimus2X was announced, Motorola followed suit with their own Nvidia powered Dual core phone, the Atrix.

It looks both physically and internally very similar to the LG, but it does have a few tricks up it's sleeve that could set it apart from the crowd.

Fingerprint recognition is one interesting feature, if it works it should make the phone very secure.But, the most impressive thing for me was the dock and the laptop style adaptor, both effectively allow the phone to be used as a pc, giving easy options for a screen or keyboard to be used.

Exclusively on At+T in the USA, Orange in the UK. No word yet on prices or release dates that I'm aware.

Highlights:

• Nvidia Tegra 2 1Ghz cpu
  • 4.0" QHD display
  • Front facing vga camera
  • 1930 mAh battery
  • 1GB memory
  • Up to 48gb expandable storage

Stuart.

Guest atrius

After the frankly disgusting software support from Motorola for the Milestone (Locked bootloader preventing flashing of ROMs, and no Android 2.2 until 'some time in Q1 2011') I'd strongly urge anyone to avoid motorola phones like the plauge.

However cool that laptop dock looks ¬_¬

Guest Vido.Ardes

Couldn't care less if this stayed on 2.2 permanently and never got hacked, it looks fantastic the way it is. Seriously the first phone that has me excited in 3 years

Guest squirreleater
After the frankly disgusting software support from Motorola for the Milestone (Locked bootloader preventing flashing of ROMs, and no Android 2.2 until 'some time in Q1 2011') I'd strongly urge anyone to avoid motorola phones like the plauge.

However cool that laptop dock looks ¬_¬

Yeah, that is an issue for some.

I wonder if Moto realize it stops some from buying their devices?

Looks like a large Defy. The specs are awesome but as previous poster says Motorola support is pathetic so I'll pass on this.

Oh if it ships with Motoblur then its even more reason to avoid it.

• 3 months later...
Guest T39andcounting

Now this phone has been released by O2 (and I see rumours that it'll be out on other networks before long) can we have a sub forum set up for it please? I'm on the verge of ordering one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.