[RECOVERY] : RA_Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
He usually always shares the source...hmm. Hope we can get it :D

The only version I could find was of 2.0.0 on his github... and Ive seen the most recent update he's got for the passion is 2.2.1...

Guest lordofangels

Hi Seb,

Can I just flash this with your CW 2.5.1.8

if I use this one- recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-update_signed.zip

Fantastic work, as always

Guest TheDOC1
However, instead I compiled a 2.6.29 kernel with EXT4 support (attached). It also using my 2.6.29 base so it shouldn't invert colors on TFT phones.
Could you please share the sourcecode you used and the .config for this build?

Guest Sebastian404
Could you please share the sourcecode you used and the .config for this build?

its the standard Kernel from ZTE's website,

I pulled proc/config.gz from a running device, then I ziped it, renamed it to .config, then I ran make menuconfig, and picked EXT3 and EXT4 support from the Filesystems tab...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest TheDOC1
its the standard Kernel from ZTE's website,

I pulled proc/config.gz from a running device, then I ziped it, renamed it to .config, then I ran make menuconfig, and picked EXT3 and EXT4 support from the Filesystems tab...

Thx for the reply. It was more into the direction of kallt_kaffe, I thought there was a problem with TFT devices on your kernel (I don't have a TFT SF myself).

Guest Sebastian404
Thx for the reply. It was more into the direction of kallt_kaffe, I thought there was a problem with TFT devices on your kernel (I don't have a TFT SF myself).

I've had contradictary reports... I'm tempted to go out and see if I can buy a TFT device to try it out... but... I dunno if I need yet another device to carry around with me, the TSA always ask why I have 3 cell phones on me

Guest TheDOC1
Its more that the problem is that ext4 is not supported... it should mount try to mount as ext4 and then fall back to ext3, then ext2 and then give up.....

I think

I think, mounting it with -t ext4 has fallbacks if the partition is ext3 or ext2 (downward compatible) so it should work with both of these partition types without the hassle to try differnt mounts. It actually works here for my ext3 partition. I don't know about the partitioning within the recovery, if that will end up working in an image, where the kernel doesn't support ext4.

However, I'm totally excited about this recovery over clockwork recovery. There are just those functions added that I always missed in CWM.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Sebastian404
I think, mounting it with -t ext4 has fallbacks if the partition is ext3 or ext2 (downward compatible) so it should work with both of these partition types without the hassle to try differnt mounts. It actually works here for my ext3 partition. I don't know about the partitioning within the recovery, if that will end up working in an image, where the kernel doesn't support ext4.

now I've got a kernel with ext4 support is seems to happily work...

from ADB its going to use what's in /etc/fstab and that is set at auto.. but format a card as ext2, then mount it from within RA and then do a 'mount' from ADB it shows up mounted as EXT4

at the end of the day tho. it seems to work, its just a quirk.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm interested in what you did about your 2.6.29 base working with TFT... I thought the latest source we got from ZTE had TFT drivers already? when I got TFT owners to test out clockworkmod, they all seemed to be happy with it, and I'm using the same kernel with this.....
The latest 2.6.29 source from ZTE has some of the files update for TFT but they didn't include everything. Didn't you have to remove the LcdPanleID to get it to compile? I had to but what happens is that R and B is swapped on TFT displays. So I put the variable back and added a check in another file and changed the pixel format for TFT displays.

I've attached my changed files for the 2.6.29 kernel.

changedfiles.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
I've had contradictary reports... I'm tempted to go out and see if I can buy a TFT device to try it out... but... I dunno if I need yet another device to carry around with me, the TSA always ask why I have 3 cell phones on me

That's propably because Clockwork is mostly green and green is well, green on both screen types. It's Red and Blue that gets swapped on the TFT unless you fix it in the kernel.

Guest Sebastian404
The latest 2.6.29 source from ZTE has some of the files update for TFT but they didn't include everything. Didn't you have to remove the LcdPanleID to get it to compile? I had to but what happens is that R and B is swapped on TFT displays. So I put the variable back and added a check in another file and changed the pixel format for TFT displays.

I've attached my changed files for the 2.6.29 kernel.

Ahhh, yeah I deleted that LcdPanelID reference.. but I did ask on the ClockworkMod Recovery Thread for feedback from people with TFTs and they all said it was fine... so I assume it was...

Thanks for that I'll check the changes out

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ahhh, yeah I deleted that LcdPanelID reference.. but I did ask on the ClockworkMod Recovery Thread for feedback from people with TFTs and they all said it was fine... so I assume it was...

If you add them all to your source tree make sure AHB overclocking is not enabled (check acpuclock.c, it's a define in the beginning of the file) because not all phones like AHB overclocking (although most do) so it's a bad thing to have enabled in a recovery image.

Guest zapher

I don't think the color is such a deal breaker. Not very suprising it didn't come back as a bug when all that's changed is a switch between R and B.

Guest fonix232

You can send me one of your phones any time :D

BTW yes, kaltt's fix works, while your kernel won't, so as soon as I get back to my Win7 installation (ficked it up somehow, now I can't boot), I will test RA :P

Guest zapher

What's the difference between;

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-CM.img

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-CM-update_signed.zip

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0.img

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-update_signed.zip

Are the CM just with cyanogenmod-colors? What is signed then?

Guest fonix232
What's the difference between;

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-CM.img

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-CM-update_signed.zip

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0.img

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0-update_signed.zip

Are the CM just with cyanogenmod-colors? What is signed then?

The ZIPs can be installed from Recovery, while the images can be flashed only from Fastboot (or from ADB using flash_image).

Guest zapher
The ZIPs can be installed from Recovery, while the images can be flashed only from Fastboot (or from ADB using flash_image).

Of course! That makes sense. Thanks!

Guest Sebastian404

can someone with a TFT device give this a go and let me know if it looks like the picture

post-764508-1294617185_thumb.png

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Simon O

Just a heads up for people using this. Backups created using Clockwork Recovery will not restore using Amon_RA. Bart mentioned this on Twitter today. Both recoveries use Nandroid but do so differently.