[ROM] Metalounay 1.3 Acerless (15/04/2011)

Guest vache

Guest kimycai
http://localhostr.com/file/T5AXXbg/framework-res.apk

here is the framework-res.apk of Chinese version,thx! :)

it has 3 languages with English 、simplified Chinese(简体) and traditional Chinese(繁体),i use simplified Chinese(简体)---zh-rCN。

en……,how can i do next to the framework-res.apk file?flash it? replace it? how? i really dont konw。

Guest kimycai
Modded framework-res.apk with Chinese and simplified Chinese : http://localhostr.com/file/5CSNGDm/framework-res.apk

You can select them in Language settings.

It could be nice if you can send me apps folder too, to add Chinese to them too. You will not have complete translation with framework-res only.

If it runs well, i'll make a complet flashable addon.

here is the app folder

please,thx! :)

Edited by kimycai

Guest vache
here is the app folder

http://loco1bios.googlecode.com/files/app.rar

please,thx! :)

Thx for apps :)

Here is a flashable update : http://localhostr.com/file/r3nmzFh/Chinese-update_signed.zip (flash it over Metalounay 1.3 only)

Containing :

framework-res.apk with Chinese

Settings.apk with Chinese

CNSoftKeybord.apk with needed libraries

HandWritingKeyboard.apk with needed librairies.

If some apps/parts need to be translated more, let me know. Since i can't read chinese, i can't really test.

Edited by vache

Guest kimycai
Modded framework-res.apk with Chinese and simplified Chinese : http://localhostr.com/file/5CSNGDm/framework-res.apk

You can select them in Language settings.

It could be nice if you can send me apps folder too, to add Chinese to them too. You will not have complete translation with framework-res only.

If it runs well, i'll make a complet flashable addon.

i flashed it,but xt9 is crashed,and not completely Chinese,so i will upload my whole nandbackup,i wanna the update kernel only(with Updated kernel (better batterie drain, better performance, audio boost...and more)

,keep others original,would u help me?

Edited by kimycai

Guest vache
i flashed it,but xt9 is crashed,and not completely Chinese,so i wanna upload my whole nandbackup,i wanna the update kernel only

Are you sure it's XT9 ? I didn't change anything about it.

Guest kimycai
Are you sure it's XT9 ? I didn't change anything about it.

yes, i confirm, and other menu like message, contact,and so on are not completely Chinese

so here is my whole nandbackup file

please update my kernel only(with Updated kernel (better batterie drain, better performance, audio boost...and more)

) ,keep others original ,thx!

u can compare mine to yours

my system is based on OS_Acer_1.100.19.AAP.GEN2_A22F_S120, with Andriod 2.2.2,same version of kernel

Edited by kimycai

Guest 4rm45
After upgrading i cant import my contacts the only option that shows up is import to sim?

Restore nandroid or flash back to metalounay 1.2, then back up contacts with titanium backup or sync contacts with google account. Then reinstall metalounay 1.3 and restore them from titanium backup or sync with google account

Guest cyrusbyte
Restore nandroid or flash back to metalounay 1.2, then back up contacts with titanium backup or sync contacts with google account. Then reinstall metalounay 1.3 and restore them from titanium backup or sync with google account

wow, that is a lot of work..

I have so many contacts in my google account (around a thousand) so i dont want to sync with it. Also no need to use backup, i exported them to .vcf before i updated.

I did find a easier way, i just found GO contacts manager in the app store.. seems to work better and is nicer than the original one.

Thanks for the help though.

Edited by cyrusbyte

Guest Tiny Jacky

Now I'm on 1.100.35 with baseband version A4-01.22.01 and kernel version 2.6.29-perf and i got stuck at acer logo after flashing this rom

did a full data wipe through AMonRa recovery

It is originally a GEN2 phone but I flashed the euro bin so it reads gen1 now

sigh...no rom for gen2

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest victorminC
Now I'm on 1.100.35 with baseband version A4-01.22.01 and kernel version 2.6.29-perf and i got stuck at acer logo after update

did a full data wipe through AMonRa recovery

It is originally a GEN2 phone but I flashed the euro bin so it reads gen1 now

sigh...no rom for gen2

(Below steps only applicable to Liquid Metal/MT (S120), and assumes you have knowledge on fastboot and Windows Command Prompt, I do not hold any responsibility if you mess up your device or somehow revive Bin Laden, credit goes to http://www.hiapk.com/thread-1051820-1-1.html)

To flash your phone back to GEN2 stock firmware, you'll need the following:

1. Attached file: appsboot.zip
  2. Acer Download Tool 1.272
  3. Acer_LiquidMetal_1.100.00_EMEA-GEN1_01.02.02.bin (notice it's still GEN1)
  4. Latest GEN2 upgrade file from www.acer.com (latest for GEN2 is 1.100.36)
And follow the following steps:
  1. Flash your phone back to 1.100.00 GEN1 using Acer Download Tool
  2. After flashing, turn phone off, boot phone into bootloader mode (Key combo refer to: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...liquid-mt-s120/)
  3. Unzip appsboot.zip, using Command Prompt (with admin. priviledges), navigate to the folder with the unzipped files, then input the following commands:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 flash APPSBL appsboot.mbn

fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 reboot

4. The phone should restart, after booting your phone should still be on GEN1 firmware, now try to upgrade using the official upgrade tool, it will magically flash your phone for you :mellow:

appsboot.zip

Edited by victorminC

Guest Tiny Jacky
(Below steps only applicable to Liquid Metal/MT (S120), and assumes you have knowledge on fastboot and Windows Command Prompt, I do not hold any responsibility if you mess up your device or somehow revive Bin Laden, credit goes to http://www.hiapk.com/thread-1051820-1-1.html)

To flash your phone back to GEN2 stock firmware, you'll need the following:

1. Attached file: appsboot.zip
  2. Acer Download Tool 1.272
  3. Acer_LiquidMetal_1.100.00_EMEA-GEN1_01.02.02.bin (notice it's still GEN1)
  4. Latest GEN2 upgrade file from www.acer.com (latest for GEN2 is 1.100.36)
And follow the following steps:
  1. Flash your phone back to 1.100.00 GEN1 using Acer Download Tool
  2. After flashing, turn phone off, boot phone into bootloader mode (Key combo refer to: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...liquid-mt-s120/)
  3. Unzip appsboot.zip, using Command Prompt (with admin. priviledges), navigate to the folder with the unzipped files, then input the following commands:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 flash APPSBL appsboot.mbn

fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 reboot

4. The phone should restart, after booting your phone should still be on GEN1 firmware, now try to upgrade using the official upgrade tool, it will magically flash your phone for you :o

Thx for the info :mellow:

sorry if i didn't make it clear, the main problem for me is that this rom is not working for me.

I flashed a 1.100.00Gen1 .bin through ADT and I suceeded.

Based on my knowledge, the steps you provided makes the Acer official upgrade tool identifies my phone as a gen2 phone and allow me to do the gen2 update, which is not necessary for me as my phone is still working on 1.100.35 and i have a nandroid backup of GEN2, what I only want is this custom rom to work on my phone, thank you.

I still do not understand why the rom is not working for me...the only possible reason i thought of is that my phone hasnt been fully converted to GEN1, but I couldn't find a way to.

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest victorminC
Thx for the info :mellow:

sorry if i didn't make it clear, the main problem for me is that this rom is not working for me.

I flashed a 1.100.00Gen1 .bin through ADT and I suceeded.

Based on my knowledge, the steps you provided makes the Acer official upgrade tool identifies my phone as a gen2 phone and allow me to do the gen2 update, which is not necessary for me as my phone is still working on 1.100.35 and i have a nandroid backup of GEN2, what I only want is this custom rom to work on my phone, thank you.

I still do not understand why the rom is not working for me...the only possible reason i thought of is that my phone hasnt been fully converted to GEN1, but I couldn't find a way to.

I tried installing Metalounay on my GEN2 device but I did not experience the problem you had, basically what I did is to flash 1.100.00, upgrade to 1.100.35 (GEN1), flash RecoveryMT 1.0, wipe all, flash ZIP, I did have issue with Wi-Fi though.

Guest Tiny Jacky
I tried installing Metalounay on my GEN2 device but I did not experience the problem you had, basically what I did is to flash 1.100.00, upgrade to 1.100.35 (GEN1), flash RecoveryMT 1.0, wipe all, flash ZIP, I did have issue with Wi-Fi though.

interesting...I did the same thing too...

do u update ota or you used the installer?

Guest Nesli

I´m using v. 1.2.1 - cause of small internal application memory, I tried A2SD (apps and dalvik, 512mb Ext3 partition)

It strange, when I run for ex. quadrant, i had much better score in O/I, I understand, class 6 card seems to me faster than internal memory..But, when i run some app before, it were immediately opened, but now, im observing it tooks few second of black screen to start application (when it was killed before), it´s annoying :mellow:( Next thing is alarm clock - when i want to rurn on/off alarm, app is not responting for about 10s/15s (when i tap anything else -> fc/wait), what the hell is this ?? :o(

It is regular behaviour or i made something wrong?? :D

I have this ROM for few weeks and yesterday I make a2sd, should be caused of this ? :D

Thanks for reply..

Guest davidevinavil

With ext2 and class 10 SD my metal open application very fast and most fast than without a2sd :mellow:

Guest Nesli

So going to try :mellow:

EDIT: I´ll try Link2SD app before, it should be better sollution :o

EDIT 2: So, link2SD didn´t work, so Ad2sd - apps have still delay and alarm clock is still very laggy :D

EDIT 3: Ok, after 2 reboots(1st app move) it seems to be still a bit laggy, but it is much better than on Ext3 :D

Edited by Nesli

Guest Nesli

Next A2SD issue :unsure:

Tomorrow, I upgraded my 8gb class6 card with 16gb class 10 card -> beginning of problems :)

On old card, I had ad2sd on Ext2 512mb partition, everything was ok..On new card, I make 640mb Ext2 partition..

I restored nandroid before any kind of a2sd and (same as i did it before on 8gb card) apply ad2SD script (gscript)..Now, just everything looks ok, but it isn´t - when i install or remove any app and reboot, phone is stucked on Android logo..

(I also tried clean flash of ROM im using (Metalounay 1.2.1), and it was the same - I started to install and restore my old app, then reboot and stucked on android logo..

Any ideas what i´m making wrong?? Too big ext2 partition? gscript? :P

Please help..

Guest vache
Next A2SD issue :unsure:

Tomorrow, I upgraded my 8gb class6 card with 16gb class 10 card -> beginning of problems :)

On old card, I had ad2sd on Ext2 512mb partition, everything was ok..On new card, I make 640mb Ext2 partition..

I restored nandroid before any kind of a2sd and (same as i did it before on 8gb card) apply ad2SD script (gscript)..Now, just everything looks ok, but it isn´t - when i install or remove any app and reboot, phone is stucked on Android logo..

(I also tried clean flash of ROM im using (Metalounay 1.2.1), and it was the same - I started to install and restore my old app, then reboot and stucked on android logo..

Any ideas what i´m making wrong?? Too big ext2 partition? gscript? :P

Please help..

If you made a nandroid backup when you already had apps2sd activated, once restored, you don't have to activate it again.

Nandroid keep apps2sd activated when restoring.

Guest Nesli

No, I´m using nandroid with no-A2SD applied before, and also on "clean" flash of rom it making this strange things :unsure: