No Service

Guest Wayno87

Guest Wayno87

Purchased my GT540 a few days ago and began playing with it. Upgraded to 2.1 with not much effort. Things went wrong when I tried to install apps2sd. Didn't work so I tried flashing to a different rom. It went fine but afterwards I got the "No Service" message. Not receiving 3g or 2g signal. Tried hard resetting and flashing to a different rom but no luck. Any ideas? Also swapped sim cards too. Didn;t work.

I really only have until tomorrow to return it I think, if I have to return it, should I take it back as is or (potentially stupid idea) try to flash it again but unplug it so it stays stuck at the LG on bootup and claim the official update went wrong? Any help appreciated.

Guest EoinSheehy
Purchased my GT540 a few days ago and began playing with it. Upgraded to 2.1 with not much effort. Things went wrong when I tried to install apps2sd. Didn't work so I tried flashing to a different rom. It went fine but afterwards I got the "No Service" message. Not receiving 3g or 2g signal. Tried hard resetting and flashing to a different rom but no luck. Any ideas? Also swapped sim cards too. Didn;t work.

I really only have until tomorrow to return it I think, if I have to return it, should I take it back as is or (potentially stupid idea) try to flash it again but unplug it so it stays stuck at the LG on bootup and claim the official update went wrong? Any help appreciated.

I'd say leave it as it is they'll have to take it for repair, and leaving it on a bootloop could potentially be harder to fix than this, just as long as they can't tell you tried installing apps2sd.

Guest Wayno87

I reinstalled 2.1 via LG's update tool. Still nothing. But that should at least look like I haven't done anything to it myself. No evidence of any wrong doing as far as I;m aware.

EDIT

I think it now requires (re)unlocking. And it'd cost like £15 for a code online, I'll probably just take it to the store and if they turn me away then buy one.

Edited by Wayno87